The Exploits, Excesses and Hysteria of the Black Hearted Ziad

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
irrelevant. His brother is, and when he gets leeway because his brother is a member of the party means there is corruption involved on the part of fneish. Do you really think he would get away with it if his brother wasn't part of HA?
What leeway? You are implicating his brother. It means nothing if one brother is corrupt and the other is not. Bring out the details. If both of them are corrupt, I'd be first to demand that they stand trial and go to prison. After all we arent better or richer than Iran. If the son of the former president in Iran can be locked up on corruption, and many relatives of high ranking state officials can be punished, why shouldn't we do the same? Our enemy to the south has done something similar and have punished a former president and former PM. We need to send big heads to prison. But we cant do that by just nagging and sharing blame. We need the needed laws to facilitate that and an independent judiciary.

• Advertisement
  • SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    No one is tying your hands in your fight against corruption. But stop nagging all the time and instigating strife and causing divisions, when you haven't set any good examples. How many years did your party hold the ministry of energy? We still dont have electricity supply. Years back Basil promised 24/7 electricity. The money we have spent on those electricity ships and the samsara are enough to give us 24/7 power supply. You cant arrogate yourselves special powers.
    Reverting to M14 talking points now? Hal 2add m2azzme ma3ak? Use the 'bajema' story in your next post. :lol:

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Well he expressed himself very well for me.......and i believe you understood very well his message........this is why you are going crazy about it.
    I'm not going crazy. He is crazy. And you are more crazy if you think his dumb rants means anything to others. It would be equally your loss.

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think the inflammatory response to Aswad's comments is a perfect example of sectarian influence in politics.
    Aswad, like any other Lebanese, has the right to analyze and comment on the situation.
    If you disagree with his statement, first make sure that it has been properly conveyed to you, then try as much as possible to address the point itself.
    I haven't watched the whole interview, but from the small clips here's what I think:
    - Our country mfallas wel nes je3ane (we can all agree)
    - Corruption in governance is what led us here (we can all agree)
    - Sle7 el 7ezb does not help in fighting corruption nor do we want it to help fight corruption because that would be sad and scary (ma badna fitneh wallahi!)
    --> Conclusion: something must be quickly done to fight corruption so stop prioritizing sle7kon and ignoring other things
    Hone byensa2al: teb lek, what makes you think we are prioritizing sle7na? El amren ma khasson bi ba3ed w ma tkhaf 3leyna men lahhe2 3a both.
    From my point of view, I would believe it the more I see Hezbollah taking important stances and actions to fight corruption.
    Masalan the recent "no comment" on Frangieh's statement attacking the judicial system and hiding criminals from being investigated is not a positive sign.
    The "Berri and Amal khat ahmar" approach is also not very promising.
    SHN's comment that borders with Syria can't be controlled can also be interpreted as Hezbollah simply not wanting the borders to be controlled.
    I am sure there are many more negative signs, so my question to those attacking Aswad for his comments: What are the positive signs that convince us that Hezbollah are serious about fighting corruption?
    Better take this approach then turning it into a matter of "istihdaf el Shia and khiyene 3ozma"

I think FPMers are trying to downplay Aswad's statement and absorb some of the damage, but I think what he really meant is that Lebanon is at a crossroads and HA has to choose between starvation or keeping its weapons. Or else how do you interpret his statement "Ma fina ndall 7emleen baroude w sha3bik jou3an. Badna enna2eh"

@Tayyar9 and @SeaAb can try to deny it as much as they like, but that's what Ziad Aswad really meant.

What do you think @Genius?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I think FPMers are trying to downplay Aswad's statement and absorb some of the damage, but I think what he really meant is that we're at a crossroads and HA has to choose between starvation or keeping its weapons. Or else how do you interpret his statement "Ma fina ndall 7emleen baroude w sha3bik jou3an. Badna enna2eh"

@Tayyar9 and @SeaAb can try to deny it as much as they like, but that's what Ziad Aswad really meant.

He was talking about the American POV. Man 7dar l interview, ma bizahhe2, and you'll get a clearer picture of what he meant.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

What leeway? You are implicating his brother. It means nothing if one brother is corrupt and the other is not. Bring out the details. If both of them are corrupt, I'd be first to demand that they stand trial and go to prison. After all we arent better or richer than Iran. If the son of the former president in Iran can be locked up on corruption, and many relatives of high ranking state officials can be punished, why shouldn't we do the same? Our enemy to the south has done something similar and have punished a former president and former PM. We need to send big heads to prison. But we cant do that by just nagging and sharing blame. We need the needed laws to facilitate that and an independent judiciary.
    Fneish's brother was released on bail and wasn't tried, why? You are telling me HA has nothing to do with it? Sorry but this is naive, they had a lot to do with it. If it was anyone else other than being very close to the party he would have been sent to prison.

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    No one is tying your hands in your fight against corruption. But stop nagging all the time and instigating strife and causing divisions, when you haven't set any good examples. How many years did your party hold the ministry of energy? We still dont have electricity supply. Years back Basil promised 24/7 electricity. The money we have spent on those electricity ships and the samsara are enough to give us 24/7 power supply. You cant arrogate yourselves special powers.
    Chou khass hay b hay? He had an opinion and voiced it. What makes him a fitna instigator? In that case u r instigating fitna also.

FPM is mostly flawed and made wrong decisions and leadership calls. This doesn't make the point at hand any less correct.

The country is facing these external circumstances. We shouldnt hide behind our fingers. If we want to make it through, you need a working system that can make stuff happen. Corruption in any party at which level u like is a wrong and should be condemned by all. And not hidden and protected kermel no fitna.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Reverting to M14 talking points now? Hal 2add m2azzme ma3ak? Use the 'bajema' story in your next post. :lol:
    You guys are hypocrites. Ma ba3ref kif met7emmelkon Hezballah. Ma bye3reflkon ghayr Nabih Berri. Mkabbedkon tekbeed. W ra7 tdalkon mkabbadeen. Continue your approach like prostitutes and watch your closest supporters desert you. You guys dont know min el arib w min el gharib. You experience seasonal madness.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Fneish's brother was released on bail and wasn't tried, why? You are telling me HA has nothing to do with it? Sorry but this is naive, they had a lot to do with it. If it was anyone else other than being very close to the party he would have been sent to prison.
    Until you can prove it, it remains speculation.

And where did you get your 70% and 30% from? Without FPM, Hezballah will easily get 55% of popular support across sects and across Lebanon.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    We need the needed laws to facilitate that and an independent judiciary.
    By what mechanism and through what institution are such laws passed? And who controls the levers to that institution?

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    You guys are hypocrites. Ma ba3ref kif met7emmelkon Hezballah. Ma bye3reflkon ghayr Nabih Berri. Mkabbedkon tekbeed. W ra7 tdalkon mkabbadeen. Continue your approach like prostitutes and watch your closest supporters desert you. You guys dont know min el arib w min el gharib. You experience seasonal madness.
    Please explain what you think is hypocritical in the situation. I am sincerely interested in the explanation. Please don't revert to personal attack

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Chou khass hay b hay? He had an opinion and voiced it. What makes him a fitna instigator? In that case u r instigating fitna also.

FPM is mostly flawed and made wrong decisions and leadership calls. This doesn't make the point at hand any less correct.

The country is facing these external circumstances. We shouldnt hide behind our fingers. If we want to make it through, you need a working system that can make stuff happen. Corruption in any party at which level u like is a wrong and should be condemned by all. And not hidden and protected kermel no fitna.
    Ma 7adan we2ef bi wejkon. Sheddo el hemmeh w roo7o wara Berri. Naterkon. Wlak into ness betkhafo tzaharo edem 3ayn el tineh. Badkon t7otto el Hezeb bi booz el madfa3. Insa, it will never happen.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    You’re really all over the board here. Can you summarize in a couple of sentences what your pickle with what he said is? Maybe a brief list would do.
    On my end, I don’t see what an HA supporter should get all up in arms about. An Amal supporter for sure, enno henneh bala daff byer2so...

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    He was talking about the American POV. Man 7dar l interview, ma bizahhe2, and you'll get a clearer picture of what he meant.
    He was hinting that Lebanon has to succumb to IMF's conditions because we have no other choice.
    His statement "we have to choose between starvation or HA weapons" is a tacit acceptance of the status quo.

FPM will choose the economy over HA weapons.

Genius

Genius

Legendary Member
    I think FPMers are trying to downplay Aswad's statement and absorb some of the damage, but I think what he really meant is that Lebanon is at a crossroads and HA has to choose between starvation or keeping its weapons. Or else how do you interpret his statement "Ma fina ndall 7emleen baroude w sha3bik jou3an. Badna enna2eh"

I stopped going into details of tv shows and so many gossips and opinions.

There is no state that can be built with militias getting paid by foreign terrorist states to implement their agenda.

That's my opinion and Mme Merkel. There is no need to repeat and argument or fight FPMers, they are our brothers :) allah yehdyoun hala2 ramadan

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    I genuinely don’t understand why the uproar... what did Assouad say that was not already on people’s mind...

mike89

mike89

Orange Room Supporter
    Ma 7adan we2ef bi wejkon. Sheddo el hemmeh w roo7o wara Berri. Naterkon. Wlak into ness betkhafo tzaharo edem 3ayn el tineh. Badkon t7otto el Hezeb bi booz el madfa3. Insa, it will never happen.
    That's true. I wouldn't want to do that. I use my vote and relay the responsibility in the hope that the politicians do what they promised. Who said people should kill each other? Just voice an opinion just like others do. That's no crime and nobody should be afraid of doing so. I don't see the madfa3.

Do you think amal is blackmailing HA by waving the fitna flag?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    By what mechanism and through what institution are such laws passed? And who controls the levers to that institution?
    Through the parliament.

1. Drop legal immunity MPs and state officials have
    2. Lift banking secrecy.
    3. Make obligatory asset declaration before and after political or state election/appontment.
    4. Pass a law to have judges appointed, selected or elected by a judiciary body and not appointed by politicians (the FPM itself may not like or agree to this).

If these laws dont pass in parliament, suspend your participation. That is how to fight corruption and everyone, including myself will cheer for you and join your fight and struggle. Join the protests or the opposition. That is how you fight corruption. You cant be crying about Berri obstructing you in parliament and frustrating your efforts while you are bedfellows in the same corrupt system, parliament and govt.

FPM cannot eat its cake and have it. You cant take a blurry position if you are serious about fighting corruption. You want to share all the privileges of governance and be in govt and in parliament and hold posts while you expect another party to sacrifice for your demands. That is cynical.

If you are serious about fighting corruption, get those four items presented in parliament. And if they dont pass into law, resign from parliament and join the opposition on the streets and watch me and everyone join you. You cant be an opposition within the govt.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    That's true. I wouldn't want to do that. I use my vote and relay the responsibility in the hope that the politicians do what they promised. Who said people should kill each other? Just voice an opinion just like others do. That's no crime and nobody should be afraid of doing so. I don't see the madfa3.

Do you think amal is blackmailing HA by waving the fitna flag?
    My point is it is not HA's duty to act outside its constitutional role in fighting corruption. And you cant pressure Hezballah to act a voluntary role because it is your demand. That is very selfish. And the FPM is not helpless. You have over 20 MPs in parliament. And over 10 ministers in govt. Let them all resign if certain laws to fight corruption dont pass. We all would support you.