Technically: can Russia shoot down an Israeli jet?

Mozz

Hello

I was wondering if Russian air defenses can really shoot down Israeli jets, i meant technically not politically.

I see all these strikes on Syrian targets from Israel and Russia is not doing anything about it.

So where is the problem from? is it political? or is it just that Russian air defense cannot shoot those Israeli jets down?

• Advertisement
  • Dirty Dragon

They can. Definitely political. But more like not worth the trouble.... I think the anti air deployment in Syria was to signal that Russia is serious taking Assad regime as a protectorate... they will not escalate over "minor" violations, only if their protectorate regime is under serious threat.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Russian defence minister was in tel aviv a week ago , why would russia be shooting down israeli jets ?

LVV

Us stealth plane was downed by Serbia with old Sam
    So Russia which is 1000 more powerful can shoot Israeli plane who are less developed than US

Hello

I was wondering if Russian air defenses can really shoot down Israeli jets, i meant technically not politically.

I see all these strikes on Syrian targets from Israel and Russia is not doing anything about it.

So where is the problem from? is it political? or is it just that Russian air defense cannot shoot those Israeli jets down?
    Technically yes. but this will never happen even if Israel launches a massive attack against Syria.
    the main engineer of the Russian SAM systems is a jew

Dirty Dragon

Technically yes. but this will never happen even if Israel launches a massive attack against Syria.
    the main engineer of the Russian SAM systems is a jew
    It will never happen because Israel will never launch a massive attack against Syria.
    But I'm curious who is this ultimate engineer ?

It will never happen because Israel will never launch a massive attack against Syria.
    But I'm curious who is this ultimate engineer ?
    Israel doesn't need to. the Syria as you know it, is long gone. it will be divided. Bashar has no say in this.
    as for the engineer. I forgot his name. I saw many documentaries a long time ago about the history of russian defense systems. search on youtube, he might appear in one of them. but since that day .. I knew the talk about downing israelie jets is batata
    in the Soviet union there was always a main engineer or head or ultimate as you like to call him.
    SU-27 and its variants. have israelie equipements inside them as well as german. Sukhoi is a multi-national (international) company now.

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Israel doesn't need to. the Syria as you know it, is long gone. it will be divided. Bashar has no say in this.
    as for the engineer. I forgot his name. I saw many documentaries a long time ago about the history of russian defense systems. search on youtube, he might appear in one of them. but since that day .. I knew the talk about downing israelie jets is batata
    in the Soviet union there was always a main engineer or head or ultimate as you like to call him.
    SU-27 and its variants. have israelie equipements inside them as well as german. Sukhoi is a multi-national (international) company now.
    you mean russia cant build its own planes without help !!:O:O:O @LVV

LVV

Yes yes you forgot
    He he sure sure
    Sukhoi is 100 percent owned by Russian state

LVV

To clarify US is the first Air Force in the world followed by Russia
    US has 2500 fighters against 1700 to Russia
    Russian air defense is the best in the world
    Russian bombers nuclear and tactical are the best
    If Su35 might be the best plane in the world Russia has only 60 of these planes

you mean russia cant build its own planes without help !!:O:O:O @LVV
    a modern plane ? yes. the fall of the soviet union and the rise of the oligarchs have thrown russia backwards more than you can imagine. Russia cannot act of its own will with consenting with others. but they won't tell this to a thrid world country. ma la7 yes2alo khatrak .. however they can't screw with NATO ... their modernity depends a lot of alliance with some NATO countries.