Suggestions for next elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I did not push anyone's buttons he did it himself :)

I got nothing to do with Aoune and FPMer..
I'm on my own here and decided to support them..
Is there anything wrong with that?
You said you tried to trap Apo on purpose. What did you mean by that?

And why would you gloat about him falling in your trap, right after making an apology thread?

• Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    This guy thinks he "pushed" me to do something, which is not accurate.
    He broke the rules, and trolled excessively, smeared candidates. I did my job as a mod and banned him. To think he "pushed" me into it, shows how sick of a mind he has.
    He literally pollutes every thread he participates in.
    Most of the people here are grown ups, they come here to check news and have some decent discussions - not to have to go through pollution caused by low-level behavior.

He most probably has mental problems that makes him enjoy this childish behavior, while being a grown up.
    I don't believe in God... but you do @Indie, so I'll ask you to pray for him... maybe he grows up
    I did not break any rule...
    You did...

You called me a pig
    You called me 7aqir and when i reminded u of it without any disrespect or insults you banned me for 1 month...

Supermods unbanned me and demoted you
    What does that say to you ? Huh ?

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

And why would you gloat about him falling in your trap, right after making an apology thread?

Ah i see confusion

I noticed that he was prone for power abuse
    And he was speaking to me in a very condescending way
    So i upped the dose to see how far he'll go and he fell for it..

He banned me even though i didn't break any rule you can go review the thread the data is there

Supermods unbanned me and demoted him for a reason

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member

I'm in the weird place agreeing with you here.

This behavior is very disturbing. The more he talks, the more the ban makes sense.

Anyways, I was hoping to keep this thread about future suggestions.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ah i see confusion

He banned me even though i didn't break any rule you can go review the thread the data is there

So I had to remove your ignore to see what @Indie was talking about...

You're literally admitting the ban was deserved.
    You didn't push me to do anything, you broke the rules and got banned (I did my job perfectly) - the only reason that the administration revoked your ban and demoted us (not only me, but IM too ;) ) is to avoid more drama.

Regarding the insults, well you can't describe a shitty behavior with nice words. I advise you to work on your behavior, then maybe people won't have to use bad words when addressing you.
    But who am I kidding, you have a thick mind and probably will keep arguing around it as if you're right. but sure go ahead, you're back on ignore anyway.

PS: I advise you to see a doctor, you're a really sick man if you didn't understand how obscene you and your behavior have been.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

You didn't push me to do anything, you broke the rules and got banned (I did my job perfectly) - the only reason that the administration revoked your ban and demoted us (not only me, but IM too ;) ) is to avoid more drama.

Regarding the insults, well you can't describe a shitty behavior with nice words. I advise you to work on your behavior, then maybe people won't have to use bad words when addressing you.
    But who am I kidding, you have a thick mind and probably will keep arguing around it as if you're right. but sure go ahead, you're back on ignore anyway.

PS: I advise you to see a doctor, you're a really sick man if you didn't understand how obscene you and your behavior have been.
    Sure
    Let's see for ourselves

I told you i'm already wanting to make peace with you

@Indie

Check this out

At exactly this post today Apostate banned me for 1 month:
    Please go through our posts for the 2-3 previous pages
    And provide your opinion:

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ah i see confusion

Here's the thing. Provoking people and playing on people's nerves is not a nice thing to do, even if it doesn't technically break the rules.

This kind of behaviour is why people feel suspicious about you. Plus, they became suspicious of the people you supported, which is not fair to the latter.

I know that you have your grievances as well. But the more you behave this way, the more suspicious people will get about your intentions.

The focus will be on "what is Resign plotting this time" instead of "why is Resign upset and how can we solve the issue?"

I honestly don't know how and when the conflict between you and the mods started, nor who started it. But I can tell you that @Apostate @Iron Maiden @SeaAb and @loubnaniTO are decent guys.

If you feel you were unfairly targetted, it is better that you share your concerns with them, instead of plotting a revenge.

Otherwise...it will lead to a cycle of hatred and abuse.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Regarding the topic, I don't think there was anything wrong with the election process or how the mods handled it. As a candidate, I admit I enjoyed it quite a bit (until the last couple of hours).

What hurt things I think is how charged everyone is from what's happening in the country. Mesh 7a22 3a 7adan. I don't think I'd change anything, except maybe shorten each voting round by a day or two.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I personally feel drained after this whole thing. Thought it would be fun to run and defend myself against the accusations and it was fun for a while. What pushed me over the edge wasn't me being attacked but rather @Apostate being targeted for no apparent reason.

I expect the attacks and most of the time welcome them. But to gang up on one of the best moderators we've had and accuse him of all sorts of crap is some serious mind bending stuff!

I don't know what would solve this constant mud slinging and I'm ashamed for having taken part in it. I ignored everyone who caused me some annoyance in the past couple of weeks and decided to move on.

I hope if they do want to keep these elections going then there will be some new rules of engagement. This nothing is off limits approach is not working out for either side.

If not I believe 3 candidates already withdrew from the race and only 3 are left, so congrats they're your new mods.
    No Isabella this is neither the right approach nor fair.

Once an election is underway, folks cannot really "resign". The election must continue under the same election law with the same ballot even if folks "announce resignation", in fact there is no such thing as announcing resignation once your name is on the ballot and the voting started. The normal and fair course of action is to allow the election to continue anyway no matter who "resigns". If someone who had resigned actually wins, then they would have won and resigned, and therefore if @Jo wants to replace them, he will hold another election to fill the resigned moderator seat.

I think this is what the next steps should be.

You made me temporarily break my promise of solidarity with @The_FPMer but this had to be said, and clearly.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I'm in the weird place agreeing with you here.

This behavior is very disturbing. The more he talks, the more the ban makes sense.

Anyways, I was hoping to keep this thread about future suggestions.
    We can move the posts to Resign's reconciliation thread.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Here's the thing. Provoking people and playing on people's nerves is not a nice thing to do, even if it doesn't technically break the rules.

This kind of behaviour is why people feel suspicious about you. Plus, they became suspicious of the people you supported, which is not fair to the latter.

I know that you have your grievances as well. But the more you behave this way, the more suspicious people will get about your intentions.

The focus will be on "what is Resign plotting this time" instead of "why is Resign upset and how can we solve the issue?"

I honestly don't know how and when the conflict between you and the mods started, nor who started it. But I can tell you that @Apostate @Iron
    I am ready to make peace with everyone
    Even apologize
    I already started a thread for it

I never initiate fights people come after me
    Especially after i turned against tayyar because i don't feel they represent me

Yes i was mistreated
    Yes mods and especially maiden used to talk to me in a very condescending way, mock, troll
    And if i reply my posts get deleted.

Each time i post my opinion about my disagreement with FPM someone new pops put reminding me of a post i did 2 years ago
    And i get called troll

I supported Apostate for mod
    However out of the blue he started to sound exactly like iron maiden
    W ballash ykabber ras...
    It's like iron maiden is using nasser's account...

They tried for loooooong time to drive me away from the forum

Ma fasharo
    I fought them.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No Isabella this is neither the right approach nor fair.

Once an election is underway, folks cannot really "resign". The election must continue under the same election law with the same ballot even if folks "announce resignation", in fact there is no such thing as announcing resignation once your name is on the ballot and the voting started. The normal and fair course of action is to allow the election to continue anyway no matter who "resigns". If someone who had resigned actually wins, then they would have won and resigned, and therefore if @Jo wants to replace them, he will hold another election to fill the resigned moderator seat.

I think this is what the next steps should be.

You made me temporarily break my promise of solidarity with @The_FPMer but this had to be said, and clearly.
    I think we should respect their decision to withdraw from the competition. It's not a dictatorship.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I think we should respect their decision to withdraw from the competition. It's not a dictatorship.
    Of course, they in effect have withdrawn. But their names are on the ballots and the voting is underway. If they win they will be considered resigned, if they lose, they lose. This is how elections are done. Once you put your name on a ballot and voting started, the process continues until the voting ends. As a candidate you are also under the electoral law and have responsibility to the process, you cannot circumvent an electoral process by resigning.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Of course, they in effect have withdrawn. But their names are on the ballots and the voting is underway. If they win they will be considered resigned, if they lose, they lose. This is how elections are done. Once you put your name on a ballot and voting started, the process continues until the voting ends. As a candidate you are also under the electoral law and have responsibility to the process, you cannot circumvent an electoral process by resigning.
    There is no reason to continue round2 with 3 candidates, while you have to end up with 4 winners.
    The remaining 3 candidates are technically winners, and Jo can appoint a 4th if he wants - I suggested earlier AtheistForJesus, since he was the 7th in first round (actually tied with Lebmonage for 6th).

Other possibility is Jo ignores the elections all together, because it has been a joke and not even authentic with all the lies and fake news being spread - and appoints 4 mods at his wish.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    There is no reason to continue round2 with 3 candidates, while you have to end up with 4 winners.
    The remaining 3 candidates are technically winners, and Jo can appoint a 4th if he wants - I suggested earlier AtheistForJesus, since he was the 7th in first round (actually tied with Lebmonage for 6th).

Other possibility is Jo ignores the elections all together, because it has been a joke and not even authentic with all the lies and fake news being spread - and appoints 4 mods at his wish.
    If this is a fair and democratic election, then it needs to be seen through its natural conclusion under the existing law/rules and with the same ballot.
    Resignations or withdrawals of candidacies cannot be used as a tool to circumvent neither the democratic process nor the electoral laws, once a ballot is published and elections are already underway.

Otherwise, yeah of course you guys can do whatever you want :)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

What do you mean ?

The election went on normally...

Isabella
    Bomba
    Fpmer
    Aoune

They won fair and square

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Allah y3eenak ya @Jo
    I do not think the decision is hard really. Let these democratic elections take their course. Nothing wrong with that. There was nothing wrong with these elections, drama is always a part of elections. Candidates "resigning"/withdrawing mid-elections does not derail anything, and should never be allowed to do so. I do not see a challenge. Remember elections are primarily for the people not the candidates.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This guy thinks he "pushed" me to do something, which is not accurate.
    He broke the rules, and trolled excessively, smeared candidates. I did my job as a mod (whether we're in an election or not) and banned him after he used up all his warnings. To think he "pushed" me into it, shows how sick of a mind he has.
    He literally pollutes every thread he participates in.
    Most of the people here are grown ups, they come here to check news and have some decent discussions - not to have to go through pollution caused by low-level behavior.

He most probably has mental problems that makes him enjoy this childish behavior, while being a grown up.
    I don't believe in God... but you do @Indie, so I'll ask you to pray for him... maybe he grows up

I told @Resign what I think he needed to hear. Now let me tell you what I think you need to hear :)

Resign feels that people turned on him once he changed his political stances. Suddenly people started calling him a troll and looking down on him.

Under such circumstances, even if the mods were no being biased in their decisions, it could have felt to him like they were.

I've been accused of bias when I wasn't. People went crazy spamming the forum and sending nasty PMs. It's definitely annoying. But one thing is for sure: if you reply to that with insults and demeaning words, it will only make matters worse.

Staying calm and respectful doesn't mean that people will change their mind about you; but, at the very least, the situation won't become even worse.

Status
    Not open for further replies.