• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Like i said i would like to see what he proposes first in terms of appointed ministers before jumping to conclusions. I definitely dont prefer hariri but with the right ministers+ a conditional 6 month term+ transparency i would be okay with it for now considering our country is on the edge of total collapse. What would you like to see happen? Be more specific than "i dont want hariri".
Yeah, but the thing you’re saying (Hariri + knowing the names of the ministers + transparency in that process) is only the old with new window dressing.

I don’t care about Hariri himself specifically lol. I think that idiot shouldn’t have resigned in the first place and should’ve been forced to implement the policy reform paper he presented while a meaningful check in government and on the streets was present. Now that he did resign (and I think he did so because he never wanted to reform but wanted to make political gains on his adversaries), I don’t think he should be allowed to return on his terms. He must have a check on his power and there MUST be public accountability, i.e., he has to present the actual policy project for economic recovery and a new social pact FIRST and be publicly held accountable to implementing it. And if there’s a reason he doesn’t want the return of certain parties within his new “technocrat” government, I think we need to be honest about why (he doesn’t want that check :)).

But in terms of substance, I would like to see the following proposals, especially from a “transitional” phase:
  • A step-by-step proposal of specifically how the clientelistic economy is going to be dismantled (this is a short-term goal in addition to long-term)
  • How the debt economy is going to be fully restructured to reduce dependence on the Western creditors that Hariri el 2ab created starting with:
  • Specific sectors of the productive economy that can practically be revived
  • Manufacturing and agriculture sectors that can be invested in to produce exports
  • How, exactly, western sanctions that stop exports at, for example, Jordan’s doorstep will be dealt with so that the production will actually generate money
  • A set of principles for negotiating with the IMF
  • A series of significant banking sector reforms, including potential nationalization for banks that can’t guarantee depositors’ money
  • Implementation of meritocratic hiring process in state institutions
  • Judicial reform starting with sweeping conflict-of-interest laws that are enforced and creation of an ethics committee with enforcement powers that is independent of political parties (and wouldn’t allow the father-in-law of a deeply interested party to be the lead investigator of the port bombing)
  • Adoption and implementation of progressive taxation
  • How medicine and basic hospital supplies will be imported * by the government * as the sole negotiator in order to secure fair prices
  • A set of proposed laws that will open up the accounts for each ministry to the forensic audit firm and a committee with expertise to liaise with the firm
I, an idiot with a keyboard, in this long-form tweet thread, presented a more comprehensive political project for economic recovery than the 80-time prime minister ever has. He’s had more than a year now to at least *pretend* like he’s given a single thought to economic recovery so that he can be held accountable for specific, public proposals. I think it’s pretty obvious he hasn’t fulfilled that burden.

Now, you tell me again, why is bringing back Hariri and allowing him to name some "technocrats" without knowing his project in advance and not having any actual check on his power is not the definition of insanity?

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

• 22:12

بقرادونيان: نحن من طلبنا من الرئيس عون إرجاء الاستشارات النيابية تتمة

• 21:36

الأمين العام لحزب الطاشناق النائب هاغوب بقرادونيان لـ " وهلق شو ":
    - اذا ذهبنا الى تمايز مع التيار الوطني الحر في تسمية الحريري فلن يؤدي ذلك الى انفصال "وشو بيقّدم او بيأخر اذا ٣ نواب أرمن سمّوا الحريري"
    - الثلاثاء نتخذ قرار التسمية وليس ضرورياً أن يكون موقفنا مماثلاً لتوجه التيار الوطني الحر
    - لم يطلب منا أحد أن نطلب تأجيل الاستشارات النيابية

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
22:52 - جورج عطالله لـ"الجديد": قرار عدم تسمية الحريري اتخذ بالإجماع من النواب وليس فقط قراراً من المجلس السياسي للتيار الوطني الحر

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
@ZiadAssouad

·
35m

الطوائف لن تفرط بحقوق شريحة كبيرة منها،يعني دروز وسنة وشيعة بياخدو يللي بدهم على القطعة وبينصاعو لمطالبو،شوي تاني بيصير مطلب المسيحيين تعطيلي،مذهبي،اما الميثاقي بدها قاموس للشرح في هذا الوطن الجامع حيث مكوناته غنى لبعضها، يعني قرطة باسم العيش المشترك راجعوا
so nice ntv tonight
+++
يعني اهم شي نثبت للمجتمع الدولي قديش نحن تلاميذ شاطرين بالحساب و بالاصلاحات على حد قول احد النواب، يعني زملاء، انو ما كان عندكم الوقت تثبتوا هل الامر للشعب اللبناني وحدو ،ضروري نعمل قصاص كل سطر لون حتى نمشي،يعني فرقة نواب المجتمع الدولي للرقص بالكرباج مشفوعا بالإفلاس
ntv ce soir
+++
الدستور واضح والدعوة مش واضحة بمهلة اما التأليف فهو ابتزاز بلا مهلة ولو كان الدستور محترم منكم لما استعمل البعض ارانبه في كل محطة وتعطيل.اما الدستور فلا يشترط ان تكون المالية مخصصة لطائفة.ليلة
ntv
ليلة سطلنة سياسية ولو من كلام نواب لدورات عديدة.من لا يحترم العقول و الذاكرة لا يحترم
++++
أسوأ الناس من يعتبر ان تجارب السياسيين والميليشياويين هي تجارب ناجحة وان ننسى افعالهم واقوالهم وثرواتهم وان نحصر مشكلة لبنان بشخص او طائفة كانت مهمشة بالنفي والسجن والفوقية.انهيار البلد و نهبه بدا في ١٩٩٢ و كل تماثيل زعماء السحل والرشوة و بيع القرار للغريب لن تغيير هذه الحقيقة.

Viral

Is there any doubt in any ones mind what a selfish low life back stabber unethical coward Saad Hariri is?

That’s why Hezbollah rather deal him than someone who has a real personality carrying an unfavorable agenda. HA knows Hariri is their perfect flip flop character. They tell him jump with a big stick in their hand, he says how high with a smile.

As far as Macron goes, we need to understand there is no such think as love and charity between nations. The Lebanese need to understand Macron needs us more than we need him. Macron is a bright politician who knows how to use Fairuz and exploit our emotions so we don’t question his real motive acting more like Lebanese than French. Macron sole purpose is to block the Turkish Empire from spreading like cancer in the region through Islamism. Their involvement against Armenia and the most recent killing in France proves his concerns. Unfortunately, Macron doesn’t care or object to a proven incompetent Hariri who will certainly fail again as PM (without the support of the majority in the country) as long as he serves his objective keeping the Turkish outside. Fighting corruption and rebuilding Lebanon is secondary for Macron (and tertiary for the US). Otherwise, he should be the first one objecting to Hariri. He knows him better than most … Anyone with vision must be aware by now; Bassil is the only true and honest leader in Lebanon. He didn’t hesitate from critiquing Macron’s approach and Hariri’s return. Eventually, Bassil’s sacrifices will pay off…

NAFAR

Legendary Member
I think at this stage the question that Christians in general must answer is what they will do after the quadruple alliance is revived and after isolating them and wiping them out from the gov and the state in general.
Bassil and G3g3 must forget their selfishness and try to reconcile as there is no reason for any quarrel now other than their lust for seats and power.

Viral

Bassil and G3g3 must forget their selfishness
For God’s sake don’t mix Sha3ban bi Ramadan! Bassil and Ja3ja3 names should not be used in the same sentence. Ja3ja3 is a criminal with blood on his hands. If he’s acting like a wise politician now, on the first opportunity he will default back and in a hurry to his criminal nature.

I asked this question before: Do you feel safe sleeping in the same room with Ha3ja3?

He murdered his own people before the others. That’s why the closest ones to him are the most vulnerable being harmed by him.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Basil caused it for himself. He started shifting from his allies.

I told them on this forum a while back. That without their alliance with Hezbollah they will lose everything. Aoun will end his tenure in 2 years. And you will find yourselves out of government like in 2005. The FPMers have a weak memory. Hezballah literally got the FPM into govt after Doha. The more they are given, the more they want. They are insatiable. Always crying for a bone to remain happy. Otherwise, they attack their friends and foes alike.

There is no other solution than accepting Saad Hariri to form a new govt. FPMers once called him a reform democrat. Give him another chance. Basil is not the president or PM. He doesnt have to be in govt.
chi fazi3..pulitzer award material right there, as @SeaAb has told you many many times before, you brought down diab gvt because dince the day SH resigned u’ve been trying to get him back.
you arrogantly claim that you are throwing fpm a bone and that without doha fpm would still be out if gvt. go ahead and revive the quadruple alliance, and get fcuked over by siniora and jumblat again, music to our ears bae, you are definitely winning here so no need to be upset abt fpm m8, u have the majority with hariri go ahead and nominate him :)

Last edited:

NAFAR

Legendary Member
For God’s sake don’t mix Sha3ban bi Ramadan! Bassil and Ja3ja3 names should not be used in the same sentence. Ja3ja3 is a criminal with blood on his hands. If he’s acting like a wise politician now, on the first opportunity he will default back and in a hurry to his criminal nature.

I asked this question before: Do you feel safe sleeping in the same room with Ha3ja3?

He murdered his own people before the others. That’s why the closest ones to him are the most vulnerable being harmed by him.
Despite my personal opinion about G3g3 personality- like it or not LF represent a sizeable part of the Christians and has 15 MPs in the parliment.
The only way to save the Christians from being wiped out from this country is for FPM and LF to work together.
Most of LFers hate the guts of FPMers- I know it first hand from family and friends- and FPM must make the first move towards LF/G3g3.

Viral

Despite my personal opinion about G3g3 personality- like it or not LF represent a sizeable part of the Christians and has 15 MPs in the parliment.
The only way to save the Christians from being wiped out from this country is for FPM and LF to work together.
Most of LFers hate the guts of FPMers- I know it first hand from family and friends- and FPM must make the first move towards LF/G3g3.
If half of the Christians signed off on the Taïf accord and 30 years later they didn’t hesitate to destroy what’s left of the number one Christian office in the country because they didn’t like the person in Baabda and they wanted a Christian criminal there who killed more Christians than any another, if that’s the case., I say hell with the Christians in Lebanon, let them be slaves to the Saudis or emigrate to a country where they belong. The Druze and Shia deserve Lebanon more than the so called Christian Lebanese with an identity crisis who can’t decide if they are Arabs, Phoenicians or Armenian Europeans.

I’m saying that because identifying us as sectarian Christians instead of Lebanese nationals is taking us back to square one and we keep on turning in circles and losing more and more with every move. Can you deny that? If not, let’s change attitude and be honest about who we are and what we want.

NAFAR

Legendary Member
If half of the Christians signed off on the Taïf accord and 30 years later they didn’t hesitate to destroy what’s left of the number one Christian office in the country because they didn’t like the person in Baabda and they wanted a Christian criminal there who killed more Christians than any another, if that’s the case., I say hell with the Christians in Lebanon, let them be slaves to the Saudis or emigrate to a country where they belong. The Druze and Shia deserve Lebanon more than the so called Christian Lebanese with an identity crisis who can’t decide if they are Arabs, Phoenicians or Armenian Europeans.

I’m saying that because identifying us as sectarian Christians instead of Lebanese nationals is taking us back to square one and we keep on turning in circles and losing more and more with every move. Can you deny that? If not, let’s change attitude and be honest about who we are and what we want.
Lebanese national is not working.........FPM tried it for 15 years with Shi3a Sunnite and Druze......what is the outcome?
They all gave you the middle finger and they are setting the stage for another 30 years reign under the quadruple alliance total control while Christians are ditched in the gutters.
Bro, after Taef, a good Christian is a salve like Frangyeh........there is no room for strong free Christians....FPM is the living proof.
The only way out is Christians to unite and push for federalism (actually separation form the quadruple alliance control)

Lebanese national is not working.........FPM tried it for 15 years with Shi3a Sunnite and Druze......what is the outcome?
They all gave you the middle finger and they are setting the stage for another 30 years reign under the quadruple alliance total control while Christians are ditched in the gutters.
Bro, after Taef, a good Christian is a salve like Frangyeh........there is no room for strong free Christians....FPM is the living proof.
The only way out is Christians to unite and push for federalism (actually separation form the quadruple alliance control)

Yeh because you know Lebanese Christians always got a long very well with each other.