Suggestions for next elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
You're reading too much into it... you think people actually care about the results of a forum election..
I'm pressuring who and what? I'm actually calling for the remaining 3 to be declared winners.

Stop drawing non-existing scenarios in your head dear.
Case in point. You are trying to circumvent the democratic electoral process. I am reading it as it is. not too much, not too little.
You wanted to resign, resign. But respect the current process already under way, and it should continue to its natural conclusion per the existing election rules and the existing ballots.

• Advertisement
  • Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Case in point. You are trying to circumvent the democratic electoral process. I am reading it as it is. not too much, not too little.
    I give up... aslan what was I thinking arguing with someone who repeats the same line 100 times... sooooo:

1574992022461.jpeg

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I give up... aslan what was I thinking arguing with someone who repeats the same line 100 times... sooooo:

View attachment 15762
    It's Ok, I am simply trying to explain some simple logic to you. my bad.
    "Calling for remaining 3 to be winners" as you said circumvents the electoral process.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's Ok, I am simply trying to explain some simple logic to you. my bad.
    Logic is having an election for 3 candidates fighting over 4 seats. Nice logic. 🤦‍♂️
    They win by "Tazkiye" Mr. Genius.

Buuuut I'm sure you're gonna argue about it, so in advance to whatever you gonna say:

• Haha
    Reactions: DLT
    J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I am sorry that you feel that something fairly important to this forum like moderation can be discussed through memes.
    I am genuinely disappointed in you. You allowed these elections to let you devolve and become a bit unhinged, and you are losing perspective.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am sorry that you feel that something fairly important to this forum like moderation can be discussed through memes.
    I am genuinely disappointed in you. You allowed these elections to let you devolve and become a bit unhinged, and you are losing perspective.
    Reread my post, I edited it :)

And its not moderation that is discussed through memes, your flawed logic was the discussion topic there.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Logic is having an election for 3 candidates fighting over 4 seats. Nice logic. 🤦‍♂️
    They win by "Tazkiye" Mr. Genius.
    You are not understanding the election process properly. I keep repeating it for you but you do not want to understand it. take a step back and think it through. Just because you are not reading what I am telling you does not give any credence to your illogical argument.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are not understanding the election process properly. I keep repeating it for you but you do not want to understand it. take a step back and think it through. Just because you are not reading what I am telling you does not give any credence to your illogical argument.
    Listen buddy, this is not a parliamentary elections or presidential elections.
    It is a forum elections.
    If you want to cling on technicalities, in the forum elections rules I saw nothing as to what happens specifically when half the candidates withdraw.
    In case I missed them, please put them forward instead of parroting the same lines over and over again.

Otherwise, your argument is just as illogical as mine - it is simply an opinion and @Jo is free to do whatever he wants (which technically he is free to do whatever he wants regardless of whats written 🤣, but he is a good guy).

<3

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Listen buddy, this is not a parliamentary elections or presidential elections.
    It is a forum elections.
    If you want to cling on technicalities, in the forum elections rules I saw nothing as to what happens specifically when half the candidates withdraw.
    In case I missed them, please put them forward instead of parroting the same lines over and over again.

Otherwise, your argument is just as illogical as mine - it is simply an opinion and @Jo is free to do whatever he wants (which technically he is free to do whatever he wants regardless of whats written 🤣, but he is a good guy).

<3
    A sound democratic process is never a technicality. Here in a forum or anywhere.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    A sound democratic process is never a technicality. Here in a forum or anywhere.
    So you presented nothing, good. :) proves your logical argument is not logical after all - its just a biased opinion.
    Now keep parroting

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    soar losers. LOL 😂😂😂
    Yes I am weak, but I'm not a sore loser. I'm number one in the voting and not only this election but also the last round. I'm the uncontested winner.

I'm weak because I chose to focus on my real life issues rather than petulant children and their constant need for validation. The scheming, the plotting, the campaigning, the smear campaign after smear campaign, the lies the sheer amount of lies and people like you have the audacity to pretend like they're the only ones being targeted when they are front and center with their incessant attacks and not only that, but jumped at the chance ennun yeshmato bi ghayrun!

I'd rather roll into a ball and wallow in complete misery than keep doing this tbh! I've been coming here in the last couple of days to escape from the hell that is my personal life right now not to make myself even more miserable.

Actually you know what. Ignore this, ignore everything, seeing your glee and that of others at the thought of coming out on top, I have decided to withdraw my withdrawal. You don't get to win on a technicality.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Yes I am weak, but I'm not a sore loser. I'm number one in the voting and not only this election but also the last round. I'm the uncontested winner.

I'm weak because I chose to focus on my real life issues rather than petulant children and their constant need for validation. The scheming, the plotting, the campaigning, the smear campaign after smear campaign, the lies the sheer amount of lies and people like you have the audacity to pretend like they're the only ones being targeted when they are front and center with their incessant attacks and not only that, but jumped at the chance ennun yeshmato bi ghayrun!

I'd rather roll into a ball and wallow in complete misery than keep doing this tbh! I've been coming here in the last couple of days to escape from the hell that is my personal life right now not to make myself even more miserable.

Actually you know what. Ignore this, ignore everything, seeing your glee and that of others at the thought of coming out on top, I have decided to withdraw my withdrawal. You don't get to win on a technicality.
    The attacks were both ways especially the attacks in round 2. mabada hal 2ade ya3ne. you are not the victim here.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    The attacks were both ways especially the attacks in round 2. mabade hal 2ade ya3ne. you are no victim.
    You're the only one who was pretending to be a victim when he was front and center with his aggressions. This is the last thing i'm writing in public until the elections are up and the results are announced. Not feeding into constant bullshit anymore.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

You're the only one who was pretending to be a victim when he was front and center with his aggressions. This is the last thing i'm writing in public until the elections are up and the results are announced. Not feeding into constant bullshit anymore.
    ahsan. i was the victim in round 2. go read the posts in the thread.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    After the embarrassing show today, I am wondering what changes can be made so that elections can be successfully run.

I think this sends a very bad image of Lebanon/the forum.

These are my suggestions, feel free to add:

1) Any poster with multiple bans in the past couple of years cannot be allowed to take part. Unless the poster in question asks for the administrative team to reconsider the bans if they were unfair.
    2) campaigning stops when voting starts. No posts allowed in the elections thread. This will take all the fun.
    3) Any candidate who threatens posters directly or indirectly is immediately disqualified.

Feel free to change/add.
    Thanks for starting this thread Jorje.

I was hoping to see a more constructive discussion on how to improve the process for next time, as you suggested, i saw a few suggestions by a handful of members, the rest was regrettably a regression to pointing fingers, blame, and personal attacks. But anyway, it's all helpful. And thanks for those who had a few good words to the staff team... i can tell you it is not easy to manage situations like these, while juggling work, family and life at the same time.

i don't think there were any major flaws in the system, but there are definitely lessons learned for next time. In my very humble opinion, there were conditions that contributed to a perfect storm:
    - the situation in Lebanon that made everything very tense to start with!
    - the increased activity in the forum that required all hands on deck... which resulted in mod-candidates, and the conflict of interest fiasco.
    - the unexpected extreme polarization - that reflected our Lebanese nature and current situation - that resulted in camps ganging against each other taking it too personally
    - a possible misunderstanding of what a moderator does, and mixing up a moderator's job with political affiliation. A moderator should not (ideally) be biased, and hence their political affiliation shouldn't matter. Still we were hoping for a diverse group of mods so everyone would feel more comfortable and better represented.
    - some members with big egos, others with their own interpretation of forum rules, and others lecturing mods and admins on their "rights" in the forum and on how they should run it.... all contributing to a toxic environment that makes discussions ever so divisive.

In any case... there are definitely lessons learned for next time. We will take some time to discuss them and consider a better process for next time to minimize those factors.

Next steps?... the admin team is considering options. We have read what has been said and suggested here, and your thoughts are highly appreciated. There are pros and cons to every option we might proceed with, and no solution will be prefect.
    I really hope you all can appreciate that and respect whatever decision will be made by Jo, and support the team... mods come and go, but the forum stays always as the free platform for civilized and constructive discussions.

Jo will be making announcements tomorrow in this regard. Please don't block roads and burn tires in every thread every time he makes an announcement!!!! :)

V

Viral

They say you get what you pay for….
    Pick candidates based on their track record of impartiality, maturity and level of civility. Approach them for the job even if you have to beg them to take it.
    You can always add an elected couple to satisfy certain crowd…
    It’s not that complicated.
    Just don't let the monkeys run the Circus...

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Thanks for starting this thread Jorje.

I was hoping to see a more constructive discussion on how to improve the process for next time, as you suggested, i saw a few suggestions by a handful of members, the rest was regrettably a regression to pointing fingers, blame, and personal attacks. But anyway, it's all helpful. And thanks for those who had a few good words to the staff team... i can tell you it is not easy to manage situations like these, while juggling work, family and life at the same time.

i don't think there were any major flaws in the system, but there are definitely lessons learned for next time. In my very humble opinion, there were conditions that contributed to a perfect storm:
    - the situation in Lebanon that made everything very tense to start with!
    - the increased activity in the forum that required all hands on deck... which resulted in mod-candidates, and the conflict of interest fiasco.
    - the unexpected extreme polarization - that reflected our Lebanese nature and current situation - that resulted in camps ganging against each other taking it too personally
    - a possible misunderstanding of what a moderator does, and mixing up a moderator's job with political affiliation. A moderator should not (ideally) be biased, and hence their political affiliation shouldn't matter. Still we were hoping for a diverse group of mods so everyone would feel more comfortable and better represented.
    - some members with big egos, others with their own interpretation of forum rules, and others lecturing mods and admins on their "rights" in the forum and on how they should run it.... all contributing to a toxic environment that makes discussions ever so divisive.

In any case... there are definitely lessons learned for next time. We will take some time to discuss them and consider a better process for next time to minimize those factors.

Next steps?... the admin team is considering options. We have read what has been said and suggested here, and your thoughts are highly appreciated. There are pros and cons to every option we might proceed with, and no solution will be prefect.
    I really hope you all can appreciate that and respect whatever decision will be made by Jo, and support the team... mods come and go, but the forum stays always as the free platform for civilized and constructive discussions.

Jo will be making announcements tomorrow in this regard. Please don't block roads and burn tires in every thread every time he makes an announcement!!!! :)
    I still have not heard an explanations as to why you are even weighing options. What is it that prompted a halt of the elections, and this weighing of options? for real?

Just because some decided to withdraw their candidacy? How is that cause to halt elections?

You really should have kept moving with the election process to its natural conclusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.