Suggestions for next elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
After the embarrassing show today, I am wondering what changes can be made so that elections can be successfully run.

I think this sends a very bad image of Lebanon/the forum.

These are my suggestions, feel free to add:

1) Any poster with multiple bans in the past couple of years cannot be allowed to take part. Unless the poster in question asks for the administrative team to reconsider the bans if they were unfair.
2) campaigning stops when voting starts. No posts allowed in the elections thread. This will take all the fun.
3) Any candidate who threatens posters directly or indirectly is immediately disqualified.

Feel free to change/add.

• Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Agreed

Candidates cannot have their usernames changed for at least a month before the elections

Each existing mod who reruns should be instantly demoted

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    After the embarrassing show today, I am wondering what changes can be made so that elections can be successfully run.

1) Any poster with multiple bans in the past couple of years cannot be allowed to take part. Unless the poster in question asks for the administrative team to reconsider the bans if they were unfair.
    2) campaigning stops when voting starts. No posts allowed in the elections thread. This will take all the fun.
    3) Any candidate who threatens posters directly or indirectly is immediately disqualified.

Feel free to change/add.
    I suggest we bring moura2bin from other forums that take notes of all the inconsistencies in the oroom electoral system!
    i suggest

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Feel free to change/add.
    There was nothing embarrassing about the elections. There are three candidates who decided to withdraw for different reasons that have nothing to do with the people running the forum. As a candidate who took part in this democratic fiesta, I can vouch for the professionalism of @Jo, @loubnaniTO, and @SeaAb, who went the extra mile to ensure an honest and fair electoral process.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Thank you Jorje, i am gonna move this thread to the suggestions forum. Since this is not political.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    There was nothing embarrassing about the elections. There are three candidates who decided to withdraw for different reasons that have nothing to do with the people running the forum. As a candidate who took part in this democratic fiesta, I can vouch for the professionalism of @Jo, @loubnaniTO, and @SeaAb, who went the extra mile to ensure an honest and fair electoral process.
    It was very much embarrassing. I'm not talking about the administrators.

Candidates left for a reason. Thread closed multiple times. People ganging up on each other...etc, etc. Strategic gangster-like behavior, working coordinately..etc All it says is that members cannot elect their moderators and something else is needed. This is not something that likely will be nice to repeat, whether you liked the results or not. :)

Last edited:
    AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It was very much embarrassing. I'm not talking about the administrators.

Candidates left for a reason. Thread closed multiple times. People ganging up on each other...etc, etc. This is not something that likely will be nice to repeat, whether you liked the results or not. :)
    It's not like you sat idle, Jorje. You were feeding into the drama the by pitting Isabella against Indie.
    But we were all having fun. If some people are too serious they get worked out over something as trivial as a moderator election, it's their problem.
    I personally enjoyed the elections.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    It's not like you sat idle, Jorje. You were feeding into the drama the by pitting Isabella against Indie.
    But we were all having fun. If some people are too serious they get worked out over something as trivial as a moderator election, it's their problem.
    I personally enjoyed the elections.
    Huh?

I don't want this thread to turn into trolling part 2.

It's meant for suggestions to improve the process, and that's all.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Huh?

I don't want this thread to turn into trolling part 2.

It's meant for suggestions to improve the process, and that's all.
    The process is great. The candidates need to get over themselves.
    Next problem?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I personally feel drained after this whole thing. Thought it would be fun to run and defend myself against the accusations and it was fun for a while. What pushed me over the edge wasn't me being attacked but rather @Apostate being targeted for no apparent reason.

I expect the attacks and most of the time welcome them. But to gang up on one of the best moderators we've had and accuse him of all sorts of crap is some serious mind bending stuff!

I don't know what would solve this constant mud slinging and I'm ashamed for having taken part in it. I ignored everyone who caused me some annoyance in the past couple of weeks and decided to move on.

I hope if they do want to keep these elections going then there will be some new rules of engagement. This nothing is off limits approach is not working out for either side.

If not I believe 3 candidates already withdrew from the race and only 3 are left, so congrats they're your new mods.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter

Feel free to change/add.
    My suggestion is either the 3 remaining candidates gets appointed as mods (+1 for AFJ if @Jo wants, since AFJ was tied with RC in first round), or @Jo appoints 4 min 3ando (which is excusable, after all that has happened thanks to trolls)

Bas to have new elections mesh zabta, we already saw what it turned into... it was supposed to be fun for everyone, since we know each others as members since long time... bas unfortunately, people who are taking it too seriously to the point of running smearing campaigns ruined it.
    When I decided to stop the trolls and put them in place, I got no backing from the administration... so that made me consider withdrawing, to the point that I did actually withdraw later on the day... if its not fun, why should I continue being part of it?

thats my 2 cents

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I personally feel drained after this whole thing. Thought it would be fun to run and defend myself against the accusations and it was fun for a while. What pushed me over the edge wasn't me being attacked but rather @Apostate being targeted for no apparent reason.

I expect the attacks and most of the time welcome them. But to gang up on one of the best moderators we've had and accuse him of all sorts of crap is some serious mind bending stuff!

I don't know what would solve this constant mud slinging and I'm ashamed for having taken part in it. I ignored everyone who caused me some annoyance in the past couple of weeks and decided to move on.

I hope if they do want to keep these elections going then there will be some new rules of engagement. This nothing is off limits approach is not working out for either side.

If not I believe 3 candidates already withdrew from the race and only 3 are left, so congrats they're your new mods.
    This is not true

I personally was rooting for Apostate

I wonder how the best moderator doesn't know that he cannot ban people for a month for not breaking any rule...

I am in no position to discuss or question mod decisions
    However what you posted is inaccurate and is distortion of truth
    Apostate broke the rules many times and abused his position as a candidate.

It was not very wise since he was running while being a mod...

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    My suggestion is either the 3 remaining candidates gets appointed as mods (+1 for AFJ if @Jo wants, since AFJ was tied with RC in first round), or @Jo appoints 4 min 3ando (which is excusable, after all that has happened thanks to trolls)

Bas to have new elections mesh zabta, we already saw what it turned into... it was supposed to be fun for everyone, since we know each others as members since long time... bas unfortunately, people who are taking it too seriously to the point of running smearing campaigns ruined it.
    When I decided to stop the trolls and put them in place, I got no backing from the administration... so that made me consider withdrawing, to the point that I did actually withdraw later on the day... if its not fun, why should I continue being part of it?

thats my 2 cents
    I think it was very fun..
    However you took it too seriously dude :)

It wasn't worth going that low with your language... then abusing power
    Not cool

Anyway
    Hard luck and best of luck in future elections !

We all learned something :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I was never banned on this forum
    Until during the election when Apostate abused his power to shut me up after he fell into all the traps i layed out for him

This is nasty politics
    It Adds excitement to the election process....
    The situation is not funny nor is there any excitement.

@Apostate , @Aoune32! , and @The_FPMer are all decent guys. They all ended up having a difficult time because of unnecessary drama.

And I was stuck trying to mediate between both groups, trying to make people be kinder and more understanding.

Are you saying you pushed Apo's buttons on purpose? If so, why would you do that to a decent guy?

And do you realize that a lot of people were attacking Aoune and FPMer because they equated your behaviour with them?

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member

thats my 2 cents
    I'm more or less speaking about elections next year or after.

I think some changes are in order. The coordinated gangster-like smearing campaigns are a problem.
    Unless Jo wants to go Bassil on the forum, which would be justifiable, tbh.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

@Apostate , @Aoune32! , and @The_FPMer are all decent guys. They all ended up having a difficult time because of unnecessary drama.

And I was stuck trying to mediate between both groups, trying to make people be kinder and more understanding.

Are you saying you pushed Apo's buttons on purpose? If so, why would you do that to a decent guy?

And do you realize that a lot of people were attacking Aoune and FPMer because they equated your behaviour with them?
    I did not push anyone's buttons he did it himself :)

I got nothing to do with Aoune and FPMer..
    I'm on my own here and decided to support them..
    Is there anything wrong with that?

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter

This guy thinks he "pushed" me to do something, which is not accurate.
    He broke the rules, and trolled excessively, smeared candidates. I did my job as a mod (whether we're in an election or not) and banned him after he used up all his warnings. To think he "pushed" me into it, shows how sick of a mind he has.
    He literally pollutes every thread he participates in.
    Most of the people here are grown ups, they come here to check news and have some decent discussions - not to have to go through pollution caused by low-level behavior.

He most probably has mental problems that makes him enjoy this childish behavior, while being a grown up.
    I don't believe in God... but you do @Indie, so I'll ask you to pray for him... maybe he grows up

Status
    Not open for further replies.