• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

• 22:21

أرسلان:
    - الشعب اللبناني لم يعد يحتمل أي أعباء إضافية وعلينا مقاربة مسألة الإصلاحاب بكل القطاعات
    - مسؤولية الدولة ونقابة الصيادلة أن تضرب بيد من حديد في مسألة الدواء وعملّية "الضب" التي تحصل بانتظار رفع الدعم عنه الأمر الذي نرفضه

• 21:53

أرسلان للمنار:
    - إذا ترأس الحريري الحكومة فمن حق الكتل النيابية تسمية وزرائها

- طبعاً لن أسمي وكتلة ضمانة الجبل سعد الحريري في الإستشارات النيابية فكل ما وصلنا إليه مالياً وإقتصادياً وأدى إلى إفلاس الدولة والشعب لا يحل بهذا الشكل الإرتجالي
    - لم نسمع أن المبادرة الفرنسية كلّفت مندوباً سامياً لها يدعى سعد الحريري
    - رئيس الجمهورية هو رمز للبلاد ومؤتمن على الدستور ولو أجريت الإستشارات بالأمس لكانت هزيلة فالأمور لا تعالج بالتحدّي والغطرسة
I don't think there will be a government before November 3rd.
Also, SH is again acting like a spoiled child.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

zero

• 22:21

أرسلان:
    - الشعب اللبناني لم يعد يحتمل أي أعباء إضافية وعلينا مقاربة مسألة الإصلاحاب بكل القطاعات
    - مسؤولية الدولة ونقابة الصيادلة أن تضرب بيد من حديد في مسألة الدواء وعملّية "الضب" التي تحصل بانتظار رفع الدعم عنه الأمر الذي نرفضه

• 21:53

أرسلان للمنار:
    - إذا ترأس الحريري الحكومة فمن حق الكتل النيابية تسمية وزرائها

- طبعاً لن أسمي وكتلة ضمانة الجبل سعد الحريري في الإستشارات النيابية فكل ما وصلنا إليه مالياً وإقتصادياً وأدى إلى إفلاس الدولة والشعب لا يحل بهذا الشكل الإرتجالي
    - لم نسمع أن المبادرة الفرنسية كلّفت مندوباً سامياً لها يدعى سعد الحريري
    - رئيس الجمهورية هو رمز للبلاد ومؤتمن على الدستور ولو أجريت الإستشارات بالأمس لكانت هزيلة فالأمور لا تعالج بالتحدّي والغطرسة
hairri or no hariri i do not want the ministers to belong to parties. this is no time for bickering, the govt needs to be able to work together as a cohesive unit. if it has to be a short term govt so be it.

zero

he is assuming the most responsibility here, he wants to be in the drivers seat. i am with him there, imagine how hard it will be to pull lebanon out of the mess we are in right now. multiply that shit by a million when you add berri, jumblatt, HA, aoun ect everyone wanting a piece of the pie. we already know that formula does not work...

plus, he did say it would only be for 6 months. if you disagree then form your own govt is what he's saying. smart thing to do imo. if HA and aoun want to form their own govt let them do so. if not, new alliances need to be formed.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
he is assuming the most responsibility here, he wants to be in the drivers seat. i am with him there, imagine how hard it will be to pull lebanon out of the mess we are in right now. multiply that shit by a million when you add berri, jumblatt, HA, aoun ect everyone wanting a piece of the pie. we already know that formula does not work...
The guy who has been prime minister like 17 times? That guy's gonna be responsible now? And everyone should trust that blindly without like 7 layers of reassurance and accountability?
plus, he did say it would only be for 6 months. if you disagree then form your own govt is what he's saying. smart thing to do imo. if HA and aoun want to form their own govt let them do so. if not, new alliances need to be formed.
Remember when they did that and he and his ally within brought it down? Fun times, so long ago. I can understand why it'd be hard to remember.

zero

The guy who has been prime minister like 17 times? That guy's gonna be responsible now? And everyone should trust that blindly without like 7 layers of reassurance and accountability?

Remember when they did that and he and his ally within brought it down? Fun times, so long ago. I can understand why it'd be hard to remember.
no, not blindly, impose conditions if you must. Going back to the old formula is not a solution, Hariri is 100% right about that. For the record hariri is definitely not my first choice as PM, but i would atleast like to see his proposal. Who are these ministers hariri wants to appoint? We havent time to waste.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
no, not blindly, impose conditions if you must. Going back to the old formula is not a solution, Hariri is 100% right about that. For the record hariri is definitely not my first choice as PM, but i would atleast like to see his proposal. Who are these ministers hariri wants to appoint? We havent time to waste.
How can a politician asks for a government lacking politicians?

Rafidi

Legendary Member

My problem is not the political bickering. My problem is the hypocrisy. When an entire sect demanded a ministry, it felt like the world was going to crash. We were enemies of Lebanon for rightfully demanding a ministry for an entire sect. A major sect in the country.

But here we are, the president is blocking nomination and formation because of his in-law. Do you really expect me to support such a move? Hell no. You betrayed us. You chose for us not to stick together. He is destroying the country just as much as we were accused of doing. Dont forget that. Our memories are not short. When you betray us, we arent standing by you. It looks like it didnt take long before the payback hit you hard into reality. Next time, know who is your friend and who is your foe and dont indiscriminately attack everyone with your loose mouths.

The president should call for consultations and let us form a govt. That is what will save the country. I dont like Saad Hariri. And I believe he shouldnt come back. But if his return will help us or bail us out, so be it. The fact is that Saad Hariri has connections and influence abroad, with the Saudis and Americans and French, that Basil doesnt have. So I dont see why an entire country should perish because of one man.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
@finyanous

·
Oct 16

حاج فالتين كلابكن عا جبران باسيل.وحاج تدفعوا اموال لتلفزيونات واعلام مرتزق لتشويه الحقايق.ليش بدو يقبل بحكومة اتفقوا فيها كل رموز الفساد؟مين قال انو الحريري واللي اتفق معهن انقاذيين؟هودي اللي اتفقوا هني ذاتهن اللي منعوا مرور اي مشروع اصلاحي.هودي هني اللي جايي التدقيق يكشفهن.

Weezy

My problem is not the political bickering. My problem is the hypocrisy. When an entire sect demanded a ministry, it felt like the world was going to crash. We were enemies of Lebanon for rightfully demanding a ministry for an entire sect. A major sect in the country.

But here we are, the president is blocking nomination and formation because of his in-law. Do you really expect me to support such a move? Hell no. You betrayed us. You chose for us not to stick together. He is destroying the country just as much as we were accused of doing. Dont forget that. Our memories are not short. When you betray us, we arent standing by you. It looks like it didnt take long before the payback hit you hard into reality. Next time, know who is your friend and who is your foe and dont indiscriminately attack everyone with your loose mouths.

The president should call for consultations and let us form a govt. That is what will save the country. I dont like Saad Hariri. And I believe he shouldnt come back. But if his return will help us or bail us out, so be it. The fact is that Saad Hariri has connections and influence abroad, with the Saudis and Americans and French, that Basil doesnt have. So I dont see why an entire country should perish because of one man.

aww it’s such a touching story. An entire sect 😢? Ya ma7rouminnn ento

Weezy

Since every major sect gets to own a ministry now, can we start calling dibs on certain ministries or it’s too early for that?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Since every major sect gets to own a ministry now, can we start calling dibs on certain ministries or it’s too early for that?

What's "dibs"?

FM/Sunnis held on to the interior for 15 years. No one said anything.

FPM/Maronites held the energy ministry for over 10 years.

Last edited:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Oct 16

حاج فالتين كلابكن عا جبران باسيل.وحاج تدفعوا اموال لتلفزيونات واعلام مرتزق لتشويه الحقايق.ليش بدو يقبل بحكومة اتفقوا فيها كل رموز الفساد؟مين قال انو الحريري واللي اتفق معهن انقاذيين؟هودي اللي اتفقوا هني ذاتهن اللي منعوا مرور اي مشروع اصلاحي.هودي هني اللي جايي التدقيق يكشفهن.

When the Shia duo were demanding the MoF, FPMers invented all sorts of flimsy arguments and logic against and made it their fight.

They asked: dont we trust Jabal Baabda anymore? Why dont we allow the president to take the MoF or allow him select a Shia and have it for himself. That we already have a veto power in parliament.

It seems the FPM no longer trust it's own president and Basil doesnt trust his father in law. If you dont want Hariri, dont nominate him and form an opposition in parliament. After all you are not the sole representatives of Christians. And Aoun is president and you can also block major decisions with your allies in parliament. Dont you trust the president and your allies? Walaw.

Weezy

What's "dibs"?

FM/Sunnis held on to the interior for 15 years. No one said anything.

FPM/Maronites held the energy ministry for over 10 years.

And both of them are willing to let go of these ministries. The constitution doesn't say a sect can own a ministry. Sleiman Franjieh was once a minister of interior and Marwan Hmadeh was an Energy minister. No sect has any right on any ministry.

Weezy

Bassil has an inferiority complex bigger than the entire country. Saad forming a government without him is the biggest slap bassil can ever take specially with the parliamentary majority and the presidency he has.