• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Suleiman to host Jumblat-GMA meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
لقاء مصالحة بين العماد عون والنائب جنبلاط في قصر بعبدا الأربعاء المقبل
tayyar.org

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
لنائب الان عون للـOTV:
هناك تطورات إيجابية ممكن ان تسمح للقاءٍ بين العماد عون والنائب جنبلاط
tayyar.org

Venom

Legendary Member
Jumblat to meet Aoun next week in Baabda for Sleiman called both of them and encouraged them to come

OTV

Will Sleiman do the same among Christian political rivals?

goatlord

Jumblat to meet Aoun next week in Baabda for Sleiman called both of them and encouraged them to come

OTV

Will Sleiman do the same among Christian political rivals?

Nobody wants to meet Geagea because of the Syrian veto on the LF.

Venom

Legendary Member
Nobody wants to meet Geagea because of the Syrian veto on the LF.

I hope their allies FM, PSP stand next to them in order not to be isolated....OOPS

anyways I don't think the issue is Syria....LF is working on confrontation and not reconciliation....check their media and u can tell...

goatlord

I hope their allies FM, PSP stand next to them in order not to be isolated....OOPS

anyways I don't think the issue is Syria....LF is working on confrontation and not reconciliation....check their media and u can tell...

LF tried (begged) to get a meeting with Franjieh, but the latter refused.

Syria obviously wants to isolate and marginalize the LF which represents around 30 to 40 percent of the Christians.

a59

Did GMA and WJ build the essence of their meeting already ? I thought it was gonna take much longer and exchanged visits between FPM and PSP then a meeting between the two to announce the agreement. :huh:

Seems like a move being done too soon, there's nothing critical that calls for an immediate meeting with WJ.

J.Hanna

Did GMA and WJ build the essence of their meeting already ? I thought it was gonna take much longer and exchanged visits between FPM and PSP then a meeting between the two to announce the agreement. :huh:

Seems like a move being done too soon, there's nothing critical that calls for an immediate meeting with WJ.

university elections! :smartass:

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

The day LF accept reconciliation with others it will be their end as a political party cos their (true) plan is the partition of Lebanon !! Haram, soon they will only be left with Harb and Kataeb, and of course with their spiritual leader Batrak :drunk:

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
لنائب الان عون للـOTV:
هناك تطورات إيجابية ممكن ان تسمح للقاءٍ بين العماد عون والنائب جنبلاط
tayyar.org

Like what? Jumbi stopping being a chameleon?

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
What would be the point of this reconciliation?
What are you at odds with and that you need to reconcile?
How would you know what the elements of this reconciliation are and whether they were addressed or not?

Please remember these questions, and ask yourselves as you watch what will unfold in front of you.

LebanonUSA

The day LF accept reconciliation with others it will be their end as a political party cos their (true) plan is the partition of Lebanon !! Haram, soon they will only be left with Harb and Kataeb, and of course with their spiritual leader Batrak :drunk:

You mean Harb and Batrak. The Kataeb are independent but in March 14 (whatever that is). And I also heard that the Batrak has been put on a short leash by the Vatican...

Going back to the topic of this thread, Aoun has met with Geagea and the Batrak several times in the past. Why would it be different if he met with Joumblatt?

elias-aj

Legendary Member
I don't know what kind of title we could give to this kind of meeting...

I thought "Lebanon : From a banana republic to Lala land (or le pays de Oui-Oui)". Then another one, more caustic or corrosive (darn me, I'm not english educated and I always wonder which word fits better... so pick one and excuse me for that) : "For whom the [church] bell tolls ?" - courtesy from Metallica (the band).

Anyway... Hope the mezze will be fine.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
I don't know what kind of title we could give to this kind of meeting...

I thought "Lebanon : From a banana republic to Lala land (or le pays de Oui-Oui)". Then another one, more caustic or corrosive (darn me, I'm not english educated and I always wonder which word fits better... so pick one and excuse me for that) : "For whom the [church] bell tolls ?" - courtesy from Metallica (the band).

Anyway... Hope the mezze will be fine.

"One fig leaf at a time - The Unraveling"

and all these things that we tie together
keep unraveling apart
and the light that used to burn so bright
now is dark

with anger-laced intent we set fire
to the bridges that remain
and they're wading thru the current now

drown in the flood of the tears
that have been wept
and i scream to the sky
"no, you are not alone...?"

if you think that your words will ever make a difference
think again and carry on
because the weight behind the hand that holds us is strong
but there is hope in the roar of a thousand pleading cries

the sound of their tongues being bitten
is all I hear
as we fire at the whites of their eyes,
dance on ashes of the world

as they drown in the flood of the tears
that have been wept
and their tongues being bitten
is all that I can hear
as I scream to the sky
"I need you now..."

can you feel this truth now unraveling?
or will you chase the burning sun
into the sea

Abou J

why....why...why...ok why?

1) Did he return all the displaced?
2) Did he bring back the church bells?
3) Did he come clean with the corruption at "sandou2 el mhajjarin"?
4) Did he apologize for attacking the Lebanese army in Souk el Gharb?
5) Did he acknowledge where the mass graves are?
6) What has he done in 2009 that is so different than the previous yrs other than begging Syria to become their poodle again?

How will FPM explain to its constituents (at least the one who use their brains) the rationale for this rapproachment?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
"One fig leaf at a time - The Unraveling"

keep unraveling apart
and the light that used to burn so bright
now is dark

with anger-laced intent we set fire
to the bridges that remain
and they're wading thru the current now

drown in the flood of the tears
that have been wept
and i scream to the sky
"no, you are not alone...?"

if you think that your words will ever make a difference
think again and carry on
because the weight behind the hand that holds us is strong
but there is hope in the roar of a thousand pleading cries

the sound of their tongues being bitten
is all I hear
as we fire at the whites of their eyes,
dance on ashes of the world

as they drown in the flood of the tears
that have been wept
and their tongues being bitten
is all that I can hear
as I scream to the sky
"I need you now..."

can you feel this truth now unraveling?
or will you chase the burning sun
into the sea

Ya latif! whoever reads this would think your LF party was wrning us about Joumblat all along, not actually allying themselves to him for the pa ermmm 4 years!!! lol wou fr a meeting saro fig leaves falling wou we are chasing the burning sun into the sea! ma 7abibe the sea amana, walla warana? i cant remember! i guess these lines are from thesame poem...!

Status
Not open for further replies.