• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Can we change the electoral law without Christian approval?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

No.

That is not the point.

It seems you have been brainwashed to imagine it is always obligatory for HA to follow the footsteps of FPM. But there are instances the FPM refuses to support HA and turns its back. FPM always advertises their notion on building the state. It seems they only care about building the state or the so called fight against corruption when their political rivals are at the receiving end. Other than witch hunting, they dont care about state building. When it genuinely involves building the state and moving towards a just, fair and modern state, one that would see sectarian monopolies crashing, the FPM is not interested in building such a state. Why is the FPM justified in rejecting state building through the adoption of a modern, secular, fair electoral law? This is a fair question, especially that it is stipulated in the Taef accord.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No.

That is not the point.

It seems you have been brainwashed to imagine it is always obligatory for HA to follow the footsteps of FPM. But there are instances the FPM refuses to support HA and turns its back. FPM always advertises their notion on building the state. It seems they only care about building the state or the so called fight against corruption when their political rivals are at the receiving end. Other than witch hunting, they dont care about state building. When it genuinely involves building the state and moving towards a just, fair and modern state, one that would see sectarian monopolies crashing, the FPM is not interested in building such a state. Why is the FPM justified in rejecting state building through the adoption of a modern, secular, fair electoral law? This is a fair question, especially that it is stipulated in the Taef accord.
If you ask Christians, I think they want to rule again. Lebanon was much better back then.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Also, don't we have more important things that the electoral law right now? Berri I'd trying to change the subject from him torpedoing the forensic audit to the electoral.law.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It will take a long time to agree on what constitutional amendments to do while the economy is sinking. What's the use of another electoral law if the country ceases existing?

oldschool

What taxes do you pay in your own personal life that I do not pay? All taxes in Lebanon are indirect taxation. There is no legal tax you pay that others are not obliged to pay. If you dont pay taxes, others too will refuse to. And not only that, you will not get even the tiny services you get.

Who said anything about whether you pay or don’t pay taxes? Can you get your head out of your stupid complexes for once in your life?

If you’re fine with berri and Saleme doing whatever they want go ahead.

I don’t want the services anymore.