The end of FPM is nigh ?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I dunno. I'm only one person and only have anecdotal evidence of those around me, but I think at least some of his popularity is because he's pretty good at politics, even people who find him mostly rhetorically off-putting (me) respect that. Though we'll see if that changes and if he can weather this tide. If the protest movement doesn't turn into something meaningful that offers both services and an alternative for peoples' day-to-day life and remains the provenance of the intelligentsia, people will probably vote for who they think is better at politics.
Many like him because he's a "manyak" that knows how to deal with the political class. That feeling won't be there if doesn't deliver results.

• Advertisement
  • H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    Many like him because he's a "manyak" that knows how to deal with the political class. That feeling won't be there if doesn't deliver results.
    Well, right. The only difference with what I'm saying is that if there's not a better alternative, whether in the form of the 7irak or claudine aoun roukoz (because whenever someone says "roukoz" as an alternative, with a straight face, I have to assume it's her...), people will go with the devil they know who they think will at least screw over everyone else or bi2dar you2af biwij berri, jumblatt, ja3ja3 etc

nolimits

nolimits

Well, right. The only difference with what I'm saying is that if there's not a better alternative, whether in the form of the 7irak or claudine aoun roukoz (because whenever someone says "roukoz" as an alternative, with a straight face, I have to assume it's her...), people will go with the devil they know who they think will at least screw over everyone else or bi2dar you2af biwij berri, jumblatt, ja3ja3 etc
    There is no alternative to GB I think that he is by far the most popular person in the fpm

cedarheart

cedarheart

There is no alternative to GB I think that he is by far the most popular person in the fpm
    Of course he is ! I have no doubt about that!
    But do you know why?
    Because only those who like him remain in the party, all others left or were sidelined or kicked out

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Don't have an answer to that. But all I can say is Inshallah.
    Bas as long as there are sheep in Lebanon, ra7 ydal fi ra3eh esmo Gibran.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Let's say FPM is the soap with which HA is cleaning his a.ss with. Ultimately the soap sill diminish in size and effectiveness and will be thrown away
    If your soap is shrinking that fast, you must be using it to do other things than rinse your ass.

A

Anti Iran

Michel Mouawad joined the protesters cause.
    He will leave Strong Lebanon (it is a question of hours ) youpiii

light-in-dark

light-in-dark

Legendary Member
    Of course he is ! I have no doubt about that!
    But do you know why?
    Because only those who like him remain in the party, all others left or were sidelined or kicked out
    I didn't like him. I left the party 7 years before he became the president of fpm.
    Now because of all the people who hate him. I will return to defend the symbol of FPM even that I don't agree with him. I will become Vassili only to defend my beloved party principles. We are the people of laws anticorruption. we were telling these thieves to go out of government. We said to people that militiamen and mafia men should not be in the state and governing. Lebanese were happy and treating us as aliens. Now suddenly the revolution took all our slogans and the law projects. Revolution organizers are another kind of thieving people.
    So not true Cedar heart, if you were out coz of that a lot weren't I am one coz I have enough politics in m personal life. Please don't spread rumors and doing salissage..

Mor_Efrem

Mor_Efrem

However FPM/Bassil must make a review on all levels.
    First of all, work on the media level.......I know it is ridiculous as it has not real outcome for he good of the country, but this revolution showed everyone how much media is powerful and how devilish and destructive it can be.
    These events have nothing to do with a revolution. These "protests" in beirut were nothing more than a small funfair, with loud music to attract teenagers looking for a good party.
    I even saw little children holding balloons there!
    Streets were blocked by security forces, not by demonstrators. and who's invisible hand paid for all this audio material, the stages, the tents?
    Why burning syrian vehicles in the Chouf, causing the border to close?

Obviously, there are powerful means involved to destabilize the country, and i suspect the saouds are behind it. Like a losing chess player, they react to the latest developments in Syria by rocking the chessboard in Lebanon.
    nothing positive to expect from such moves.