Support Lebanon for Eurovision 2017 / 2018!

Would you support Lebanon's participation in EUROVISION?

• Total voters

spacecreature

Now that General Michel Aoun is president, and the winds of hopes are blowing once again in our weathered thorn up sails (u get the point lol) , how about we complete it with a big flashy step on the international level to announce we are officially back??!!

Please guys for the love of god, for those you are in the party and can possibly reach PMA, can you please support this wish???

Sure roads, trains, electricity, and water and maybe less corruption would be appreciated, but I would really like to see before I die Lebanon compete in and possibly win one of these contests! And I know I am not alone! I have a feeling if we enter we will win! We have Lebanese and Arab/Muslim voters in most of those countries and I am sure with some good lobbying we can make it. Lately they have even invited Australia! We also have a large community of expats there that would vote for us.

I know some people have reservations for political reasons, feel free to discuss it below. But if we are at war with Israel should we be punished by not entering in such a yearly widely celebrated event in all of Europe? Imagine the exposure we would get, it would be great on all levels, economically, for our pride, for the fun of it etc..

Background info: The ban on Lebanon was lifted a few years ago and we are welcome to join once more. We had refused to show the Israeli candidate on TV back then and that was the reason we got banned. But it is all cleared out now. We just need our officials to show some interest! TL which would officially broadcast it in Lebanon had shown sign of interest last year but not sure what happened..Enno with the internet and all, you can view as much Israelis as you want, we2fit 3ala hal show?!

Would you support Lebanon's participation in EUROVISION? PLZ VOTE!

Oh and feel free to suggest who you think should represent Lebanon. I vote for YASMINE HAMDAN :)

(note to moderators: it would be great if you could feature this thread to give it more exposure? thanks!)

• Advertisement
  • spacecreature

Guys one of our members here (sadek2010)

sent me this:

hi , the New Ukrainian ambassador in Lebanon is so active in all fields , if u are interested to present any ideas to the ambassador I can set a meeting to talk about this issue .

----------------------

So Plz guys hadan yhezz tizo and do something about it haha!! I know we can do it, and it will be great!

Impera

sent me this:

hi , the New Ukrainian ambassador in Lebanon is so active in all fields , if u are interested to present any ideas to the ambassador I can set a meeting to talk about this issue .

----------------------

So Plz guys hadan yhezz tizo and do something about it haha!! I know we can do it, and it will be great!
    Shou baddo yotla3 bi ido l Ukranian ambassador? Ba3den setting up a meeting with an ambassador to talk to him about a singing contest?

P.S: Hayde eza aslan Sadek is sadek :D

spacecreature

Shou baddo yotla3 bi ido l Ukranian ambassador? Ba3den setting up a meeting with an ambassador to talk to him about a singing contest?

P.S: Hayde eza aslan Sadek is sadek :D
    Ok then maybe not the Ukranian ambassador , but can't anyone in here who is a tayyar activist or at least has direct contacts with tayyar officials mention this plz to them??? Or Maybe someone from Tele Liban.

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

sent me this:

----------------------

خلي الاكرانية يشدو بخوازيقن بلاول

spacecreature

Hey @spacecreature What do you need exactly to make this happen. I did not understand how Tayyar/GMA can help.
    Ok now we have Melhem Riachy as minister of information so it should be straight forward. He just needs to encourage Tele Liban (who showed interest last year) to go ahead with the previous intentions and re-enroll Lebanon in this year's Eurovision. Maybe they needed a stronger political cover and with GMA and Melhem , this year should be no problem.

spacecreature

And will Lebanon withdraw like in 2005 when faced with Israelis?
    I think it will be different now...la2?? I mentioned "... the winds of hopes .. blowing once again in our weathered thorn up sails.." of our beautiful country, with the arrival of PMA to power! ;)
    Manar shows Israeli news everyday and comments on it in Arabic, Newtv makes reports from Israel/Palestine all the time, OTV also just made a reportage the other day about a Lebanese army officer in ISF being promoted or something..Plus we can all watch Israeli stuff on youtube etc, so it's kinda silly. I don't think that was a solid reason. We just need the right people to back it up and the right momentum , and this is the perfect time!

spacecreature

Anyone else watching eurovision????
    Once again we missed this golden opportunity to market Lebanon and be present in one of the most watched events in Europe :(