Suggestions for next elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Troll people out of elections? Shu hinneh wled zghar? I didn't personally troll anyone. One of the candidates went overboard and I made sure to call him out on his behavior.

In any case, it's a good thing you're no longer a moderator so that we don't have to put up with your twisted arguments.
If you knew you were going to win, you would have ran. Now you're drooling over the prospect of JO annulling the election results and appointing you a moderator because you're too afraid to actually compete in an election.
my time as mod will be forever remembered as the time the shiposters got their behinds handed to them :)

maybe you are dyslexic, let me put it in more clear wording using caps lock, THE WINNERS OF THE ELECTIONS DECIDE WHETHER THEY WANT THE JOB OR NOT.

get it thru your skull :)

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I didn't troll anyone...

I fought an electoral campaign
    You people need to man up seriously

Dude
    Politicis is nasty business
    You need to start some internal election inside FPM to know what exactly it means....
    u really need to get over urself dude, it was funny a few months ago, now its like a homse joke

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    my time as mod will be forever remembered as the time the shiposters got their behinds handed to them :)

maybe you are dyslexic, let me put it in more clear wording using caps lock, THE WINNERS OF THE ELECTIONS DECIDE WHETHER THEY WANT THE JOB OR NOT.

get it thru your skull :)
    No, they can't announce their withdrawal then suddenly backtrack depending on whether they like the voting results or not. This is unethical.
    They should be considered resigned from this moment.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    No, they can't announce their withdrawal then suddenly backtrack depending on whether they like the voting results or not. This is unethical.
    They should be considered resigned from this moment.
    They are resigned. But you cannot change the ballot in the middle of an election. It continues with the ballots the same and people will vote even if they vote for a "resigned" candidate. Once the election is over you follow your electoral law/rules declare the winners, and if some had resigned/withdrew then so be it, they are gone of course they cannot show up at the end and say I changed my mind and I rejoin lol. Then you hold an election to fill the empty seats.

I urge Jo and the moderators, to move forward with these democratic elections, and reopen the thread now. There is no need to delay.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

They are resigned. But you cannot change the ballot in the middle of an election. It continues with the ballots the same and people will vote even if they vote for a "resigned" candidate. Once the election is over you follow your electoral law/rules declare the winners, and if some had resigned/withdrew then so be it, they are gone of course they cannot show up at the end and say I changed my mind and I rejoin lol. Then you hold an election to fill the empty seats.
    who ever wants to drop out of the race no problem there will be a bi-election for his place. the rest deserve their spots.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    who ever wants to drop out of the race no problem there will be a bi-election for his place. the rest deserve their spots.
    Sure. But we cannot change the electoral rules of the current ongoing elections, nor remove them from ballot mid elections, that would be undemocratic and election tampering.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    They are resigned. But you cannot change the ballot in the middle of an election. It continues with the ballots the same and people will vote even if they vote for a "resigned" candidate. once the election is over you follow your electoral rules declare the winners, and if some had resigned/withdrew then so be it, they are gone of course they cannot show up at the end and say I changed my mind and I rejoin lol. Then you hold an election to fill the empty seats.
    Yes, I was just reading up on the procedure for withdrawal from elections, and can confirm what you're saying is true.
    However, what some candidates are proposing goes against the democratic process.
    Just because 3 people chose to withdraw, that does not give them the right to petition to have the elections nullified or to declare a state of emergency, where JO gets to appoint his own moderators.

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 3.07.30 AM.png

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Sure. But we cannot change the electoral rules of the current ongoing elections, nor remove them from ballot mid elections that is undemocratic and is election tampering.
    im not saying remove them. names stay as they are. voting reopens and who ever wins wins. those who want to remove themselves from the race ba3dena thats their issue. Bi elections for their places.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    We need a swift decision from al-majlis el Forumi al-2a3la. Do the right thing folks, and do it fast. It is not that complicated.
    Re-open the thread, and continue the democratic process.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

We need a swift decision from al-majlis el Forumi al-2a3la. Do the right thing folks, and do it fast. It is not that complicated.
    agree completely. then who wants to resign bi elections for their seat. all the rest are just excuses. as resign or others doing to them as they did to fpmer and me in round 2.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    The integrity of the elections has already been compromised by the behavior of some candidates, so there is no need. Re-opening the ballots won't give the elections any legitimacy.
    Therefore, just "democratically :lol:" appoint the remaining 3 as mods so they don't feel bad about their efforts.
    And @Jo can decide for the 4th spot (most probably AFJ, since he was the first loser of the previous round)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    The integrity of the elections has already been compromised by the behavior of some candidates, so there is no need. Re-opening the ballots won't give the elections any legitimacy.
    Therefore, just "democratically :lol:" appoint the remaining 3 as mods so they don't feel bad about their efforts.
    And @Jo can decide for the 4th spot (most probably AFJ, since he was the first loser of the previous round)
    This is illogical. Nothing was compromised. Just because you decide to withdraw has no bearing on the legitimacy of this election. The process should continue, you do not want to be a moderator, fine.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Jo said he's going to make an announcement tomorrow. Wait for it. Ma ba2a twajje3 2albak post wara post with the same message.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is illogical. Nothing was compromised. Just because you decide to withdraw has no bearing on the legitimacy of this election. The process should continue, you do not want to be a moderator, fine.
    I said the integrity of the elections was compromised by the behavior of some candidates, not by our withdrawal.
    Our withdrawal came as a result to that.
    Opening the ballots again would be just for the show, hence it wouldn't give the elections any legitimacy...

And you're correct, I don't want to be a moderator through such elections... duh
    Apparently others want to become moderators at any cost, even at the cost of their values - fine by me. Appoint them.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Jo said he's going to make an announcement tomorrow. Wait for it. Ma ba2a twajje3 2albak post wara post with the same message.
    Sure. I am replying to many who are not digesting this correctly.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I said the integrity of the elections was compromised by the behavior of some candidates, not by our withdrawal.
    Our withdrawal came as a result to that.
    Opening the ballots again would be just for the show, hence it wouldn't give the elections any legitimacy...

And you're correct, I don't want to be a moderator through such elections... duh
    Apparently others want to become moderators at any cost, even at the cost of their values - fine by me. Appoint them.
    No it was not compromised by any of the usual drama. None of what happened violated any electoral rules. You are simply exaggerating this for some reason. You are using your resignation to try to pressure Jo to derail the democratic process. Your resignation is your right, but the process should be seen through to its natural conclusion.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    No it was not compromised by any of the usual drama. None of what happened violated any electoral rules. You are simply exaggerating this for some reason. You are using your resignation to try to pressure Jo to derail the democratic process. Your resignation is your right, but the process should be seen through to its natural conclusion.
    You're reading too much into it... you think people actually care about the results of a forum election..
    I'm pressuring who and what? I'm actually calling for the remaining 3 to be declared winners.

Stop drawing non-existing scenarios in your head dear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.