Israel The Arab-Israeli conflict: Is Israel the victim?

Who is the real culprit in the Arab-Israeli conflict:

• Israel

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Arab countries, for refusing to adopt the UN's partition plan

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • The British mandate's policies

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Arabs often claim that Israel is an occupying force, a colonial project. But a look at the conflict's timeline paints a different story.
Ever since Israel was established, its neighbors have sworn to destroy the little Jewish state.
It is Arabs, including Lebanon, who initiated the hostilities when they declared war on Israel in 1948.
Many people question the morality a Jewish state, yet they seem oblivious to the fact that in every Muslim-majority country, Jewish and religious minorities are harassed and oppressed.

In 1947, the United Nations proposed a plan to partition Palestine into two sections: an independent Jewish state and an independent Arab state, with Jerusalem as internationalized territory. Jewish leaders accepted the plan, but many Palestinian Arabs vehemently opposed it.
Where are we now? Back to square one. In an irony of history, Arabs are demanding a two-state country. If Palestinians were as willing to accept the two-state solution in 1948 as they are now, wouldn't we have spared 70 years of bloodshed?

Which brings me to the question: Have we been brainwashed by the media all these years to think Israel is the culprit, when in fact it's the victim?
Yes, their response to rocket attacks can be disproportionate, their treatment of Palestinians can be heavy-handed, but is it really their fault that Arab countries can't fathom the idea of a neighboring Jewish state?

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Typo: I meant to say "Arabs are demanding a two-state solution"

Moderators?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    @AtheistForJesus the amateurism with which you treat this issue is impressive, stop reading stuff on 9gag m8

Now what do you want to fix in your paragraph?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @AtheistForJesus the amateurism with which you treat this issue is impressive, stop reading stuff on 9gag m8

Now what do you want to fix in your paragraph?
    Amateurism? Can you deny the fact that the conflict started because Arabs rejected the UN two-state partition plan?
    And isn't it ironic that after having lost all their wars against Israel, they're now willing to accept a two-state solution?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Zionist colonialism has always been about using force to peddle the idea and force a de facto jewish state.

4CB9829F-6B54-4E92-9018-0EB7720BFCFA.jpeg

Legitimization through power and stamina until the people who liv there give up

6DE3D603-C130-40E4-A6F0-FA1867E65055.jpeg

Plz read a bit next time

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Zionist colonialism has always been about using force to peddle the idea and force a de facto jewish state.

View attachment 13195

Legitimization through power and stamina until the people who liv there give up

View attachment 13196

Plz read a bit next time

Who said I oppose the idea of a Jewish state? Lebanon was conceived as a haven for religious minorities, mainly Maronites and Druze.
    Why can't Jews have their homeland, too? Do you honestly think they would prosper in Arab countries?

If you accept the idea of a Greater Lebanon (which by the way was established by annexing parts of Syria), it's hypocritical not to accept the idea of a Jewish state.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Amateurism? Can you deny the fact that the conflict started because Arabs rejected the UN two-state partition plan?
    And isn't it ironic that after having lost all their wars against Israel, they're now willing to accept a two-state solution?
    Why did they refuse the agreement?
    Can you find a clue?

AD1B7828-F724-4B94-9992-581D550EF872.jpeg

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Who said I oppose the idea of a Jewish state? Lebanon was conceived as a haven for religious minorities, mainly Maronites and Druze.
    Why can't Jews have their homeland, too? Do you honestly think they would prosper in Arab countries?

If you accept the idea of a Greater Lebanon (which by the way was established by annexing parts of Syria), it's hypocritical not to accept the idea of a Jewish state.
    As far as i know the druze and maronites weren't imported in the late 19th century to mount lebanon.

Next

zero

zero

the zionist plan was and still is to expand their borders, no matter what the UN plan was

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    As far as i know the druze and maronites weren't imported in the late 19th century to mount lebanon.

Next
    Israel has always been the spiritual homeland of the Jews.
    It doesn't matter how many Jews migrated to Israel. It's their homeland and they're entitled to it.
    In a region ruled not by democracy but the tyranny of Islam, there's no way Jews and Islam can peacefully coexist in one state, and there's no way you can take what's rightfully yours except by force.

Rome controls the Vatican. Saudi Arabia controls Meccah.
    Jerusalm belongs to no one but the Jews.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the zionist plan was and still is to expand their borders, no matter what the UN plan was
    Not true. Their plan has always been to "safeguard" their borders. Their relations with Jordan and Egypt post the peace agreement have been nothing but cordial, and I think if it weren't for the PLO and Hizbullah, Lebanon and Israel would have signed a peace agreement a long time ago.

zero

zero

Not true. Their plan has always been to "safeguard" their borders. Their relations with Jordan and Egypt post the peace agreement have been nothing but cordial, and I think if it weren't for the PLO and Hizbullah, Lebanon and Israel would have signed a peace agreement a long time ago.
    theyre not going to expand their borders into Jordan and Egypt yet, when they havent finished with the West Bank.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Iron Maiden, @SeaAb my poll didn't show up for some reason.

Who is the real culprit in the Arab-Israeli conflict:
    • Israel
    • Arab countries, for refusing to adopt the UN's partition plan
    • The British mandate's policies

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Kermel hal 6% el zyedeh? 56% sounds fair to me.
    There are 22 Arab states, only 1 Jewish state.
    Should i come to your house and claim part of it because my metal god sent me scriptures in song lyrics and told me i should get 56% of your house?

Eza eh ftahle el beb ?

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Even before 1947, the jarabs were refusing every proposal. They even rejected the Peel commission plan in 1937:

^^shouf hal microscopic dawleh, I honestly don't know what's crazier, the fact that the Jews accepted or the fact that the Arabs refused?

Either way, the jarabs never wanted peace, they were killing the Juice already in the 1800s and the 1920s and the 1930s. Besides, look at Cyprus, that's what "7al ed dawlateyn" really looks like, it never was a solution.

If that were true, Israel would still be bil Sina2 wal jnawb w3'azzeh wa wa wa....

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Israel has always been the spiritual homeland of the Jews.
    It doesn't matter how many Jews migrated to Israel. It's their homeland and they're entitled to it.
    In a region ruled not by democracy but the tyranny of Islam, there's no way Jews and Islam can peacefully coexist in one state, and there's no way you can take what's rightfully yours except by force.

Rome controls the Vatican. Saudi Arabia controls Meccah.
    Jerusalm belongs to no one but the Jews.
    The canaanite gods were there before yahwe claimed the land as his own for his people.

Maybe the canaanites have a more credible claim for jerusalem.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lah lah lah
    Even before 1947, the jarabs were refusing every proposal. They even rejected the Peel commission plan in 1937:

^^shouf hal microscopic dawleh, I honestly don't know what's crazier, the fact that the Jews accepted or the fact that the Arabs rejected?

Either way, the jarabs never wanted peace, they were killing the Juice already in the 1800s and the 1920s and the 1930s. Besides, look at Cyprus, that's what "7al ed dawlateyn" really looks like, it never was a solution.

If that were true, Israel would still be bil Sinai wel jnawb w3'azzeh wa wa wa....
    lah lah lah arab people refused to lose their land because the royal family owed money to zionist magnates?? And they refused the peel proposal!!?! Zomg!

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The canaanite gods were there before yahwe claimed the land as his own for his people.

Maybe the canaanites have a more credible claim for jerusalem.
    Do you agree that Jews deserve a safe homeland after having witnessed the horrors of WWII and Arab discrimination? Which place sounds like the natural homeland for Jews?
    Hint: it's a place that was invaded by Muslims in the 7th century.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Should i come to your house and claim part of it because my metal god sent me scriptures in song lyrics and told me i should get 56% of your house?

Eza eh ftahle el beb ?
    Considering Jews were forced out of Arab countries, I would say they are entitled to more than 56%.