• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This guy is a shiite heavily pro HA
but he gained my respect when he confessed the following (regardless if i fully agree or not)
Watch just the 1.5 minutes from 43:50 to 45:15

When I open the video it started directly from 43:450. How did you do that?

Rafidi

Legendary Member

No one is going to apologize for calling what is stipulated in Taef and calling for what is fair, just and equal and for a modern electoral law. No one threatened civil war if a fair electoral law is not passed. The parliament eventually has to be elected through a nonsectarian law and a sectarian senate to be established. This is what Berri is calling for and in my opinion, too late. This should have been done a long time ago. Whoever thinks he can delay the inevitable of what must be done will face dire consequences in the longer run. It will take us eventually to pre Taef days. What Berri is calling for is based on Taef. If you dont want Taef or you want it abolished or stalled, you are the ones taking us backwards. We must transition from a sectarian state to a normal, sane, modern and civil state. We are no longer ready to continue to live as captives in our country or be held to ransom because some people want to enjoy privileges and special treatment. It is either a country or a jungle, which we already have.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I’m with NAFAR. Let the system collapse. Let any normal person know if there is no hope so they can leave instead of staying another 20 years working to make money for Berri and Saleme.

If I’m FPM I call on paying zero taxes and zero anything to this state as long as Berri and Saleme control it’s finances.

What taxes do you pay in your own personal life that I do not pay? All taxes in Lebanon are indirect taxation. There is no legal tax you pay that others are not obliged to pay. If you dont pay taxes, others too will refuse to. And not only that, you will not get even the tiny services you get.

agnostic

Legendary Member
What taxes do you pay in your own personal life that I do not pay? All taxes in Lebanon are indirect taxation. There is no legal tax you pay that others are not obliged to pay. If you dont pay taxes, others too will refuse to. And not only that, you will not get even the tiny services you get.

Probably he is speaking about the companies who are favored as public contractors. These always brag about paying taxes. Ya3ne birab7una jmile men jaibet 'dawle.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I am not lying at all........I call for a federal Christian state that is the only way of surviving for Christians amid this ME jungle..........it is a necessity since the failure of secularism and multicultural societies is very obvious in all the Muslim world......... otherwise better for Christians to pack their bags and take the sea for good.

I am calling for abolishing Lebanon, since it is an artificial creation by the colonial master and since it is a failed state. We should join Syria, and Jordan, and Iraq and hopefully, Palestine. This is the historical Levant. You will survive alongside the other Christians in Jordan, and Syria and Iraq. At least joining Syria should be very easy to do. And dont tell me Christains got persecuted in Iraq. They did after the US invaded. Under secular Saddam, as infamous as he was, the Iraqi PM was Christian. Even to this day, the Christians sought refuge in Karabala when the western created ISIS rampaged through Iraq and targeted other faiths.

You want a federal state or partition. We dont want either. If not, we choose to join Syria. Form your federal state in Bsharri alone without us. We will take away with us every inch where we have a presence and we will send you every Maronite from our areas. If that is what you want, it is your business. You cant give poeple options to either be held captives with half rights or you want a divided country. If you want to divide, the division should be complete and permanent. An end to Lebanon of 1920. Choose.

Taef has set a roadmap...either abide by it, or you want to go to Pre Taef days. That is the pre Taef mess all over again.

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think you are wrong.
It was when Berri was proposing a new electoral law. Raed I think said they were told the current law is the best one and why do we need a new law for every election?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

agnostic

Legendary Member
It was when Berri was proposing a new electoral law. Raed I think said they were told the current law is the best one and why do we need a new law for every election?

Details and exact context are important. Anyway, in principle, HA always repeat they are open to discuss any proposal to improve the situation in the country.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

That is not true. Hezballah has always asked for a one district law with proportionality and based on the Taef roadmap. If that is not possible, then we remain with the current law. That has always been the stance.

Your ranting is now diverting into lying.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
That is not true. Hezballah has always asked for a one district law with proportionality and based on the Taef roadmap. If that is not possible, then we remain with the current law. That has always been the stance.

Your ranting is now diverting into lying.
Wallah I heard him say that. They probably won't back a law not backed by FPM.