The Armenian Passport

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
i already know two armenian friends who are applying for the armenian passport. it seems it's an easy procedure i think just a birth certificate and short stay in armenia.

any forum member has done it? would you consider doing it? why and what are the benefits?

• Advertisement
  • Nadnoud

my friend went to Armenia a couple of weeks ago (for the first time), got his passport, and came back after one week, mainly it is for the reason mentioned above and the visa complications we face with our lebanese passport wherever we go.

Fakhr eddine 1618

my friend went to Armenia a couple of weeks ago (for the first time), got his passport, and came back after one week, mainly it is for the reason mentioned above and the visa complications we face with our lebanese passport wherever we go.
    You don't need to go to armenia anymore, they exempted Lebanon and Syria because of security situation

So a lebanese Armenian can get his armenian passport by a simple application and a certificate from Moukhtar

LebArmenian

The whole thing costs 1500$ but what's the point?
    You're a canadian so it ont make a difference for u,
    But for the rest of us it would, with the Armenian passport u will no longer be humiliated in embassies or airports, u can get to many countries without a visa, u can even go to UAE without a visa!

Everyone is applyng now, mainly bcz of the uncertain security situation in the area, the process takes 5-6 months, and ull take the passport from Lebanon,

And costs much less then 1500$

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    But for the rest of us it would, with the Armenian passport u will no longer be humiliated in embassies or airports, u can get to many countries without a visa, u can even go to UAE without a visa!

Everyone is applyng now, mainly bcz of the uncertain security situation in the area, the process takes 5-6 months, and ull take the passport from Lebanon,

Actually first thing they look at in a passport is where you are born and if it is written Lebanon on an Armenian passport the guy might not grant you a visa even if you are in the country's airport and then you have to fly back. A passport even a visa are not a garantee for entering a country, but I agree that if you don't have to live there or serve in the army there is no harm in getting it but I also see no major pluses.

LebArmenian

Georgia, maybe its European, but Armenia is not within the borders of 'Europe', I doubt they would allow it in the EU, its too close to Russia..
    do you have a map ?????????????????????????????????

it goes like this, from south to north, Armenia THEN georgia and THEN Russia

LebArmenian

Actually first thing they look at in a passport is where you are born and if it is written Lebanon on an Armenian passport the guy might not grant you a visa even if you are in the country's airport and then you have to fly back. A passport even a visa are not a garantee for entering a country, but I agree that if you don't have to live there or serve in the army there is no harm in getting it but I also see no major pluses.
    well i'm talking from personal experience.... with the Armenian passport, my friends here in Lebanon are visiting UAE without any visa and whenever they want.... same for china, many businessmen are using that passport to get into China without a visa and get their businesses cleared in easier steps then for Lebanese.. and same goes for EU, my cousin frequently goes to EU countries and all he has to do is put the passport and pick it up in 3 days with the visa in it and not have to bring lots of papers and wait 3 weeks with the Lebanese passport...... so it does have many pluses...

the Army issue, when u pass 27 yrs old and u apply for the passport then u dnt have to worry abt the army...

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    Whenever you want to do something, you weigh out the negative and the positive. If the positive is more than the negative, you go for it. Where's the negative in having an Armenian passport?

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    Whenever you want to do something, you weigh out the negative and the positive. If the positive is more than the negative, you go for it. Where's the negative in having an Armenian passport?
    Your children will have to do Military service...

do you have a map ?????????????????????????????????

it goes like this, from south to north, Armenia THEN georgia and THEN Russia
    I meant politically not geographically close.

But even geographically it is not in Europe, although if you like you can call it 'eurasian'

LebArmenian

Good one! :D I didn't know that....
    no they do not have to do it , i asked the ambassador :)

it doesnt work like this, when you get the passport it doesnt mean that your wife or children will automatically get it, each has to apply on their own.

when i get it in 5 months, my wife would apply based that her husband ( me ) is Armenian and that way she'll get..

and later for the kids when they pass the 27 yrs they can apply on their own. :)

so chill Danny and Dalzi , your kids will not have to do it, apply for it if you feel that you are part of that country :)) ( this goes for Danny )

LebArmenian

I meant politically not geographically close.

But even geographically it is not in Europe, although if you like you can call it 'eurasian'
    nowadays nothing is geographical, Armenia is in eurasia, true, but Israel is in Asia and yet part of the EU in many matters, same goes for Armenia, they are already part of many EU commissions... but i dont think its wise for them to be part of the EU.

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    no they do not have to do it , i asked the ambassador :)

it doesnt work like this, when you get the passport it doesnt mean that your wife or children will automatically get it, each has to apply on their own.

when i get it in 5 months, my wife would apply based that her husband ( me ) is Armenian and that way she'll get..

and later for the kids when they pass the 27 yrs they can apply on their own. :)

so chill Danny and Dalzi , your kids will not have to do it, apply for it if you feel that you are part of that country :)) ( this goes for Danny )
    What about a man who's married to an Armenian woman with a passport? Can he get it? If there's no military service, then why not have it? The more passports the merrier :biggrin:

LebArmenian

What about a man who's married to an Armenian woman with a passport? Can he get it? If there's no military service, then why not have it? The more passports the merrier :biggrin:

Danny is Armenian!

yup , a man who is married to an Armenian lady can get the passport, actually i was talking to a friend of mine 5 minutes ago, she applied to the passport and in 5 months when she gets it, her husband would apply too !

do i need a Lebanese passport to get my Armenian passport or my id is enough?