The Exploits, Excesses and Hysteria of the Black Hearted Ziad

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And even some mods. I feel bad for them.

Sarcasm and emojis are similar to violence. Lack of vocabulary.
    A lot of self-aggrandizement and self-praise for someone who achieved very little in the past 15 years.
    It's like Nader el Atat claiming to have found the cure for cancer.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    - 70% Non HA supporters 30% HA supporters (maybe even less)
    - FPM are hypocrites, some of their MPs are corrupt, same as HA & Amal. I gave you an example of Fneish's brother who is not in jail because he has wasta, this shows corruption. There are some MPs like Fakhri Alami and others who are very genuine honest people.
    - if HA are hell bent on fighting corruption then they need to take a decision and tell Berri enough is enough. sway the majority of the shias to their side and filter out the dirt. Same with FPM, filter out corrupt MPs. There is also a lot of hate between Amal and FPM. HA has to make a decision on what is their priority.
    - if it was up to me, I prefer alternatives.
    Is Fneish's brother a member of Hezballah? Your points are not coherent.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    Mbere7 Naji Hayek spoke about Federalism on OTV. The episode is on YouTube.
    Still not FPM official position and goals

What do you think of federalism yourself?
    This is geagea idea from the 80s ...

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Correction. Claiming that he found the cure for cancer but ma khallou yesgteghil
    Sorry esmo Zein el Atat. Nader is a singer from the same 3ayleh el karimeh. I thought this piece of information might be of great value to you.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

actually Bassil hinted on three different occasions now on the subject, mainly from the portal of taxation. FPM's official position is complete favor of a strong la markaziyi idariyi and separation of taxation. regardless of what it is called, the people can no longer proceed with flopped partnership.

Jacques Hirac

Jacques Hirac

I think the inflammatory response to Aswad's comments is a perfect example of sectarian influence in politics.
    Aswad, like any other Lebanese, has the right to analyze and comment on the situation.
    If you disagree with his statement, first make sure that it has been properly conveyed to you, then try as much as possible to address the point itself.
    I haven't watched the whole interview, but from the small clips here's what I think:
    - Our country mfallas wel nes je3ane (we can all agree)
    - Corruption in governance is what led us here (we can all agree)
    - Sle7 el 7ezb does not help in fighting corruption nor do we want it to help fight corruption because that would be sad and scary (ma badna fitneh wallahi!)
    --> Conclusion: something must be quickly done to fight corruption so stop prioritizing sle7kon and ignoring other things
    Hone byensa2al: teb lek, what makes you think we are prioritizing sle7na? El amren ma khasson bi ba3ed w ma tkhaf 3leyna men lahhe2 3a both.
    From my point of view, I would believe it the more I see Hezbollah taking important stances and actions to fight corruption.
    Masalan the recent "no comment" on Frangieh's statement attacking the judicial system and hiding criminals from being investigated is not a positive sign.
    The "Berri and Amal khat ahmar" approach is also not very promising.
    SHN's comment that borders with Syria can't be controlled can also be interpreted as Hezbollah simply not wanting the borders to be controlled.
    I am sure there are many more negative signs, so my question to those attacking Aswad for his comments: What are the positive signs that convince us that Hezbollah are serious about fighting corruption?
    Better take this approach then turning it into a matter of "istihdaf el Shia and khiyene 3ozma"

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    It is starting....Bassil himslef hinted to it in his last speech but called it decentralization..... while Hayek and Asswad stated it openly in the last few days.......and FPM leadership didn't deny these statements......just wait and see..........the FPM base is moving slowly and steadily towards federalism.
    I dont think anyone is ready to leave their homes or do population swaps to accomplish your sectarian dream and cantons. And no one is ready to live as second or third class citizen on his homeland. Federalism is not part of any national document. If you want to undo Taef, then others may also have their demands and we'd definitely go to a pre Taef era if you insist illegally and in an unconstitutional manner. If you are asking for federalism, I'd be asking to dissolve Lebanon entirely and merge it with Syria under the leadership of Dr. Bashar al Assad. 😊

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    Takeaway from Ziad (and the only time I'll ever again acknowledge him making sense or making a point worth discussing :p ): There's a current majority. The current majority is now seen by the vast majority of the people as responsible for this government and for its actions and for the conditions of the people. As the conditions of the people deteriorate further--and rapidly, they will blame the current majority and eat it alive whether through elections or something else. And that includes HA. The ONLY people who would be ready to fill the vacuum that void creates are ones who will exact ruthless revenge with their foreign backers. Therefore, act accordingly to materially affect peoples' conditions and the first step to that is publicly and through sweeping change addressing corruption. Is anyone substantively disagreeing with this point?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin

If it were up to me, federalism isn't enough. Te2seem is the only solution. Either way, such a drastic change is only achieved through war and that's not an option now. Ma elo 3aze kil hal 7ake...

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    If it were up to me, federalism isn't enough. Te2seem is the only solution. Either way, such a drastic change is only achieved through war and that's not an option now. Ma elo 3aze kil hal 7ake...
    i can attest to that being a rising request from FPM partisans all across Lebanon, more and more voices are rising to call for one form of federalism or the other, and they seem to be a majority within the party.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Is Fneish's brother a member of Hezballah? Your points are not coherent.
    irrelevant. His brother is, and when he gets leeway because his brother is a member of the party means there is corruption involved on the part of fneish. Do you really think he would get away with it if his brother wasn't part of HA?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I don't think that the US aims to do anything good for a country just because it's good for the country. It is because of their gain through that. Lebanese should raise to the dilemma and vote accordingly in the elections. Voting for corrupt parties for the sake of no fitna is hiding behind your finger. Your vote is your problem. The decisions of the political party you vote for is your problem. How they act in the political arena and what decisions they make based on your vote is your problem. Not the US. We should blame ourselves.

Pointing out that the US policy aims to starve countries financially and economically is not treason. And pointing out that you will not win by just ignoring your internal problems is a reasonable political opinion.

You decide to ignore it because the party fulfills other duties in your opinion and is doing enough in that regard so it's OK if they keep their alliegence to a corrupt political party.

Other people have different opinions. U have to live with it and stop calling anyone who disagrees with u as traitors.

Lebanese don't have to choose between fighting corruption or not having fitna.
    No one is tying your hands in your fight against corruption. But stop nagging all the time and instigating strife and causing divisions, when you haven't set any good examples. How many years did your party hold the ministry of energy? We still dont have electricity supply. Years back Basil promised 24/7 electricity. The money we have spent on those electricity ships and the samsara are enough to give us 24/7 power supply. You cant arrogate yourselves special powers.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    actually Bassil hinted on three different occasions now on the subject, mainly from the portal of taxation. FPM's official position is complete favor of a strong la markaziyi idariyi and separation of taxation. regardless of what it is called, the people can no longer proceed with flopped partnership.
    This means FPM realized corruption by their allies sucking the money out of the govt, and their inability to stop them except by adopting a separation of geographies.
    And who will adopt this solution, the same allie sucking the resources of the govt?