• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Documentaries Thread

Shev

Shev

please post videos of documentaries, any language (except for french :msntongue:) in any field, that are informative and worth watching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

المجتمعات الدينية - الدروز

(thanks for Motor City who first posted a link to the video)

[VBTUBE]n1IFtCiGW6U[/VBTUBE]

المجتمعات الدينية - اليهود الشرقيون

[VBTUBE]2slzojtVmk8[/VBTUBE]

المجتمعات الدينية - الموارنة

[VBTUBE]iy2mhXxrkb0[/VBTUBE]

المجتمعات الدينية - الشيعة

[VBTUBE]y8m0pIXvTkg[/VBTUBE]​

I can only speak of the one on shia's. it's pretty obvious that it was presented from a sunni point of view (focused more on the differences).

there are lots of other videos in this series.

سري للغاية - أجراس الخطر - الجزء الأول out of 4

[VBTUBE]cw3sJ7wwOKg[/VBTUBE]​

there's also this documentary by al jazeera (production of 2002) that's called "الطريق الى 11 سبتمبر." even though I watched it 3 weeks ago on aljazeera's youtube channel, I couldn't find it today. nevertheless, a very interesting documentary.

سري للغاية - الحديث مع العدو

[VBTUBE]5zes3WeS5fM[/VBTUBE]​

• Advertisement
  • Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    [VBTUBE]CeacjOkLjZ0[/VBTUBE]

its not up on youtube yet but its an amazing documentary..you can download through torrents.

Joe tayyar

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    [VBTUBE]CeacjOkLjZ0[/VBTUBE]

its not up on youtube yet but its an amazing documentary..you can download through torrents.
    Thanx sam nice one at least we can see how real animals are :wink:

Boris®

Boris®

A fantastic documentary is "BBC: Planet Earth"

Here is part #4 entitled "Caves", just watch the very first 5 minutes and you will get sucked in :msngrin:

[VBTUBE]AMilXX4Iu-k[/VBTUBE]

PS: available at Virgin Megastore is a dvd box set that contains all of "Planet Earth" and "Blue Planet" episodes (2 documentary series made by BBC). They cost around 90$ or so, great value pack! I highly recommend to get them! Just amazing really...

Osiris

Osiris

PS: available at Virgin Megastore is a dvd box set that contains all of "Planet Earth" and "Blue Planet" episodes (2 documentary series made by BBC). They cost around 90$ or so, great value pack! I highly recommend to get them! Just amazing really...
    90$ for the DVDs!? Are they serious? That's 3 times more expensive than Amazon. What a robbery! Better to get the Blu-ray edition. Much higher picture quality for 60$ from Amazon (but of course you will need a blu-ray player, like a PS3).

I wonder why everything is 2 to 3 times more expensive in Virgin.. Online shopping people!

Boris®

Boris®

90$ for the DVDs!? Are they serious?
    the "dvds" include both Planet Earth & Blue Planet, thats 9 dvds if I am not mistaken. Plus I don't remember well if it is 90$ or a bit less, anyway for the prices in virgin for other materials, 9 dvds for 90$ means 10$ per dvd which is quite fine compared to movies that sell 23$ dvd.

Osiris

Osiris

there's also this documentary by al jazeera (production of 2002) that's called "الطريق الى 11 سبتمبر." even though I watched it 3 weeks ago on aljazeera's youtube channel, I couldn't find it today. nevertheless, a very interesting documentary.
    Here it is

سري للغاية - الطريق إلى 11 سبتمبر - الجزء الثاني

[VBTUBE]mC3P-Ai-HtU[/VBTUBE]

Very interesting thread btw!

Dalzi

Dalzi

Legendary Member
    Great thread! Very informative...

Those ignorant iditos who are hitting themselves in the Shiaa video should be hung upside down from palm trees... Video is a bit annoying and depressing... Whoever watches it would think we're crying 24/7 :biggrin:

F

false Morel

False Morels

[VBTUBE]GD6h8OVFENE[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]z_TOGunTXgQ[/VBTUBE]

So, make sure you follow that nice lady's advice and do not eat false morels, or else...

Chingon

Chingon

Orange Room Supporter
    we have a Jins 3atil community in Italy!!! hahahha eh ba3d na2isna!

Osiris

Osiris

Ancient Megastructures - The Great Pyramid (High Definition)

"The Great Pyramid of Giza is four-and-half thousand years old. It's the only ancient Wonder of the World still standing. It was conceived as a resurrection machine for the enigmatic pharaoh Khufu in 2551 BC and completed over 20 years later, just before his death. To cut and move the 2 million stones needed to build it would involve the organisation of the whole Egyptian state." --Source

[VBTUBE]42VVDvFOwHA[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]lzZ_0qG3yzE[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]uUvFAOOs3OM[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]6ELz_-qWB_A[/VBTUBE]

[VBTUBE]jNyke3IVttc[/VBTUBE]

Shev

Shev

A nice documentary by aljazeera english on political families (gemeyals) in lebanon. it's presented in 4 parts about 12 mins each.

first one:

Lebanon: The family business

[VBTUBE]eCgv_2cwL3Q[/VBTUBE]

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    The Lebanese people the people famously known as Cheaters, bahdaltouna, i still believe lebanon's solution is a match and lots of benzine.

Enjoy

NMA

NMA

A great documentary is "The Universe" , on Discovery channel. I got it from rapidshare it's brilliant and really worth watching

Boris®

Boris®

A great documentary is "The Universe" , on Discovery channel. I got it from rapidshare it's brilliant and really worth watching
    I got the boxset as a gift, it contains:
    -The universe season 1
    -The universe season 2
    -How the earth was made
    -Planets

Note that not so long ago they release season 3 on dvd in virgin, also i found that there is season 4 (wikipedia)