• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The China Thread - News, Developments and its Maltreatement and Human Rights Abuses on its Minority Muslim Population

• Advertisement
  • SAVO

SAVO

those must be supporter of Isis or wahhabist or khomeinist :) and think that they have the right to do a fantasy Jihad and go ariund and kill people.. the chinese action is a preemptive action to counter terrorism and protect its people ..wether they are peaceful muslim or non muslim.

SAVO

SAVO

chinese muslim celebrate their eid al Adha with joy and happiness in peace.. ( no explosive belts or allahuakbar guys ..those are mentally sick and their place in detention camps )

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Here we go again. Bunch of Islamist terrorists crying victim.

PS: I don't support torture of any kind, but let's not try to depict this as a genocide against Ughyurs, because it's not.
    I wonder if that same sheikh shed a tear for the victims of 9/11, or does he only reserve his compassion for Muslims?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Disney criticised for filming Mulan in China's Xinjiang province
    • 07 September 2020
    Disney is under fire for shooting its new film Mulan in parts of China where the government is accused of serious human rights abuses.

The final credits thank a government security agency in Xinjiang province, where about 1m people - mostly Muslim Uighurs - are thought to be detained.

The film was already the target of a boycott after its lead actress backed a crackdown on Hong Kong protesters.

Disney has not commented on the row over the locations and the credits.

China says its detention camps in Xinjiang are necessary to improve security.

The live-action film, which is one of the biggest releases of the year, is a remake of the 1998 animated story of a young girl who takes her father's place in the army.

But fans in some Asian countries called for a boycott after Chinese-born actress Liu Yifei made comments supporting Hong Kong's police who have been accused of violence against pro-democracy protesters in recent months.

Then, on Monday, social media users noticed that in the credits Disney thanked a number of government entities in Xinjiang , including the public security bureau in the city of Turpan and the "publicity department of CPC Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomy Region Committee".

The public security bureau in Turpan is tasked with running China's "re-education" camps where Uighurs are held in detention, China expert Adrian Zenz told the BBC.

The "publicity department" named by Disney is responsible for producing state propaganda in the region, he adds.

The BBC visits the camps where China’s Muslims have their thoughts transformed
    Video captionThe BBC visits the camps where China’s Muslims have their "thoughts transformed"
    It is believed that one million Uighur people have been forcibly detained in the high-security prison camps in recent years.

Leaked documents and testimonies from camp survivors reveal that inmates are locked up, indoctrinated and punished , claims which China has dismissed as "fake news".

In 2018 a BBC investigation found evidence of security compounds built in the desert in Xinjiang.

Mr Zenz described Disney as "an international corporation profiteering in the shadow of concentration camps".

The World Uygar Congress tweeted "in the new Mulan, Disney thanks the public security bureau in Turpan, which has been involved in the internment camps in East Turkistan."

Activist Shawn Zhang also criticised the company , writing "how many thousands of Uighur were put into camps by Turpan Bureau of Public Security when filming Mulan there?"

Turpan was the site of the first "re-education camps" where Uighur women wearing veils or men wearing beards were detained, Mr Zenz explained. The public security bureau is also responsible for managing construction of the camps and hiring police to staff them, he added.

The earliest evidence of "re-education" work of Uighurs in Turpan is from August 2013, Mr Zenz claims.

In June, he issued a report which uncovered evidence that China was forcing Uighur women to be sterilised or fitted with contraceptive devices, a practice that China denies.

China says it is fighting the "three evil forces" of separatism, terrorism, and extremism in Xinjiang and says the camps are voluntary schools for anti-extremism training.

In 2017 Mulan director Niki Caro posted photos on Instagram from the capital of Xinjiang. The production team behind the film also told the Architectural Digest magazine that they spent months in Xinjiang to research filming locations.

Hong Kong pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong has also condemned Disney, tweeting that viewers watching Mulan are "potentially complicit in the mass incarceration of Muslim Uighurs".

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    New evidence of China’s concentration camps shows its hardening resolve to wipe out the Uighurs

September 3, 2020 at 2:47 PM EDT

LAST WEEK, Chinese officials were asked at a news conference about the continuing reports that China has locked in concentration camps more than 1 million ethnic Muslim Uighurs, Kazakhs and others in Xinjiang province. A spokesman for the regional government responded that it was “outright nonsense” and that the facilities — which China has called vocational education schools — prevent extremism and are “no different in nature” from those in the United States, Britain or France. Asked about reports of large-scale forced labor imposed on the Uighur minority, another Xinjiang official said it was “outright nonsense fabricated out of thin air.”

SAVO

SAVO

those are re education camps.. people are learning rhe civil convivence.. the religious tollerance and being taught to learn a job and be a productive individual in the society instead of killing peple in the name of fantasy jihad

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

hmm. as i recall Pakistan is a very muslim country..
    Pakistan is a Muslim country that has good ties with China. The Islamic Republic of Iran is also a Muslim country that has good ties with China.

Governments follow their national interests and are bound to ensure they respect the internal affairs of a friendly country. However, as people or as ordinary humans, we must speak out when and where inhuman treatments are carried out en mass, systemically and targeted.

I am not against China as a world or super power. I am not a western apologist against China. I am not a propagandist against China. I am very much in favor of and I support to the maximum to ensure that Lebanon, my own country has good and excellent relations with China and even improve and expand on the present ties. I have nothing against China as a people and as government.

However, if excessive and unjustified and gross human rights abuses are taking place against any group of people or individuals, the Chinese government must ensure that 21st century human rights standards are respected and observed and those abuses must stop.

It is the obligation of the Chinese government to ensure these claims of concentration camps are put to rest by addressing them. It is not justified to treat people as slaves or inhumanely, even if they are arrested criminals or whatever sort of "terrorists". And this applies to all governments around the world, including Lebanon, Iran and the US. Human rights violations or abuses are no longer tolerable in our world and must be opposed by all, irrespective of economic or political interests and irrespective of where and when they (have) happen.

Last edited:
    SAVO

SAVO

Pakistan is a Muslim country that has good ties with China. The Islamic Republic of Iran is also a Muslim country that has good ties with China.

Governments follow their national interests and are bound to ensure they respect the internal affairs of a friendly country. However, as people or as ordinary humans, we must speak out when and where inhuman treatments are carried out en mass, systemically and targeted.

I am not against China as a world or super power. I am not a western apologist. I am not a propagandist against China. I am very much in favor of and I support to the maximum to ensure that Lebanon, my own country has good and excellent relations with China and even improve and expand on the present ties. I have nothing against China as a people and as government.

However, if excessive and unjustified and gross human rights abuses are taking place against any group of people or individuals, the Chinese government must ensure that 21st century human rights standards are respected and observed and those abuses must stop.

It is the obligation of the Chinese government to ensure these claims of concentration camps are put to rest by addressing them. It is not justified to treat people as slaves or inhumanely, even if they are arrested criminals or whatever sort of "terrorists". And this applies to all governments around the world, including Lebanon, Iran and the US. Human rights violations or abuses are no longer tolerable in our world and must be opposed by all, irrespective of economic or political interests and irrespective of where and when they (have) happen.

then u must have same concerns about arab ahwaz in iran. or the kurdish rights in iran or syria and turkey..

you are defending a bunch of brainwashed radical fanatic and endorsing the western agenda regarding it.. by claiming a mass abuse..
    can u give a material prove of mass.abuse as you are claiming?

anyway.. i support the concentration camps :) for muslim fanatics..thats the minimum that can be done against those criminals till they reject the violence and choose to be citizen who respect the law and the rule of civil convivence.. unless you want china to become like any arab or muslim country infested with death destruction and wars..and here yiu can take lebanon as an example

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    then u must have same concerns about arab ahwaz in iran. or the kurdish rights in iran or syria and turkey..
    There is something called "rules of engagement". Wherever and whenever there is an insurgency, governments are bound to observe those rules and ensure that there are no human rights abuses. Whether in Iran, Syria, China, US or elsewhere. Now talk less of punishing people collectively based on their religious affiliation. For instance, the Chinese govt banned its Muslim citizens from observing the fast of Ramadan. That is unjustifiable.

you are defending a bunch of brainwashed radical fanatic and endorsing the western agenda regarding it.. by claiming a mass abuse..
    can u give a material prove of mass.abuse as you are claiming?

anyway.. i support the concentration camps :) for muslim fanatics..thats the minimum that can be done against those criminals
    I am not the one claiming. There are news items, as you can see them posted above, mentioning concentration camps. These reports are becoming alarming and widespread and they prick one's humanity to say NO to such abuses, if they truly exist. The Chinese govt should come out and tell us they dont exist. If we must oppose Abu Ghreib and Guantanamo Bay concentration camps, then, we must oppose and condemn the likes anywhere else. Even terrorists and fanatics and criminals can be abused or can have their fundamental human rights violated. That must not be.

SAVO

SAVO

There is something called "rules of engagement". Wherever and whenever there is an insurgency, governments are bound to observe those rules and ensure that there are no human rights abuses. Whether in Iran, Syria, China, US or elsewhere. Now talk less of punishing people collectively based on their religious affiliation. For instance, the Chinese govt banned its Muslim citizens from observing the fast of Ramadan. That is unjustifiable.

I am not the one claiming. There are news items, as you can see them posted above, mentioning concentration camps. These reports are becoming alarming and widespread and they prick one's humanity to say NO to such abuses, if they truly exist. The Chinese govt should come out and tell us they dont exist. If we must oppose Abu Ghreib and Guantanamo Bay concentration camps, then, we must oppose and condemn the likes anywhere else. Even terrorists and fanatics and criminals can be abused or can have their fundamental human rights violated. That must not be.

in every state there is a law to be respected ..rule of engagement are in case of war...but here we have a bunch of fanatic terrorist with a foreign agenda and aim to create a medieval religious state ..zhejian is a chinese territory and china is defending its borders and its land.

the people.of xhejiang wether they are muslim or not..are chinese citizen and most of them are good citizens and law abiding..and in change the chinese central state care about their socio economic condition and invest in modernizing and industrializing their territory..so what is the alternative agenda of your jihadi friend? an islamic imara ?

SAVO

SAVO

the funniest thing in all this is that you are talking about rule of engagement while you hold the picture of Assad.. assad father bombed hamah by aircraft in the 80's.. and so did the son lol..
    chinese are collecting the fanatic elements in the yuigur society a d putting them into education camp .. no torture or mass killing is happening.. u must also support this if you are a good muslim because fanatic islam harm the image of your religion instead of crying for some injustice as you falsly claim..
    do u think yourself in a position to talk about ecporting the experience of sharawneh, khaldeh. bab al tabbeneh and jabal mohsen examples of rule of engagement to.become a model ?