• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Suicide

GMA forever

Thank God you weren't that weak (not strong)!

Thanx Dalzi for your concerns, you would have had one less back up here in defending the opposition against the feb.14th circus :tongue:

I'm realy interested GMA in knowing what gets with a person to the stage of wanting to commit suicide. :huh:

All of you here are talking about the suicidals that they are a bunch of depressive lunatics, who don't believe in anything and are weak and lost.

Well with my respect to all, but I don't agree! I think people get to suicide once they don't find a way out anymore, not because they are weak or unbelievers. Once someone has nowhere to go anymore in life, the only thing left for him is to cross that bridge alone. Most suicides happen in civilised and very modern countries, mainly central europe and scandinavia. I don't think those people are all weak, it is that they lost their way in life and nothing seems to matter anymore. Most suicidals do it just to prove something to the world or to their close ones.

I cannot agree that someone suicides just because he is weak or don't want to fight anymore.

Dalzi

Legendary Member
OK I didnt want to talk about it but anyway here it is.

At 15, I had a very dear friend and he was also 15. He was in love with a girl with us in school. He tried to get to know her many times, but her answer to him was always rejection. I advised him to go tell her about his feelings and confess his love to her, her answer to him was that all the guys talk bullshit and she doesn't believe him.

3 days later, it was a friday night, I was out with friends. I come back home and it was about midnight. My mum tells me that my friend called me 3 times in the evening. Of course I didn't call so late that night, but next morning when I did, I heard the news from his crying sister, that he took his life away with his father's gun, leaving a note to his beloved girl that he killed himself to proove his love for her is no bullshit.

Through the years I thought about that a lot, if a girl that I love rejects me, am I that strong "like him" to be able to kill myself to prove my love for her? The answer was no I wasn't, he was way stronger than me.

This is tragic! :eek:hmy: How stupid is she! But you see, now she lives on while he dies :crying:... 15 is such a young dangerous age, you change a lot as you grow up...

No GMA forever, never kill yourself for anyone, if she rejects you to hell with her there's plenty to take her place :)... You are stronger than him because you chose to face and deal with reality instead of escaping it.

Follow Bin Abi Rabee3a... سلام عليها ما أحبت سلامنا فإن كرهته فالسلام على أخرى

I've heard a lot of tragic suicidal stories related to love, so they didn't say من الحب ما قتل in vain... Jeez! What do they do to fall in love like that??? Any secret potion??? :D

Once someone has nowhere to go anymore in life, the only thing left for him is to cross that bridge alone.

You always have God. He will give you all the strength you need if you're willing to turn to him :smile:...

GMA forever

I think that if he found you that evening to bring him some support, he wouldn't kill himself! It wasn't courage! Big problem + no support + lonelyness!
I'm not trying to let you feel guilty... but with a little support, he would have changed his mind!

I had to carry that guilt for so long dear kakou and live with it, I blamed everyone including the ones that invented mobile phones to have done it so late.

Stella

I cannot agree that someone suicides just because he is weak or don't want to fight anymore.

Of course it is the reason in many cases, as they are disillusioned, lost any goals in life to live on, or find their life too empty.

But its always up to us whether we keep ourselves isolated or "dare to go out" and live.

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think that if he found you that evening to bring him some support, he wouldn't kill himself! It wasn't courage! Big problem + no support + lonelyness!
I'm not trying to let you feel guilty... but with a little support, he would have changed his mind!

كاكو، ألم تقولي إنّ المنتحر شجاع إلا أنه اتّجهَ بشجاعته بعيداً عن الكفاح في الحياة؟

لا شك أنّ الدعم الذي يتلقّاه يؤثر. لكن، أحياناً، تفقد كلمات الدعم معناها بالنسبة إليه. حينَ الآخرون يتكلمون ويتكلمون لكنه في غياهب عالمه الداخلي يسمع ولا يصغي، ينظر ولا يرى، يتواجد بجسده في مكانٍ واحد مع الآخرين لكنّ عالماً آخر أطبقَ عليه فلا يعيشُ إلا فيه

هذه الأمور لو حصلت لنا، فستكون عابرة ومؤقتة. لكنّ المنتحر يعيشها في دوامٍ واتصال

الوحدة والعزلة مركزية ومحورية في حالة المنتحر. لكنها لطالما كانت كهفَ المبدعين ليسكنوا إليه ويحفروا آياتِ الجمال فيما يبتكرون. إذاً، متى تكونُ كذلك، ومتى تُمْسي سبباً لانحطام صاحبها؟​

Dalzi

Legendary Member
Of course it is the reason in many cases, as they are disillusioned, lost any goals in life to live on, or find their life too empty.

But its always up to us whether we keep ourselves isolated or "dare to go out" and live.

I agree with you Stella, but if you want us to read your posts without hurting our eyes, you should change the purple colour :biggrin: :biggrin:... I'm about to commit suicide :biggrin:. :eek:fftopic:

Faithful

Legendary Member
I agree that a person about to commit suicide is not in his full mental abilities, but the way you described it doesn't fit to all. About the courageous act, I am not saying that commiting suicide is courageaous, all what I am saying is that for someone to pull the trigger or jump, he needs a lot of strength to be able to achieve it.

GMA forever, i am talking about the medical situation of the person who commit suicide. People who die by suicide are not thinking clearly -- and they cannot possibly think clearly -- because their brain is not functioning properly at the time they pass away from suicide. So i dont think they are feeling anything except...... "i want to die to stop my pain ". It's like they took some drugs. They don't need courage to shut themself or to jump from the 5th floor, because they are not afraid. They just want to die.

Through the years I thought about that a lot, if a girl that I love rejects me, am I that strong "like him" to be able to kill myself to prove my love for her? The answer was no I wasn't, he was way stronger than me.

No he is not stronger, he couldn't face his lost , he couldn't support his pain. He didn't have enough courage to continue his life without this girl. Where is strength here ??? Strength is not just being physically strong but also being mentally strong and unfortunately he was not.
And Please don't blame yourself for his dead. This was his decision just pray for him now to rest in peace.

Stella

I agree with you Stella, but if you want us to read your posts without hurting our eyes, you should change the purple colour :biggrin: :biggrin:... I'm about to commit suicide :biggrin:. :eek:fftopic:

Thanks Dalzi, I share all your opinion too here:biggrin:

As for the color, its like a trademark you know:biggrin:
but I will change to my other favourite, I hope you like it, we dont want to loose you for sure:biggrin: :angel: :eek:fftopic:

Kakou

كاكو، ألم تقولي إنّ المنتحر شجاع إلا أنه اتّجهَ بها بعيداً عن الكفاح في الحياة؟

لا شك أنّ الدعم الذي يتلقّاه يؤثر. لكن، أحياناً، تفقد كلمات الدعم معناها بالنسبة إليه. حينَ الآخرون يتكلمون ويتكلمون لكنه في غياهب عالمه الداخلي يسمع ولا يصغي، ينظر ولا يرى، يتواجد بجسده في مكانٍ واحد مع الآخرين لكنّ عالماً آخر أطبقَ عليه فلا يعيشُ إلا فيه

هذه الأمور لو حصلت لنا، فستكون عابرة ومؤقتة. لكنّ المنتحر يعيشها في دوامٍ واتصال

الوحدة والعزلة مركزية ومحورية في حالة المنتحر. لكنها لطالما كانت كهفَ المبدعين ليسكنوا إليه ويحفروا آياتِ الجمال فيما يبتكرون. إذاً، متى تكونُ كذلك، ومتى تُمْسي سبباً لانحطام صاحبها؟​

Ya Picasso, this time, I will reply in french!!
Ce que je voulais dire c'est que celui qui se suicide a besoin d'un niveau très élevé de courage... Or s'il a ce niveau, il aurait pu faire face à la vie et à tous ses problèmes! Je sais que c'est un peu compliqué! mais lorsque j'ai parlé de solitude, je parlais justement de cette solitude dont tu parles ici! Le sentiment de solitude plus que la solitude physique et charnelle! C'est la solitude qu'on ressent lorsque la personne ne trouve personne avec qui partager tout ce qui se passe en elle! C'est de cette solitude que je parlais et je suis fortement convaincue que la décision de suicide, si elle vient des millions de milliards de fois, une toute petite lueur peut l'arrêter, au moment exact! Une petite lueur qui peut l'emporter, car l'instinct de vie est beaucoup plus puissant! Arrête une certaine personne qui allait tout droit vers le suicide, il pourra changer d'avis même si tu lui en parles pas! Au moment de la catastrophe (je sais que c'est exagéré), tout le monde nous paraît dur et insupportable et nous croyons que par la mort, tout sera résolu! Deux minutes, heures ou jours après, nous revenons à la vie et nous persévérons jusqu'à nous heurter à un nouvel obstacle et ainsi de suite! Donc, tu vois! Nos senntiments changent et les problèmes diminuent de valeur avec le temps! tu n'as jamais vu de femmes qui survivaient après la mort de leur fils, même si dans un profond chagrin?? Tu n'as jamais vu d'hommes qui recommencent après avoir perdu toute une fortune? Bien qu'il y en a plein qui décident de se suicider! Mais ils pensent une seule seconde avant, ils ne le feront pas! Tu n'as jamais senti que c'était la fin du monde lorsque tu perds quelqu'un à cause de la mort ou d'un simple malentendu? Et puis après tu REVIS... fais de nouvelles connaissances et persévères...

Le suicide ne peut pas se faire à la suite d'une décision prise INTELLECTUELLEMENT mais c'est une RÉACTION à une situation présente à mon avis, car une fois le cerveau fonctionne, le souhait de suicide échappe!

Je ne sais pas si je suis plus claire maintenant!

Pour ce qui est de la foi, je suis tout à fait d'accord avec ceux qui la considèrent comme remède: La foi en la VIE, en SOI, en DIEU,... en TOUT et en n'importe quoi!!

Dalzi

Legendary Member

Solitude … A time for you to indulge in your own world, to meditate, to think, to relax, to create, to find a meaning for life… God himself passed on his words to prophets “in solitude”… Escapism… Privacy… You and yourself… How many times have you felt the urge to go somewhere where there is no one but you and nature?

We all need solitude from time to time. We need to set ourselves free, and freedom is in solitude. However, the danger lies when you choose to isolate yourself completely from the surrounding world; when you escape but refuse to return. So I say we venture into the “Ideal”, escape, dream, for it is only there where we can come close to perfection, but we are to remember that no matter how far we drift, reality and the material world is where we actually belong. Being human makes us part of a society where we have a role and a duty to fulfil.

“We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion.
The greatest task in life is to find reality.”​

Claudia

Kakou I respect your opinion too but when someone is weak, too weak, he can't pull the trigger or jump.

So the act of suicide is an act where you need to have strength, a lot of strength to be able to achieve it.

I don't agree with you, you don't have to be very strong to commit a suicide. All you have to feel is too despair and sad about your current life. The anger, the rage, the despair and the Devil give you good reasons to kill yourself. If you are weak you'll believe these reasons are enough to finish with your life. If you're selfish you'll think your problems are bigger than the rest of people's. If you don't have confidence in yourself you'll think that a quick solution is better than the long term work needed to have a fulfilling life.

But not only suicide bring bad consequences. Sadly, unsuccessful suicidal gestures are habits that selfish people develop early on which has had a great deal of success in getting your attention. And that's annoys me.

OK I didnt want to talk about it but anyway here it is.

At 15, I had a very dear friend and he was also 15. He was in love with a girl with us in school. He tried to get to know her many times, but her answer to him was always rejection. I advised him to go tell her about his feelings and confess his love to her, her answer to him was that all the guys talk bullshit and she doesn't believe him.

3 days later, it was a friday night, I was out with friends. I come back home and it was about midnight. My mum tells me that my friend called me 3 times in the evening. Of course I didn't call so late that night, but next morning when I did, I heard the news from his crying sister, that he took his life away with his father's gun, leaving a note to his beloved girl that he killed himself to proove his love for her is no bullshit.

What a sad story. And after years later you're still thinking about it and blaming yourself. You should stop it, he killed himself because he wanted, not because you didn't call him like he wished.

If he was strong like you're saying he would think about the sadness and despair his parents and friends would feel with his decision.

My youngest sister had a friend who lost her mother. The woman killed herself when the daughter was only 7 and since then the girl had many problems. She thought for many time she was the reason why the mother killed herself. Years later a catholic nun of their school was very harsh to the mother's memory (too harsh, imo) telling she wouldn't pray for her soul because she was too selfish to her daughter. The nun was the only one who told the girl that her mother didn't deserve a bit of sorrow. I know this sounds awful but this was the only way to make the girl feel less guilty.

God's intention is to preserve life, suicide is against God's will. His plan is for life, not death:
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

The solution to despair and hopelessness is not suicide, but faith in God.

And I insist about this great part of a message from Dalzi:
I would never kill myself even if the entire world vanishes leaving me behind.
:thumbup: <!-- / message -->

Renard

suicide always bring 2 novels to my mind, ana karenina and mme bovari!
mme bovari thought it would end up in a very romantic way and she felt a lot of pain and had lots of regrets, and ana karenina, who the moment she was jumping, regreted this decision...
i really hope we can be of help to all the people going down so that the suicide idea will never cross their mind!

Check this movie: the suicide of Dalida:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEQMlQTmpIE

The end of Dalida ... Nobody realizes how sad this woman was; nobody tried to help her ... Yet, she did not understand her fans' passion for her music ... she did not realize how immense she was ... A true Diva ... May she rest in peace ...

Kakou

The end of Dalida ... Nobody realizes how sad this woman was; nobody tried to help her ... Yet, she did not understand her fans' passion for her music ... she did not realize how immense she was ... A true Diva ... May she rest in peace ...

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Comme quand ma mère.... me laissant... SEULE avec mon DÉSESPOIR... c'est ce que je voulais dire dans tous les postes précédents!! Et puis le visage de l'actrice qui jouait le rôle de la Diva... c'est comme si elle appelait inconsciemment au secours! Je crois que si la servante n'avait pas quitté la maison et était intervenue de n'importe quelle façon, Dalida serait abstenue d'accomplir son suicide!! "Pardonnez-moi... La vie est insupportable"! C'est pour cela qu'elle était malade..., seule et désespérée et n'a trouvé personne pour "supporter" la vie avec elle!!

Faithful

Legendary Member

Thanks Renard for sharing this with u,

Dalida was and still one of my favorite Singer. She has a great voice, a great songs, a great actrice a real Diva. Some of her songs like "Je suis malade" et "Je veux mourir sur scene", clearly reflect her suffering.
It's really sad how a Star like her, that she may had everything: money, people surrounding her, fame, fans, very nice voice..... but not happiness.
We can feel pain in her eyes, in her voice and in her songs. I think this was her way for asking help, she was suffering all the time and no one could help her. C'est vraiment dommage. May she rests in peace.

Inanna

Dalida was one of the greatest woman on earth! a lady by all means! i still can't believe she did what she did!
MAy her soul rest in peace!

Claudia

May Dalida's soul rest in Peace. Her voice was so strong and she had such huge and elegant presence. My mom still keeps some french magazines with articles about her!

Her life was full of sadness. Of course she had a wonderful career, but she always fall in love with impossible loves... all those men killed themselves too... Poor woman. She once told something like this "I didn't choose about my birth but I will choose about my death". The Devil was already tempting her.
She died 20 years ago from now (1987). :frown:

Inanna

May Dalida's soul rest in Peace. Her voice was so strong and she had such huge and elegant presence. My mom still keeps some french magazines with articles about her!

Her life was full of sadness. Of course she had a wonderful career, but she always fall in love with impossible loves... all those men killed themselves too... Poor woman. She once told something like this "I didn't choose about my birth but I will choose about my death". The Devil was already tempting her.
She died 20 years ago from now (1987). :frown:

your mom has these old magazine!~ WOW! i'm a fan of the diva!

remember she also sang "mourir sur scene" where she was asking death to come when she'll be on stage, singing, not alone "viens, mais ne viens pas quand je serai seule..." and we all know that dalida's song reflect her thoughts, reflections, state of mind...

she was so unlucky in love, so lonely and she describes it perfectly well in her song "pour ne pas vivre seul" "pour ne pas vivre seul, on vit comme ceux qui veulent se donner l'illusion de ne pas vivre seul..." "pour ne pas vivre seul je t'aime et je t'attends pour avoir l'illusion de ne pas vivre seul..."

WHY DIDNT YOU FIGHT DALIDA!? she took IMO a wrong decision for her own sake and her fans' too!

Claudia

your mom has these old magazine!~ WOW! i'm a fan of the diva!

So am I. I grow up learning about my mom's two divas: princess Grace and Dalida. Weird how world's great divas (Maria Callas was another one) always have awful deaths...

remember she also sang "mourir sur scene" where she was asking death to come when she'll be on stage, singing, not alone "viens, mais ne viens pas quand je serai seule..." and we all know that dalida's song reflect her thoughts, reflections, state of mind...

Yes, talking like this happens with many potential suiciders around this world. When someone starts to speak a lo about the death (it doesn't mean they mention the word suicide), parents and people around should be concern. I don't know very well how can we avoid someone to kill himself... Devil is too strong when people are weak, and if they don't have Faith soon they will obey to Satan wishes.

What makes me feel so sad about Dalida is when I listen and read the lyrics of her songs and realize how this woman appeared to lose all enthusiasm for life and sank into a long lethargy. She didn't want to live anymore but at the same time she was asking for help. I think she was tired to search for the real love of her life.

she was so unlucky in love, so lonely and she describes it perfectly well in her song "pour ne pas vivre seul" "pour ne pas vivre seul, on vit comme ceux qui veulent se donner l'illusion de ne pas vivre seul..." "pour ne pas vivre seul je t'aime et je t'attends pour avoir l'illusion de ne pas vivre seul..."

Poor woman. I know this sounds strange but when I read your post Inanna I thought "Dalida, why did you do that? Only if I could had helped you..." :crying:

WHY DIDNT YOU FIGHT DALIDA!? she took IMO a wrong decision for her own sake and her fans' too!

Yes, a very wrong decision. She, as all others suiciders, disappointed their fans and friends. Anyway, may her soul rest in Peace. Talking about her, 20 years after her death, is the proof of how many fans she had and still has.