Syrian occupation or brotherly presence

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
i was thinking today about it .. the crimes of syrian regime in lebanon are numbered . the effect of this fascist style occupation to lebanon still evident in many aspect of lebanese cultural and political life ..
my question is , can the lebanese people overcome this dark period of its history in its way to built its national identity and political culture ..
are lebanese to agree to name it OCCUPATION = ? and are lebanese aware of the meaning of occupation ?

i can talk about the crimes comitted by this fascist regimes against the lebanese leftist.. from kamal junblat till george hawi.. just because they didnt accept its presence in lebanon from the begining they didnt accept their occupation agenda , unlike the other lebanese parties like amal , hizbala.
unfortunately many were killed by the syrians and their auxiliaries , and some were innocent civilians.

what is happening in syria now , is kind of predictable , due to the violent nature of this backward regime .

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • D

Death To Google

i was thinking today about it .. the crimes of syrian regime in lebanon are numbered . the effect of this fascist style occupation to lebanon still evident in many aspect of lebanese cultural and political life ..
    my question is , can the lebanese people overcome this dark period of its history in its way to built its national identity and political culture ..
    are lebanese to agree to name it OCCUPATION = ? and are lebanese aware of the meaning of occupation ?
    These days are over. In regime areas now Lebanese treated better than Syrians. In fact we should be careful not to mistreat them (this happens on occasion and hopefully never).

If you mean Syrian presence in Lebanon in the past, Lebanese were split about it obviously.

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    thats popped out to my mind after reading that hizballa want to candidate jamil el sayed.. i remember this asshole well .

D

Death To Google

Yeah I get where you coming from, but he was part of a regime now dismantled, even if he is MP what is he gonna do.

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    so do nasrallah still consider it a brotherly presence?

gramsci

gramsci

Legendary Member
    in syria many of those who had an active role in this occupation died : ghazi kanaan , rustom ghazale , dunno who else...

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No to anyone from the Syrian occupation era in our current government. Nasrallah can find someone else.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Occupation. But as President Aoun once said, Syria in Syria is brotherly nation.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Occupation. But as President Aoun once said, Syria in Syria is brotherly nation.
    Bala brotherly bala batikh.... occupation w bitdal occupation..let them go figure out their own country

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Occupation. (a poll would be interesting)

It was a military occupation for some, and a brotherly presence for others.

It was a military occupation, now it is a "civilian" occupation.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

In other words, even if in the future they decide to unify the history book and say it was a "brotherly presence", i will still tell my children to teach their children that it was an occupation.

Unfortunately, lying to each other's face in the name of national unity.

It is like an arranged marriage.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    The problem is that Syria thinks Lebanon is an extension of their country and Assad senior use to refuse to open an embassy and acknowledge separation .

D

Death To Google

In other words, even if in the future they decide to unify the history book and say it was a "brotherly presence", i will still tell my children to teach their children that it was an occupation.
    What if they decide to say the Lebanese were split about it, without adopting either narrative ?
    Is that good enough for your grandchildren, or, will you teach them it was an occupation and those who say otherwise aren't Lebanese? :)

Lebanon_not_Arabic

Lebanon_not_Arabic

What if they decide to say the Lebanese were split about it, without adopting either narrative ?
    This is what will be written in our future common history book. Nice scenario for national unity.

Is that good enough for your grandchildren, or, will you teach them it was an occupation and those who say otherwise aren't Lebanese? :)
    I will tell them it was an occupation and those who said otherwise were Lebanese who supported and benefited from the occupation and called it "brotherly presence".

D

Death To Google

This is what will be written in our future common history book. Nice scenario for national unity.
    Will it now? That would be great, and it is good for national unity if looking forward.

I will tell them it was an occupation and those who said otherwise were Lebanese who supported and benefited from the occupation and called it "brotherly presence".
    No reason to perpetuate vendetta across generations, but this is an improvement conceding they are Lebanese :)

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Contrary to current FPM believes it was and will always be an occupation.

TheMaronite

TheMaronite

Those who believed it was an occupation like Ziad Abs, Nadim Lteif, etc. are no longer FPM.

FPM is now a neo 7ezb awmeh full of ppl like Bou Sa3b