The Exploits, Excesses and Hysteria of the Black Hearted Ziad

NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
Nope, ma 7zeret. HA supporters believe it's their religious duty to liberate Jerusalem.
This contradicts the aspirations of most non-Shiite Lebanese, who believe Lebanon should be a neutral country, distant from regional powers.
A non-confessional state will not mitigate the Shiites' jihadist ambitions. It will put all Lebanese under the mercy of their arms.
Bro let them have their wet dreams as long as they want.....and Berri can bark as much as he like about abolishing tge conf system....it wont happen.
Any change will be towards federalism unless they want to use their arms to change tge system...

• Advertisement
  • NAFAR

NAFAR

Legendary Member
    You cant say it is better. And I am not discussing it. I want to discuss how to uproot the apartheid French colonial legacy called the confessional system. The Taef accord has laid a framework to be followed. We should work on that.

I am only giving examples of the dangers, diversity of opinions and views and options that may arise. And we would go back to pre Taef climate and anarchy. Anyways, you can keep talking about federalism and division and separation and partition. It doesnt mean it would happen anyways.
    As i told u before federalism wont happen by force but by dialogue.....its starting but still shy... at least its circulating now and Berri had to attak it today in his speech....good start

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    As i told u before federalism wont happen by force but by dialogue.....its starting but still shy... at least its circulating now and Berri had to attak it today in his speech....good start
    Under whose auspices and what constitutional or legal framework would such dialogue take place?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of federalism in Lebanon?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    It is quite evident from your post that you do not want Lebanon to develop into a modern, progressive state. You also want to enshrine sectarianism, divisions and even hatred into our existence and create and cement barriers to promote your sectarian apartheid policies. You care about a sectarian identity. Others have the right to care about a national identity and aim to become full fledged citizens in their country. Berri and corruption are just the bogeyman you are using here. There are countries whereby the central government still collects taxes. Most of our taxes are indirectly collected. On phone use, on internet, on electricity, on garbage collection, on fuel etc. So I really dont know how you'd end up collecting taxes. It can only happen by setting up parallel govts.

If left for me, I wont mind we divide Lebanon into two a Shia majority state that extends from the South, up to Dahyeh and into the northeast of the country (Baalbek-Hermel), and another Christian-Sunni mix in the Northwest starting from Ashrafiyyeh, if you like. There would still be about 20 or so Shia villages in the Northwest. If you like, you can give Tripoli autonomy. But sorry, we dont want to multiply the mess we currently have. Its either we divide the country or we stay where we are. Trust me, we arent happy to be in the same country with many people, but we dont have a choice. If a Shia majority state would be created all the way from the South into the Beqaa and south Beirut, then I don't mind. Sort yourselves out with the Sunnis in the North. You can choose to divide territory and give Tripoli and Akkar independence. Basically, the end of Lebanon.

So these are scenarios that may come up if you think you can outsmart others.
    thats great and all, but the only way you can get that is by building a state, and when u want to build a state u cant have figures like berri in it. and as soon as someone calls for berri to gtfo you start inundating us with ctocodile tears, fitna calls and shiite union.

b kaffe ta2 hanak, if you dont want to build a state with the other lvanese you will not be able to stop them if they want to go for full decentralization

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    His Excellency, Lebanon's President of the Council of Deputies, Mr Nabih Berri delivering a speech on the occasions of Quds Day and Liberation Day:

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    His Excellency, Lebanon's President of the Council of Deputies, Mr Nabih Berri delivering a speech on the occasions of Quds Day and Liberation Day:

to2borneh hal basme bet farfi7 el alb

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    thats great and all, but the only way you can get that is by building a state, and when u want to build a state u cant have figures like berri in it. and as soon as someone calls for berri to gtfo you start inundating us with ctocodile tears, fitna calls and shiite union.

b kaffe ta2 hanak, if you dont want to build a state with the other lvanese you will not be able to stop them if they want to go for full decentralization
    I think this arrogant drive by FPMers to imagine that they can impose their will, aspirations, and dictate on the entire country will lead you into much trouble and create much problems even for your allies. You, alone, cannot rule this country. Even your ally, with all the power it has, cannot rule the country alone. You can make changes only by working with others. If you cant work with others, you will fail and only succeed in nagging forever. You don't determine who is part of the state and who's out. For many people, Aoun doesnt deserve to be in Baabda and he is just another warlord. This sense of superiority and moral high ground you think you possess, others do not buy it. But yet, the ballot boxes decide. If you cant respect the choice of others and accept them as partners in a country, you will find yourselves struggling against everyone and being shoved aside. You keep singing about fighting corruption, yet, to others, they view your representatives in govt as also corrupt and even bigger thieves.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

It's a torture to listen to this a$$hole. Qu'il s'encule avec Nasrallah loin de chez nous.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think this arrogant drive by FPMers to imagine that they can impose their will, aspirations, and dictate on the entire country will lead you into much trouble and create much problems even for your allies. You, alone, cannot rule this country. Even your ally, with all the power it has, cannot rule the country alone. You can make changes only by working with others. If you cant work with others, you will fail and only succeed in nagging forever. You don't determine who is part of the state and who's out. For many people, Aoun doesnt deserve to be in Baabda and he is just another warlord. This sense of superiority and moral high ground you think you possess, other do not buy it. But yet, the ballot boxes decide. If you cant respect the choice of others and accept them as partners in a country, you will find yourselves struggling against everyone and shoved aside. You keep singing about fighting corruption, yet, to others, they view your representatives in govt as also corrupt and even bigger thieves.
    eltellak crocodile tears :)

PMA was an officer of the lebanese army and a state prime minister, not a warlord. berri on the other hand is a warlord by every definition if the word.

i cannot accept the choice of others when they go against building the state, thats not how things work, we dont want to live in a farm for another century. if you wish to live in a farm or tribal state and keep your political totems and red lines and watever the **** they use to keep the south under their thumbs, then you should push for decentralization even before the others because it has come to a point where coexistence is not sustainable anymore.
    i told u yesterday you refuse to listen to rationality abt wat ziad asswad said, you keep proving it.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Bro let them have their wet dreams as long as they want.....and Berri can bark as much as he like about abolishing tge conf system....it wont happen.
    Any change will be towards federalism unless they want to use their arms to change tge system...
    The civil war was fought to abolish that system. Taef set a roadmap towards that. Why it hasn't been implemented, I dont know. I dont know why Berri hasn't pushed for it because it is within his power to call for its implementation through the setting up of a national body and the creation of a Senate. Federalism on the other hand has no constitutional framework. The day Berri would want to undo the confessional system, he will do it and you cant stop it. It is part of the agreement to end the civil war. The decision to take up arms and reject that would be entirely yours. And if you pick up arms, then you are choosing to settle what has already been settled through arms. Then whatever the outcome, you'd have to live with it forever.

You are replying to a lunatic who's shoving the concept of peace wi4h israhell and the struggle with Israehell into every topic and his dream of making peace with the occupation entity. To him, peace with Israehell is his ultimate dream and the solution to all our problems. Yet, we still see Jordan and Egypt stil begging for aid and having tough economic times, even though they sold out for nothing. This brings me to my point: does the FPM want peace with Israehell? Is that what you are looking for? Have you informed your ally, who's the number one rejected of Israehell? Are you calling for federalism on that basis? In other words, will federal states decide their own foreign policy outside the control of the central govt or the foreign ministry?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

PMA was an officer of the lebanese army and a state prime minister, not a warlord. berri on the other hand is a warlord by every definition if the word.

i cannot accept the choice of others when they go against building the state, thats not how things work, we dont want to live in a farm for another century. if you wish to live in a farm or tribal state and keep your political totems and red lines and watever the **** they use to keep the south under their thumbs, then you should push for decentralization even before the others because it has come to a point where coexistence is not sustainable anymore.
    i told u yesterday you refuse to listen to rationality abt wat ziad asswad said, you keep proving it.
    You are arrogating yourself the power of building the state and excluding others. That is not how things work.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I think many would argue that Aoun was a warlord too. Just playing the devil's advocate here.