• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Torpedoing the financial audit and calling for a new electoral law that diminishes the Christian vote is the way to go. Your guy is on it so ma te3tal hamm. :lol:

First, the audit issue is a separate issue. Meaning I support the audit and whoever torpedoed it is corrupt and Salemeh, a Christian has a hand in it.

A new electoral law based on proportionality and Lebanon as one district is the right thing to do, even if the person calling for it is the wrong person. Using language such as "diminishing the Christian vote" means you support another law that diminishes the Muslim vote. And that is unfair. An electoral law whereby everyone is represented proportionally is not diminishing anyone's vote. If you think it is, then why should I agree for mine own vote to be diminished? I dont understand how fairness and a national and secular electoral law is viewed as diminishing someone's vote if you are not supporting the business of diminishing another person's?

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
First, the audit issue is a separate issue. Meaning I support the audit and whoever torpedoed it is corrupt and Salemeh, a Christian has a hand in it.

A new electoral law based on proportionality and Lebanon as one district is the right thing to do, even if the person calling for it is the wrong person. Using language such as "diminishing the Christian vote" means you support another law that diminishes the Muslim vote. And that is unfair. An electoral law whereby everyone is represented proportionally is not diminishing anyone's vote. If you think it is, then why should I agree for mine own vote to be diminished? I dont understand how fairness is viewed as diminishing someone's vote if you are not supporting the business of supporting another person's?
We're not going to debate this again. If you want a secular system there are preconditions that precede having an electoral law with Lebanon as 1 district. Your community is clearly not ready for them - zawej madane, 2anoon 2a7wel shakhsiyye muwa77ad and abolishing religious schools. All i hear is 2ilgha2 l ta2ifiyye l siyesiye, which won't happen without the rest of the conditions that actually allow the Lebanese to become equal citizens.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
We're not going to debate this again. If you want a secular system there are preconditions that precede having an electoral law with Lebanon as 1 district. Your community is clearly not ready for them - zawej madane, 2anoon 2a7wel shakhsiyye muwa77ad and abolishing religious schools. All i hear is 2ilgha2 l ta2ifiyye l siyesiye, which won't happen without the rest of the conditions that actually allow the Lebanese to become equal citizens.

Taef endorsed a one district law and a non sectarian parliament and a sectarian Senate. If you reject this by attaching unstipulated conditions, then you are taking us back to pre civil war days. All you have listed can be implemented as part of a package.

And wait, you are even confused. There is no where someone cant be allowed to attend a religious schools that is privately run. Of course if the school is public or govt owned, then it should not be religiously inclined. But people should have freedom to choose even in secular states. For example, while civil marriage is mandatory and legal, there is no way you can prevent people from holding religious ceremonies privately. I hope we have the same understanding on this.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Taef endorsed a one district law and a non sectarian parliament and a sectarian Senate. If you reject this by attaching unstipulated conditions, then you are taking us back to pre civil war days. All you have listed can be implemented as part of a package.

And wait, you are even confused. There is no where someone cant be allowed to attend a religious schools that is privately run. Of course if the school is public or govt owned, then it should not be religiously inclined. But people should have freedom to choose even in secular states. For example, while civil marriage is mandatory and legal, there is no way you can prevent people from holding religious ceremonies privately. I hope we have the same understanding on this.
Ya zalame, zawej madane 2IKHTIYERE was rejected. Why are we even discussing any of this? The community is mostly backward, bala tedyee3 wa2et..

The_FPMer

What you're advocating for is akin to saying why not let a 5th grader skip all the remaining years and apply for a university entrance exam? Because he needs to accumulate all the knowledge and information needed in order for him to pass the tests give to him in university. A secular system is grown from below and not imposed from above. You need the right culture and beliefs to make it work.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ya zalame, zawej madane 2IKHTIYERE was rejected. Why are we even discussing any of this? The community is mostly backward, bala tedyee3 wa2et..

I am 100% for zawaj madane. Religious ceremonies should be optional and in private. And dont make it seem like only one side is opposed to zawaj madane. Even the Maronite church is opposed. All sectarian leaders are opposed because they will lose relevance and not because they care for their people or for the country.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
I am 100% for zawaj madane. Religious ceremonies should be optional and in private. And dont make it seem like only one side is opposed to zawaj madane. Even the Maronite church is opposed. All sectarian leaders are opposed because they will lose relevance and not because they care for their people or for the country.
FPM has always been ready to move forward with it without the approval of Bkerki. Anyways, as i said, it's a lost cause and doesn't really concern me anymore.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

If I may expand further on your above assumption, being backward, being sectarian and being religious are entirely three different things.

There are backward people who are not sectarian. There are sectarian people who are not backward. There are sectarian people who are not religious. There are religious people who are not sectarian. Basil and Geagea are not backward but they are sectarian to the bone.

You want to convince me that people who daily insult and curse God are religiously minded? Or people who cant stop smoking during Ramadan? Religion no longer has a bearing on most of our people. They may be sectarian because of the environment and its laws. But many if not most are not religiously conscious. The religious ones belong to a party. The rest are divided between practicing and non practicing. The non practicing may even be more. What keeps them sectarian is the environment and its laws. So they feel discriminated against and the survival instinct to draw into their community as a distinct entity.

agnostic

Legendary Member

The one who is threatening as per her twitter profile

The Lebanese are now petrified.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I blame Hezbollah for Berri torpedoing the forensic audit.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Lol inta ktir 2awe...Somalia ma3on yishtro 1 COVID test? Ma ma3on yeklo 🤦‍♂️

Bla bla bla... US has the highest number of infections worldwide and Americans are still allowed to visit Dubai. This is purely political

Edit: @Robin Hood know the background story before liking posts shmel yameen

agnostic

Legendary Member
Any Zeinab can easily take this Deir El Ahmar hoe down.
bro how could you fall to sectarian speech only after some provocations from a little teenager. Bass halla2 bainetna I have always had a weakness to watch girls and ladies (not lady boys) wrestling. Since such wrestling is 7aram to be showed to public, one can marry a Marnoushiye and a Alloushiye to assist to such wrestlings in private 7alal.