Suggestions for next elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
No Isabella this is neither the right approach nor fair.

Once an election is underway, folks cannot really "resign". The election must continue under the same election law with the same ballot even if folks "announce resignation", in fact there is no such thing as announcing resignation once your name is on the ballot and the voting started. The normal and fair course of action is to allow the election to continue anyway no matter who "resigns". If someone who had resigned actually wins, then they would have won and resigned, and therefore if @Jo wants to replace them, he will hold another election to fill the resigned moderator seat.

I think this is what the next steps should be.

You made me temporarily break my promise of solidarity with @The_FPMer but this had to be said, and clearly.
:lol: No one thought you'd stick with that "promise", Joseph.

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As for the topic of this thread: from my experience being a moderator and participating in elections, comments should be disabled in election threads. The "fun" is not worth the nastiness that goes with it.

Let candidates present a program. Let people vote for who they want. There is no need to comment.

Perhaps there can even be an official Q&A: people submit their questions to the supermods, who choose the best ones to ask to the candidates. Each candidate gets a post to reply to them.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    :lol: No one thought you'd stick with that "promise", Joseph.
    I was planning to stick with it for a while for real, because what happened with The_FPMer really made me feel sad. But derailing these elections through so-called "resignation" is silly. I wanted to make sure folks understand that and clearly. I hope @Jo and the moderator team make the right choice by seeing these democratic elections through to the end, under the same law/rules and the ballot that is already underway.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    My guess is that there is some agreement that these elections were appropriate.

In that case, no need for changes, w khalli kel wa7ad y2abe3 shawko b ideh. lol.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I was planning to stick with it for a while for real, because what happened with The_FPMer really made me feel sad. But derailing these elections through so-called "resignation" is silly. I wanted to make sure folks understand that and clearly. I hope @Jo and the moderator team make the right choice by seeing these democratic elections through to the end, under the same law/rules and the ballot that is already underway.
    I see your point now. I totally agree that these tactics hurt the democratic process.
    I suspect that some people may have chosen to withdraw in groups, in the hopes that this would lead to the cancellation of the elections.
    Hoping JO won't fall for this game, because the other candidates deserve to win and have worked hard to get here.
    Some of those who withdrew were not likely going to make it anyway.

The winners are @StopWorryingLoveTheBomb, @Aoune32!, and @Lebmonage

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Other possibility is Jo ignores the elections all together, because it has been a joke and not even authentic with all the lies and fake news being spread - and appoints 4 mods at his wish.
    With all due respect, Apo, but just because you withdrew from the competition doesn't mean you can sabotage the electoral process. The are other candidates who are still in the run-up and who received more votes than you did.
    If the election results are annulled I will be severely disappointed in this forum which promotes itself as a platform for free thoughtful dialogue.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I see your point now. I totally agree that these tactics hurt the democratic process.
    I suspect that some people may have chosen to withdraw in groups, in the hopes that this would lead to the cancellation of the elections.
    Hoping JO won't fall for this game, because the other candidates deserve to win and have worked hard to get here.
    Some of those who withdrew were not likely going to make it anyway.

The winners are @StopWorryingLoveTheBomb, @Aoune32!, and @Lebmonage
    you dont get to decide who the winners are, the numbers will. if the winners decide after the elections are done that they dont want the position replacements should be found

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    With all due respect, Apo, but just because you withdrew from the competition doesn't mean you can sabotage the electoral process. The are other candidates who are still in the run-up and who received more votes than you did.
    If the election results are annulled I will be severely disappointed in this forum which promotes itself as a platform for free thoughtful dialogue.
    The elections were not over, its not about the votes either ... I had tons of votes on hold actually. But thats not the point.

One of the suggestions I proposed is what you're asking for(remaining 3 win and become mods), so don't cry like a kid as usual.

NiceV

NiceV

I have nothing to add to Joseph and Atheist magnificent arguments
    They sum it perfectly

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    you dont get to decide who the winners are, the numbers will. if the winners decide after the elections are done that they dont want the position replacements should be found
    In a competition, when someone withdraws, it's the next highest-ranked participant who gets to fill their seat.
    Worse case scenario, a small by-election is a held to find a replacement.
    Only in dictatorships or faux democracies are people "appointed" to power.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    In a competition, when someone withdraws, it's the next highest-ranked participant who gets to fill their seat.
    Worse case scenario, a small by-election is a held to find a replacement.
    Only in dictatorships or FPM-like entourages are people "appointed" to power.
    tou dont get to troll people out of elections and claim the higher moral ground, once the elections are done the winers will decide if they want the job, else the admins will decide who to gets to clean the shitposts

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do we have really to go there
    Let’s keep it High
    its a free internet website, i can go anywhere you decide whether tou want to follow me ir not :)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    tou dont get to troll people out of elections and claim the higher moral ground, once the elections are done the winers will decide if they want the job, else the admins will decide who to gets to clean the shitposts
    I see what's going on here

This is all carefully planned to put you back in charge since there's no way you're getting elected.

Am i right ? :)

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Troll people out of elections? Shu hinneh wled zghar? I didn't personally troll anyone. One of the candidates went overboard and I made sure to call him out on his behavior.

In any case, it's a good thing you're no longer a moderator so that we don't have to put up with your twisted arguments.
    If you knew you were going to win, you would have run. Now you're drooling over the prospect of JO annulling the election results and appointing you a moderator because you're too afraid to actually compete in an election.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I see what's going on here

This is all carefully planned to put you back in charge since there's no way you're getting elected.

Am i right ? :)
    yes i decided that you should troll isabella and apo out if the election so i can go back to be a mod

#she3le

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    yes i decided that you should troll isabella and apo out if the election so i can go back to be a mod

#she3le
    I didn't troll anyone...

I fought an electoral campaign
    You people need to man up seriously

Dude
    Politicis is nasty business
    You need to start some internal election inside FPM to know what exactly it means....

Status
    Not open for further replies.