Support Samir Geagea for President. Make Lebanon Great Again.

As President, Samir Geagea shall:

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Does anyone realise that you are defending or attacking people on their actions in the 80s?
    Do you realise 1980 was 39years ago?
    Do you realise that lebanon is shit and a depressive nation that should legalise weed asap to combat depression or giveaway xanax days?
    We are still talking about the same people ****ing 39years later! Traitors, warlords, disapoitments, corruption, hunger, fear, pollution, bankrupty, militias, chaos, garbage, kessarat, wars,....39 years of this and you still want them!

You guys are freaking mental! enjoy it before it falls apart! Our politicians will be kings of nothing soon enough because of their incompetance ...let them have fun reigning on a fallen wasteland!

LForever

LForever

Does anyone realise that you are defending or attacking people on their actions in the 80s?
    Do you realise that lebanon is shit and a depressive nation that should legalise weed asap to combat depression or giveaway xanax days?
    We are still talking about the same people ****ing 39years later! Traitors, warlords, disapoitments, corruption, hunger, fear, pollution, bankrupty, militias, chaos, garbage, kessarat, wars,....39 years of this and you still want them!

You guys are freaking mental! enjoy it before it falls apart! Our politicians will be kings of nothing soon enough because of their incompetance ...let them have fun reigning on a fallen wasteland!
    Eh bas l ouwet achoutoune rabtit l khebez…min 30 seni!

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Christian community in general always need to blame someone. they want to blame LF for Taef and therefore blame them on the current situation we have. heiye kello product of the Taef agreement which isnt True.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Eh bas l ouwet achoutoune rabtit l khebez…min 30 seni!
    LF are a part of the 39 years of shit with a small break in the mid 90s to the mid 2000s ...they were a big player in destroying the country and being the warlords...they are included in my rant.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    LF are a part of the 39 years of shit with a small break in the mid 90s to the mid 2000s ...they were a big player in destroying the country and being the warlords...they are included in my rant.
    Please make sure you take the time to specify that LF is included :) it is important :)

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @walidos there is one bottom line out of the outcome of October 13 events. The Christian community lost the war, and their position and influence in the state was ferociously fought by the Syrians and their lackeys. The details do not matter to anyone (besides maybe those who lived that era). That is the position the Christians found themselves in. It was not until 2005 that they regained some of that influence. But thanks to Hizbullah and their FPM cover, all that is simply ornamental. Christians have no real power in the State, and everyone is subservient to Hizbullah's regional interests. You think events 30 years ago are more important than contemporary events, but they're not. If no one from the Lebanese war is going to prison, then neither is Geagea -- who has already spent 11 years in prison, the only one to be punished for Lebanese war actions. But ahead of Lebanon is a cancer to be dealt with, and that cancer is Hizbullah. Keep hating Geagea though, it's not like he gives a shit. Ya'll are a dying breed anyways. And when you, Aoun, AND Geagea die, the LF will remain as an organized political party because 1) they are the soul of the Christian community and its history of struggle and resistance and 2) they are not tied to one person or family. Cheers.
    I agree the present/future are more important than the past, but to face them united we must reconcile our past. The choices that were made then are sadly being made again because we didn’t reconcile our past and learn from it. I lived in that era as you say, so I am very clear on what we lived, how we lived it and the outcome, that’s why I take offense when this history is defaced and people state with extreme arrogance some blatant lies about it... After geagea, I wish both LF and FPM the same: a responsible leadership that can reconcile the past and unite on the basic important matters, something they have miserably failed to do thus far.
    As for HA being a cancer, i find they have many good points as well as many bad ones. I disagree about FPM being subservient to them, and we can agree to disagree here. As I have stated several times on the forum, I support plans/laws/projects, not parties or people. So you will find me defending the electricity plan and attacking the salary scale for example, both supported by FPM. I supported the actions of the LF minister of labour these past weeks and criticised the position of LF with Regards to the ministry of displaced plan. I really don’t care for a party in particular, nor do I follow a person. I have my own view of each issue and support whomever supports that view, and vote for whoever supports the most of those views or the most important ones.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I agree the present/future are more important than the past, but to face them united we must reconcile our past. The choices that were made then are sadly being made again because we didn’t reconcile our past and learn from it. I lived in that era as you say, so I am very clear on what we lived, how we lived it and the outcome, that’s why I take offense when this history is defaced and people state with extreme arrogance some blatant lies about it... After geagea, I wish both LF and FPM the same: a responsible leadership that can reconcile the past and unite on the basic important matters, something they have miserably failed to do thus far.
    As for HA being a cancer, i find they have many good points as well as many bad ones. I disagree about FPM being subservient to them, and we can agree to disagree here. As I have stated several times on the forum, I support plans/laws/projects, not parties or people. So you will find me defending the electricity plan and attacking the salary scale for example, both supported by FPM. I supported the actions of the LF minister of labour these past weeks and criticised the position of LF with Regards to the ministry of displaced plan. I really don’t care for a party in particular, nor do I follow a person. I have my own view of each issue and support whomever supports that view, and vote for whoever supports the most of those views or the most important ones.
    net net it was under FPM leadership that this happened to the Christians in Lebanon during that time, so FPM bears the lion share of responsibility. I forgave FPM long ago about that, but I still have not forgiven them for selling out on all their professed principles in 2005. HA usurps the country's sovereignty cancer or no cancer, it does not matter for this is of paramount importance, it needs to relinquish all weapons outside the context of the state, and become a political party.

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    net net it was under FPM leadership that this happened to the Christians in Lebanon during that time, so FPM bears the lion share of responsibility. I forgave FPM long ago about that, but I still have not forgiven them for selling out on all their professed principles in 2005. HA usurps the country's sovereignty cancer or no cancer, it does not matter for this is of paramount importance, it needs to relinquish all weapons outside the context of the state, and become a political party.
    we disagree on this.First your beef is with FPm and not HA,this is clearbecause now you are posting pictures of Chanel Roukoz, videos of Ramzi Kanj, and these people have no issues with HA, their issueis with Bassil... fa stop the hypocrisy please.
    now on the question of HA, we agree on the what, but disagree on the how and when. i would like some clear guarantees of Israel kept at bay, no drones or planes I. Our airspace, demarcation Of the land and maritime borders, guaranteeof our gas fields in the Mediterranean, our right to use our water as we need to...! I am not willing to relinquish my only bargaining chip for nothing. I want them to disarm eventually, but not for free.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    For those who are saying that because of Aoun wars, they were forced to sign the taef accord.

Taef accord was signed on 22 October 1989.
    ilgha2 war started by the end of February 1990.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    For those who are saying that because of Aoun wars, they were forced to sign the taef accord.

Taef accord was signed on 22 October 1989.
    ilgha2 war started by the end of February 1990.
    All of that happened under FPM leadership of Lebanon in that era.
    But I forgave FPM for this long ago...

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    Other people who lived that era have a different reading of the events, and their readings like yours are influenced by what and who they supported at the time. Like you think they need to reconcile with their past, you also need to reconcile with yours. As @The_FPMer argued earlier, even if (for sake of argument) Aoun was ideologically right, his wars cost the Christian community its independence -- because the Christians had no more external support and yet he decided it was proper time to start two wars, one targeting his internal foes and the other targeting his external ones.

The LF is and always was bigger than Geagea's person and I've seem many FPMers denying the persecution of LFers since (at least) 1992 but really it all started after Oct. 13, 1990, up until 2005 -- just because of the view they hold about the period between 1988-1990.

As far as Hizbullah goes, as long as they carry weapons and serve Iranian interests, no one in Lebanon should be giving them any political cover for any reason. You can't build a state when you have an entity that is stronger than it on the inside. FPMers like to criticize Berri, but who do you think props him up? Hizbullah. Berri's thugs are weaker than the Lebanese Army and ISF. But Hizbullah will never let the State mess with Shia unity by targeting corrupt Berri and let's face it -- Hizbullah profits just as much from this corruption.

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

As bad as it might sound, I’d rather see one of the Gemayel kids running no matter how stupid they might be so long they don’t have criminal records. And what’s wrong with Tracy Chamoun as female candidate if Lebanon wants to enhance its image to the world. Do we really need a criminal up there? I have no doubt President @joseph_lubnan or even @Viral ;)can make a better choice.
    1 - LEBANON WANTS TO EAT BEFORE ENHANCING HIS IMAGE TO THE ****ING WORLD !! BECAUSE GUESS WHAT !! THE ****ING WORLD DOESN'T REALLY CARE !!
    2 - CHRISTIANS SHOULD GET THE **** OUT OF THE ****ING PAST !! PERIOD !! GET OUT OF THE PAST !!
    ONE OF MY FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK SARLO 2 DAYS 3AM BI NIKNEH BI 13 TESHREEN !! ... FOR THIS REASON I DON'T DO FACEBOOK ANYMORE !!
    LEBANESE FACEBOOKS ARE PARANOID !!
    3 - YOU ****S !! THEN YOU DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH NUMBERS TO FIGHT A CIVIL WAR AND NOW YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH AT ALL

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Other people who lived that era have a different reading of the events, and their readings like yours are influenced by what and who they supported at the time. Like you think they need to reconcile with their past, you also need to reconcile with yours. As @The_FPMer argued earlier, even if (for sake of argument) Aoun was ideologically right, his wars cost the Christian community its independence -- because the Christians had no more external support and yet he decided it was proper time to start two wars, one targeting his internal foes and the other targeting his external ones.

The LF is and always was bigger than Geagea's person and I've seem many FPMers denying the persecution of LFers since (at least) 1992 but really it all started after Oct. 13, 1990, up until 2005 -- just because of the view they hold about the period between 1988-1990.

As far as Hizbullah goes, as long as they carry weapons and serve Iranian interests, no one in Lebanon should be giving them any political cover for any reason. You can't build a state when you have an entity that is stronger than it on the inside. FPMers like to criticize Berri, but who do you think props him up? Hizbullah. Berri's thugs are weaker than the Lebanese Army and ISF. But Hizbullah will never let the State mess with Shia unity by targeting corrupt Berri and let's face it -- Hizbullah profits just as much from this corruption.
    The crucial difference between the early and the late 80s, is that in the former the Syrians were present in the Christian areas whereas in the latter they were out of it. They tried to enter through Elie Hobeika in 1986, but his attack was foiled and he ran away to Zahle.

V

Viral

If I understand you correctly, you want to forget Lebanon’s painful history.
    Who doesn’t?
    But how can we forget such a horrible history that half of Lebanon’s adults today have lived and the LF insist on keeping it vivid in our memories by offering their unforgettable notorious chief criminal in person to run for future President?

I for one would love for the LF to offer a viable candidate because they do represent part of the Lebanese society but someone needs to give them a good advice: Find a fresh face that has no blood on his/her hands so we can take you seriously.

They want us to forgive and forget but how/what can we forgive and forget when Geagea never repented let alone admitting any wrong doings.
    When the LF talk about uniting the Christians and their Zionist tolls support the idea, all they’re trying to do is dividing Lebanon. Well intended citizens must talk only about uniting all Lebanese not just one Lebanese sect against another.

When/if they ever rise to such level of honestly and patriotism, then they’ll have a shot at winning the Presidency.