• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

ميقاتي الأقرب إلى رئاسة الحكومة؟

• المشهد السياسي
  • الأخبار
  • الجمعة 2 تشرين الأول 2020

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
The ugly American Ambassador (safiRa) :)

I found it a bit weird (given the fact that very few even heard of him), that Saad Hariri himself blocked him from getting an interview with MTV on Monday.
If we're going to assume he plays the role of an agent, it'll make sense to assume he's a saudi one and not american.

agnostic

Legendary Member
I found it a bit weird (given the fact that very few even heard of him), that Saad Hariri himself blocked him from getting an interview with MTV on Monday.
If we're going to assume he plays the role of an agent, it'll make sense to assume he's a saudi one and not american.

The kind of information he gives let think he well connected in USA. But may be he is just a moron. See this information he gave today

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
I didn't know this information and I meant either the guy is a speculative moron either he is really well connected to know that.

Unless you mean that he's claiming that Trump is infected (which Trump already announced on his twitter) ?
i really don't understand what you consider as 'speculation' in that tweet.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Unless you mean that he's claiming that Trump is infected (which Trump already announced on his twitter) ?
i really don't understand what you consider as 'speculation' in that tweet.

I wasn't aware at all that Trump risked seriously to be infected by coronavirus, when I read Mumtaz tweet about Trump going to announce it. It seems his tweet was published when the information of Trump's infection was already known.

PS: My English is indeed confusing.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
1.a MoF for Shias is of the same level, from constitutional point of view than Head of the LA for Maronite and Governor BDL for Maronite. I already posted here the article of constitution confirming this point. Also the constitution rends unconstitutional and therefore illegal a government excluding HA. While the West with its unlimited arrogance are trying to impose

1.b you didn't reply to my point at all. You are speaking about HA being the one who decides this is another topic we can debate it separately since it is important and sophisticated to explain

2. I believe and apply that there should be no taboo in debates.

3.a Again let's put aside HA decision making. I suggest we have a separate thread for it
3.b It is true that many people in Lebanon don't respect the law. But HA are almost the only officials who don't infringe the laws.
3.c The Lebanese system is so ambiguous and rotten that no one is responsible, no one is accountable and everyone have too much freedom in interpreting the law and the constitution
3.d Taef (you can ask @I told you he won't deny it) and also bayanat wizaria allowed the Resistance and having all needed means (weapons, telecom net, etc)
3.e Where is the law that forbid them go to Syria ? And Yemen in case this is true?
3f. how many HA MEMEBERS get involved in kidnapping, shooting, etc...? Zero

4.a So you admit you didn't misunderstand my meaning but you kept in several replies willingly misinterpreting what I say. It is good to know that you employ such bias to impose your point of view and also to accuse the one with whom you debate whatever you wish. @Resign should be released to know that.
4.b everyone is entitled to believe whatever he wishes. We believe in worshipping peace but also that Israel can't make peace. You believe the opposite and that a fair peace with Israel is reachable. Bring peace and we (HA) should admit we were wrong since we claim worshipping peace.
4.c This position of mine about Lebanon making peace with Israel has never varied since I started posting in internet. If you have a problem with other posters, it is not my concern even if these posters are members of HA or just pro HA
4.d . those are bothered by the presence of the HA/Resistance have to eliminate the conditions that allow HA as Resistance, as per Taef. ie Build a strong state capable to defend the country at least from Israel
4.e We HA are not "worldly" or Tollab Dunia in Arabic. We believe that we are living biblical times that will result either in the Jewish bankers enslaving the Mankind or the Meek shall inherit the Earth as all religions including communism have promised. Of course this shouldn't impede you and me from building a "worldly" fair state
1- no it is not. One is the product of an agreement upon the establishment of the sovereign state of Lebanon, the other is a unilateral decision by one sect to monopolise one ministry and use it in an illegal manner. I answered your point, what is it that you feel I have not answered?

2- good, we agree on that

3- not true, HA and their base are just like every other group. I myself was attacked by HA thugs in my youth and threatened over a situation where I stopped theft of a resource in a construction project and was accused of “qat3 il (said resource) 3an il Moukawama”... luckily some Shiite colleagues had my back. Even after this, I still supported HA especially in the 2006 war, and thought the FPM approach of extending a hand ro them is the right one. I was under the impression that weapons would be laid down when there is no use for them anymore. I was wrong.
There are 2 laws that forbids HA from going to Syria and Yemen: 1- the lebanese law in as it forbids getting involved in military actions in any country without specific government approval 2- international law, and I am sure I don’t need to explain why
you convently slipped commenting on whether or not HA pay any taxes to TMR state in income received from sponsors...

4- I explained what I understood, And explained that in the last 2 weeks, I have realised there is no way HA would never lay down its weapons, peace or no peace. It’s behaviour and that of it’s base are clear indications. I am not advocating peace at any price, but certainly would want my elected officials and government to make the choice, not one party unilaterally and without any regards to my or my government and parliament’s position.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
@agnostic
I assume the demarcation is one of the 7 points in the agreement Khaled Momtax talked about

Lebanon is officially demarcating its borders with the ‘state of Israel’ announced by no one other than Nabih Berri ?
What are we recognizing the state of Israel now ?
سقط القناع

agnostic

Legendary Member
@agnostic
I assume the demarcation is one of the 7 points in the agreement Khaled Momtax talked about

Lebanon is officially demarcating its borders with the ‘state of Israel’ announced by no one other than Nabih Berri ?
What are we recognizing the state of Israel now ?
سقط القناع

We have to see the written not the oral statements. So far, Lebanon considers Israel as an usurping entity. We don't need to hear his yesterday statement to know that NB is bad.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
We have to see the written not the oral statements. So far, Lebanon considers Israel as an usurping entity.

Pretty simple and regardless of the text.
Who are we negotiating the border with ?
the Palestenians ?
Nope, we're negotiating a border line with the Israeli authorities.
There's a direct recognition of an israeli state and border.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Pretty simple and regardless of the text.
Who are we negotiating the border with ?
the Palestenians ?
Nope, we're negotiating a border line with the Israeli authorities.
There's a direct recognition of an israeli state and border.
Elementaire. We are negotiating via US and UN intermediaries the usurper entity. :cigar: :)