The electronic cigarette: A serious and healthier alternative to tobacco smoking

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
My review of Miniprotank 3 compared to the Aspire BVC...

After I don't know how many months, I have come to a final conclusion.

The MP3 is quite simply, superior. The BVC seems to not properly 'vaporize' the liquid, you always feel that there is some liquid rather than vapor reaching your mouth and throat, and I notice that with the BVC I wake up in the morning feeling the 'smokers throat'. Furthermore, as the battery on your ecig drains, the BVC becomes exponentially worse, while the MP3 holds up quite well.

That's my opinion about it at least.
You need to upgrade your tanks! The SubTank Mini with the new OCC coils is amazing!! Once i started sub ohm vaping, i could never go back to my Protanks and Aspires...

Subtank Mini with iStick 50W is a good starting point before going in the rebuildables.

PS. 8 Months without a single analogue cig!

• Advertisement
  • D

DrBen

The Subtank mini is amazing, Plus, you get to vape on premade OCC coils and also venture into rebuilding with the included RBA section. You can set it up for subohm lung hits as well as discrete flavourful mouth to lung hits.
    Check out the new "Subox" kit from Kanger. Very reasonably priced for what you get.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Just got the black one..looks awesome! The updated OCC coils that came with the kit are far superior than the older version. Plus, the RBA section has 2 large juice channels now (no more dry hits). **MUST BUY**

***Make sure you get a high amp original battery (I use Sony VTC5) and a decent charger (I use Effest LUC V4)..don't go cheap with the batteries..Vape SAFELY***

D

DrBen

Congrats. I'm still waiting on them to be in stock on Fasttech. I guess I'm gonna go for the white one.

Btw, how are you wicking the new RBA head? Do you stick your wick through the holes then trim it or do you stuff it into the deck until it covers the holes tightly? I have always had bad luck with "wick through juice hole" wicking.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Congrats. I'm still waiting on them to be in stock on Fasttech. I guess I'm gonna go for the white one.

Btw, how are you wicking the new RBA head? Do you stick your wick through the holes then trim it or do you stuff it into the deck until it covers the holes tightly? I have always had bad luck with "wick through juice hole" wicking.
    The white one does look better! I got the black because it was the only color available here...

My wicking experience with the new RBA section is limited so far. I did 1 build after watching a tutorial on youtube. I stuffed the wick into the deck (kind of like how the OCC coils are) It's been working beautifully (0.5ohm single coil @40Watts) - no dry hits and keeps up pretty well at higher wattages with higher VG-based juices. I could only go as high as 28watts with the older RBA version (rebuilt the older OCC coils instead).

J

James33

hi guys
    I am thinking seriously to give up smoking after a lot of years with minimum 1 pack a day, and I am thinking with an ecig it would be a lot easyer...
    What kind of ecigs and flavours do you recommend? A friend of mine told me about this starter kits Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits - Vape Compare but I don't know what to think because he's new with ecigs too.

Thanks!

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    hi guys
    I am thinking seriously to give up smoking after a lot of years with minimum 1 pack a day, and I am thinking with an ecig it would be a lot easyer...
    What kind of ecigs and flavours do you recommend? A friend of mine told me about this starter kits Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits - Vape Compare but I don't know what to think because he's new with ecigs too.

Thanks!
    Wouldn't you be trading one extremely harmful addiction to another less but still harmful addiction? Why not quit altogether?

Full disclosure, I have never been a smoker and live in a "quasi" smoke-free heaven (no smokers in the family, no smokers among friends, no smoking allowed in the building where I live, no smoking allowed in parks, no smoking allowed on the beach, in the hotels I stay at, and the list goes on :)).

D

DrBen

Wouldn't you be trading one extremely harmful addiction to another less but still harmful addiction? Why not quit altogether?

Full disclosure, I have never been a smoker and live in a "quasi" smoke-free heaven (no smokers in the family, no smokers among friends, no smoking allowed in the building where I live, no smoking allowed in parks, no smoking allowed on the beach, in the hotels I stay at, and the list goes on :)).
    When recommending vaping to smokers, we vapers tend to easily forget that the best way to quit smoking is to break free from nicotine addiction. Vaping is a safer way to sustain that addiction (according to most studies so far). Aside from all the adverse heath effects that accompany smoking, another undesirable characteristic of the habbit is the dependance to nicotine itself. That constant urge to get your fix that is continuously nagging you in the back of your mind, whether you are at work, in a meeting, or indoors with your friends or family. Vaping does not put a stop to this addiction. Gaining back your freedom is only possible by confronting this addiction head on and beating it all together.
    I therefore encourage you to try stopping nicotine intake all together. Give it a shot, you may surprise yourself. A very handy book is "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr. It might sound cheesy but it's extremely effective and I am certain you can manage to get a pdf copy on the web. It helped me give up nicotine completely for 9 months (something that I never imagined would be possible) but unfortunately I did not manage to last longer (different story, off topic lol).
    Anyway what I am trying to say is that you should be aware that replacing vaping with smoking is not the best choice you could make. The harder but more rewarding alternative is to kick the nicotine addiction itself.
    That being said, I know most of the above is easier said than done. Vaping is in my opinion by far safer than smoking (although I am not a medical professional) and I am confident it will help you kick the cigs. I suggest you google "best vaping starter kits" or something along those lines. There is plenty of info out there, especially on the forums like ecf, reddit, etc.
    Goodluck!

Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    WHOEVER CAN GET ME 10 COIL HEADS FOR MINI PROTANK 3 IN BEIRUT ILL PAY 100$ FOR THEM!!!!!!!!

dodzi

dodzi

Legendary Member
    WHOEVER CAN GET ME 10 COIL HEADS FOR MINI PROTANK 3 IN BEIRUT ILL PAY 100$ FOR THEM!!!!!!!!
    Hey Bandar, some friends of mine are coming to Lebanon on the 18th of September. I could ask them to add 10 mini protank 3 coils. I use the same ones. :)

Reactions: Jo
    Bandar

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
    Hey Bandar, some friends of mine are coming to Lebanon on the 18th of September. I could ask them to add 10 mini protank 3 coils. I use the same ones. :)
    dodz, ill let you know in a few hours!! thanks buddy!

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Hey Bandar..Do you still need coils? I just saw your post. I've got plenty of ProTank coils. I don't vape them anymore...Let me know if you do, i'll ship them to you in Lebanon.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    eVic VTC Mini -- 60Watt TempControl Mod -- 10/10

Zephyrus RTA -- 5ML TopFill DualCoil RBA Head -- 9/10

Goblin Mini RTA -- 3ML BottomFill DualCoil RBA Head -- 9/10

One Hit Wonder eLiquid
    - MuffinMan -- Apple/Cinnamon Muffin -- 10/10
    - RocketMan -- Blueberry/Yoghurt/Granola -- 10/10
    - MilkMan -- Strawberry/Milk -- 10/10

Element Vape eLiquid

- PinkLemonade -- Lemonade w/ hint of sweet strawberries -- 10/10
    - Orange Squeeze -- Orange Juice -- 9/10
    - Watermelon Chill -- Watermelon & Mint -- 9/10

Piranha by Naked Fish -- Vanila Custard/Whipped Cream -- 10/10

Drops Ahoy -- Chocolate Chip Cookies -- 10/10

Pluto by Space Jam -- Watermelon/Melon/Mint -- 10/10

1 Year off Analog cigarettes!! Thanks @Abou Sandal @Bandar

D

DrBen

Oh no ! Not this study again ! :p

There are a lot of interesting studies out there and thorough research programs being undertaken to identify the health effects of vaping. However, the NEJM study that this article refers to has been surrounded by so much controversy since it was published.

Formaldehyde in e-cigarette aerosol: a public call for the NEJM paper to be retracted

From what I understand, the excess amounts of formaldehyde that the media loves to rave about was only present in one of the many sample experiments undertaken (I am at work right now but I will try to find a link to the full paper later). Critics of the study have argued that those excess amounts are the result of "dry puffing", or basically overheating the dry wicking material.

I am by no means under the illusion that vaping does not cause any adverse health effects whatsoever, but it is important to keep a critical mind when reading captivating headlines in the press.

Anyway, thank you from bringing this up karlmarx.

Filip Spataru

Filip Spataru

Hello, new here. I was wondering if there are any places in Beirut where i could buy a vape stick. if there are any, an adres or something would be great. thank you in advance

D

DrBen

So I just got a parcel confiscated by customs today. The package contained two 120ml bottles of Vegetable Glycerine and seven 10ml bottles of Flavourart flavorings. No e-liquid, no nicotine, no vaping hardware.

I received a letter from Libanpost stating that I should go to the customs office at the airport to get my package. I assigned an agent since I can't leave work in the middle of the day and go to the airport.

I instructed the agent to say that the products in the shipment were bought for making homemade shampoo and soaps. The customs didn't believe a word and told him flat out that those were for e-cigarettes and that they would not pass.

My question is what right does the customs office have for them to deny a shipment of a small quantity of vegetable glycerine and food flavorings?

LEBANESE-CIA

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member

الجمعة 01 كانون الثاني 2016 آخر تحديث 22:19

يسبب بخار السجائر الإلكترونية أضرارا في خلايا الرئة، من ضمنها تمزق في الحمض النووي الذي يؤدي إلى السرطان. من هذا نستنتج أن السجائر الإلكترونية ليست أفضل من السجائر الاعتيادية.​
    تمكن علماء جامعة كاليفورنيا من الحصول على مستخلص دخان السجائر الإلكترونية واختبروا تأثيره في خلايا الجسم في المختبر. بينت نتائج الاختبار حدوث تمزق في الحمض النووي وموت الخلايا بسرعة كبيرة مقارنة بالخلايا التي لم تتعرض لمستخلص دخان السجائر الإلكترونية.​
    تقول البروفيسورة جيسيكا فانغ- رودريغس من الجامعة "لقد أجرينا اختبارات نوعية عديدة عن تأثير هذا الدخان في الخلايا البشرية، بينت نتائجها أن السجائر الإلكترونية ليست أقل ضررا من الاعتيادية كما يدعي منتجوها. لقد تمكنا من تحديد دورها في عملية موت الخلايا. لذلك استنادا إلى هذه النتائج يمكنني أن أقول إن السجائر الإلكترونية ليست أقل ضررا من السجائر الاعتيادية من ناحية تأثيرها على صحة الإنسان".​