The 2 faces of the Free Patriotic Movement

If you're FPM, are you with or against Hizballa

• I support FPM, however i'm against the MOU and HA Policy both internal and external

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I support FPM, however i'm against HA foreign policy

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I support FPM, however i'm against HA possession of arms

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I support FPM and HA

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • i don't support FPM so my opinion is irrelevant to this poll

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
For how long this Masquerade is going to continue ? We cannot conceal the obvious any longer...
we keep getting reminded by FPM's leadership that the relationship with HA is still solid and persistent.
However reality proves otherwise,
There's a huge split in opinion within the ranks and base of FPM.

There are FPMers that hate HA and others that don't, in fact lots of FPMers express their 'love' and 'admiration' to SHN and HA which is laughable at best ?
Seriously ?

For example:
Dr. Naji Emile Hayek (عضو المجلس السياسي بالتيار الوطني الحر)
1549903813633.png

https://www.facebook.com/najihayek
whose opinion is strongly Anti-HA and made it clear in his posts on Social media

FPM releases a statement today stating the following:

FPM has total right to state that Dr Naji's opinion represents his own and not of his party
however denying his party membership is...disgusting???!

How long are we going to hide behind our fingers ?

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Dr. Naji was not reelected to the position again.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Dr. Naji was not reelected to the position again.
    The problem is much bigger than just Dr Naji
    you cannot deny the split of opinion when it comes to this specific and important subject.

the closer FPM gets from HA the more this split is becoming noticeable and obvious.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    The problem is much bigger than just Dr Naji
    you cannot deny the split of opinion when it comes to this specific and important subject.

the closer FPM gets from HA the more this split is becoming noticeable and obvious.
    High time for internal elections dont u think? ;)

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    High time for internal elections dont u think? ;)
    i doubt Bassil will lose internal elections at this point.

however, i'll assume the worst,
    so.. in case Bassil loses,
    Internal elections will split the party instantly
    i think it's better the way it is right now.

Bassil is very ambiguous when it comes to the HA question
    on one hand he releases Pro-HA statements
    on the other hand, Bassil publicly while speaking to HA's faces releases statements acknowledging Israel's right for its security, and made it very clear FPM has different opinions and disagrees with HA on lots of subjects.

He's lurking right in the middle, playing smart.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

For how long this Masquerade is going to continue ? We cannot conceal the obvious any longer...
    we keep getting reminded by FPM's leadership that the relationship with HA is still solid and persistent.
    However reality proves otherwise,
    There's a huge split in opinion within the ranks and base of FPM.

There are FPMers that hate HA and others that don't, in fact lots of FPMers express their 'love' and 'admiration' to SHN and HA which is laughable at best ?
    Seriously ?

For example:
    Dr. Naji Emile Hayek (عضو المجلس السياسي بالتيار الوطني الحر)
    View attachment 11793

https://www.facebook.com/najihayek
    whose opinion is strongly Anti-HA and made it clear in his posts on Social media

FPM releases a statement today stating the following:

FPM has total right to state that Dr Naji's opinion represents his own and not of his party
    however denying his party membership is...disgusting???!

How long are we going to hide behind our fingers ?
    They didn't deny his party membership, they just said he does not hold a position in the party. But I do agree that there needs to be more coordination regarding specific topics.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    i doubt Bassil will lose internal elections at this point.

however, i'll assume the worst,
    so.. in case Bassil loses,
    Internal elections will split the party instantly
    i think it's better the way it is right now.

Bassil is very ambiguous when it comes to the HA question
    on one hand he releases Pro-HA statements
    on the other hand, Bassil publicly while speaking to HA's faces releases statements acknowledging Israel's right for its security, and made it very clear FPM has different opinions and disagrees with HA on lots of subjects.

He's lurking right in the middle, playing smart.
    Duality means imbalance, and imbalance means things cannot keep going as is, lest the structure crumbles.

FPM should do elections and establish clear bulletpoints. If duality is the chosen path, at least make it clear for everyone

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Duality means imbalance, and imbalance means things cannot keep going as is, lest the structure crumbles.

FPM should do elections and establish clear bulletpoints. If duality is the chosen path, at least make it clear for everyone
    by all means..
    that's the point of this thread
    However, it seems there's lots at stake here... (i'm just trying to understand FPM's stance and statements whitewashing HA)

people aren't stupid
    this fake alliance with HA, is nothing but a house of cards and will fall on everyone's head sooner or later.

IMO,
    No Christian FPMer can in his sane mind accept FPM's discourse when it comes to HA.
    just a personal opinion...

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am fine with the duality: FPM as far as I know is not a dictatorship... some people will have different opinions and have every right to express said opinions.

Also, the members of FPM who are against HA and the MOU need to elect people who are against HA and the MOU - period. Once there is a leadership structure, debates happen and the leadership adopts a position which is the position of the party... you may not like it, tough shit.

Mish kil wa7ad who has a different opinion leaves or is kicked out, wou mish ma3neta inno if you have a different opinion you are right or everybody thinks like you.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

HA is a red line right now. We are in 3ahd's first government and we need HA on our side to help us fight corruption and introduce new modern laws. Any conflict between FPM and HA will be exploited by the other players who have been ruling since the 90s.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I am fine with the duality: FPM as far as I know is not a dictatorship... some people will have different opinions and have every right to express said opinions.

Also, the members of FPM who are against HA and the MOU need to elect people who are against HA and the MOU - period. Once there is a leadership structure, debates happen and the leadership adopts a position which is the position of the party... you may not like it, tough shit.

Mish kil wa7ad who has a different opinion leaves or is kicked out, wou mish ma3neta inno if you have a different opinion you are right or everybody thinks like you.
    are you talking to me ?

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    well you used multiple 'you' in your post
    so i was just wondering..
    I think those yous are like "on" in french, indéfini quand il évoque l'homme en général :p

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I replied to the thread title... do you disagree with my thoughts?
    Yes..
    i'm against the duality in FPM's statements
    the Party needs to take one clear and precise opinion especially in regards to HA.
    our -official- statements and opinions are too ambiguous.

however if you mean duality as split of opinion at the base/ranks level, then this is normal of course...
    and encouraged.

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes..
    i'm against the duality in FPM's statements
    the Party needs to take one clear and precise opinion especially in regards to HA.
    our -official- statements and opinions are too ambiguous.

however if you mean duality as split of opinion at the base/ranks level, then this is normal of course...
    and encouraged.
    FPM’s stance, the official party lines, are crystal clear... what is ambiguous about them?

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    FPM’s stance, the official party lines, are crystal clear... what is ambiguous about them?
    few days ago...
    'HA needs to understand that FPM is a different party and has it's own opinion on lots of subjects' etc etc
    Today, FPM releases a statement to denounce and deny any connection with Dr Naji el Hayek because he opposes HA
    did they really have to release such statement ?

what happened ?
    we are a different entity yes...
    FPMers can be against HA, their weapons and policies yes...

now i ask you
    what is FPM's stance towards HA
    please enlighten me

mikeys71

mikeys71

few days ago...
    'HA needs to understand that FPM is a different party and has it's own opinion on lots of subjects' etc etc
    Today, FPM releases a statement to denounce and deny any connection with Dr Naji el Hayek because he opposes HA
    did they really have to release such statement ?

what happened ?
    we are a different entity yes...
    FPMers can be against HA, their weapons and policies yes...

now i ask you
    what is FPM's stance towards HA
    please enlighten me
    HA is the oxygen that keeps FPM leaders going if they piss HA they will cease to exist. Slaves can't oppose or stand up to their masters.