• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The best treatment for alcoholism

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The post was absolutely correct, to help alleviate anger and anxiety issues, marijuana is a great step in the right direction.

No, it's not. It can end up making him more anxious. And if marijuana is not legalized in his area, he could end up in trouble. I can't believe you guys are proposing this as a solution.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
The post was absolutely correct, to help alleviate anger and anxiety issues, marijuana is a great step in the right direction.

OP said alcoholism is related to anger issues, as per usual, so why no teach the man how to get over his behavioral problem via a CBD injection. Not all marijuana derivatives contain THC and many are prescribed by psychs.

So the ball's inur court

the trouble is that you guys no longer have any obvious norms for rational arguments. and no marijuana is not the magical answer to everything, and even if marijuana is legalized it does not mean it is the solution to all problems as some people advertise. for someone to become and alcoholic exhibiting anxiety and anger fits then obviously there is a serious problem somewhere in his own life, one that cannot be solved by resorting to marijuana.
if people want to become potheads it is their own business, i however do not take lightly when anyone advertises that is the way to go, and then wonder why on earth would anyone have any reservations against that!

you think this is normal behavior?

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
No, it's not. It can end up making him more anxious. And if marijuana is not legalized in his area, he could end up in trouble. I can't believe you guys are proposing this as a solution.
Yes it it.. depending on his tolerance and legality in his region he can get only CBD based products with less than 0.5% THC levels. CBD is the active agent in many personnality issue medication and can be bought legally in most countries.

Of course am not telling him to do wat hes reading on the internet blindly but run this idea by his physician as it is effective.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
the trouble is that you guys no longer have any obvious norms for rational arguments. and no marijuana is not the magical answer to everything, and even if marijuana is legalized it does not mean it is the solution to all problems as some people advertise. for someone to become and alcoholic exhibiting anxiety and anger fits then obviously there is a serious problem somewhere in his own life, one that cannot be solved by resorting to marijuana.
if people want to become potheads it is their own business, i however do not take lightly when anyone advertises that is the way to go, and then wonder why on earth would anyone have any reservations against that!

you think this is normal behavior?
The trouble is i asked u wat u've got against marijuana abd i havent gotten an snswer yet.

Nobody here claimed that marijuana is a magical remedy, but it is effective at combatting(not curing plz mind the word) behavioral disorders i have witnessed in vivo with several people, religious and atheists alike, even one guy not going through divorce because his behavior drastically changed and waa able to finally work on his marriage.

Dosing is important because each person has a certain tolerance threshold.

Again it is not a cure it is just a tool to help you in the right direction. Theres a whole big pharma lobby to combat CBD in neurological medication.

As to your bid its a caricature of a very specific situation and not worth commenting on lal saraha

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Yes it it.. depending on his tolerance and legality in his region he can get only CBD based products with less than 0.5% THC levels. CBD is the active agent in many personnality issue medication and can be bought legally in most countries.

Of course am not telling him to do wat hes reading on the internet blindly but run this idea by his physician as it is effective.

I really don't feel like arguing over this. It's just really bad advice no matter how you look at it.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
If all else fails, call this guy:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
The trouble is i asked u wat u've got against marijuana abd i havent gotten an snswer yet.
i do not have anything against marijuana, i have lots of things however against people who try to portray that it is very uncool and backward and unhip not to embrace marijuana head on.

Nobody here claimed that marijuana is a magical remedy, but it is effective at combatting(not curing plz mind the word) behavioral disorders i have witnessed in vivo with several people, religious and atheists alike, even one guy not going through divorce because his behavior drastically changed and waa able to finally work on his marriage.
behavioral disorders are rooted in behavioral patterns that cannot be treated by pot. the pot simply artificially inhibits a person's behavior without solving any pre-existing causes for the anger and the anxiety if any. you had the atheist/religious issue in the cross hairs of your scope all the way, and this is why you have addressed me with your question; and while you are right on the surface, deep down you are way off, it is not because people are religious that they take a stance against substance abuse, including marijuana, it is rather because they perceive life differently that they neither relinquish their faith nor allow their perception and behavioral patterns to be artificially influenced and altered.

Dosing is important because each person has a certain tolerance threshold.

Again it is not a cure it is just a tool to help you in the right direction. Theres a whole big pharma lobby to combat CBD in neurological medication.

As to your bid its a caricature of a very specific situation and not worth commenting on lal saraha
ra7 hawwena 3leik mnel ekhir,

first you if you do not have the required credentials then you are not qualified to prescribe marijuana as a therapy for anyone. the best you can do is to ask them to check with a professional about whether or not marijuana could help in this specific situation, and it is up to the expert to determine that. you do not mess up people's lives to come across as cool.

second, i have also seen good people with potential wasting their lives and reducing themselves to nothing while repeating the same mantra day in and day out that marijuana is an ok drug; and yet it only suffices to alter one's perception and reactions to the world the slightest to get them off the proper path where they can accomplish themselves and live up to their potential.

i could go on, but this surely suffices.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
it is not a bad advice,
as previously mentioned by @mrsrx and @Iron Maiden Cannabis can be a better alternative to alcohol. and not a treatment.

Disclaimer:
I think everyone here that talked about marijuana is mentioning it as a last ditch effort to replace a substance abuse by another that is less harmful and more pleasant to him and to his surrounding based on the symptoms described.
All that assuming that all classic ways have been tried like asking him, seeing a doctor, intervention, rehab, support groups, psy treatment ...and the person is not willing or cannot make any progress. Someone who likes to drink for any reason other than whiskey tasting is likely to be helped by subtitute substances (same with H to Oxy, Cig to gum.... Alcohol is to W)

Mentionned aswell that this is a last resord if all fails. I do not think OP did not google a bit for the classic solutions and they were not tried. The assumption is that tha post is based on a last resort as this is getting terribly uncomfy. As a person suffering from tobacco additions it is way easier to convince me to substitute it with less harmful things than to quit (addiction is not rational!). A doctor that has not been brain washed to believe that MJ is a class A drug like cocaine and it is worse than heroine might propose alternative solutions that do not come from the "war on drugs" propaganda of the 60s to the 90s to bankrupt commi latin america.

MJ is a drug but so is alcohol and all opoides that we take! it is not magical but it does have some areas where it can be used medically!

So yes Marijuana can be a solution check with your doctor and read up on people who were able to become better with it! it is not us the forum doctors to give a final solution! but it is a path to explore!

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
i do not have anything against marijuana, i have lots of things however against people who try to portray that it is very uncool and backward and unhip not to embrace marijuana head on.

Listen to yourself.
hek tole3 ma3ak ?

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I am told praying helps.

It does actually most recovering alcoholics/ drug addicts who become sober find solace in god and religion, this may be due to the 12 step program having religious underlinings, or just substituting one addiction for another, either way praying does seem to help with recovery from addiction

opium

He should change his daily routine, like changing job, getting married or getting divorced. Resort to jobies that can fill his time and distract hime from drinking.
Best of all he should have a will.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

OP said alcoholism is related to anger issues, as per usual, so why no teach the man how to get over his behavioral problem via a CBD injection. Not all marijuana derivatives contain THC and many are prescribed by psychs.

So the ball's inur court
To smoke hashish and get the best out of it, one needs to be in a good, preferably top notch mood.
Whatever you already have inside you the THC trip will only amplify. So, if you already suffer from anxiety, it may exponentially increase, leading to a psychic supernova. I wouldn't advice an anxious soul to smoke the 7asis (which is 7ashish's main effect ). It usually breaks what already is extremely fragile.