• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

Rafidi

Legendary Member
The two posts of mine regarding the electoral law and containing tweets have been moved to the appropriate thread at my behest. You can find them at "who will you vote for in the next election".

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Shut up! You rant too much one line nonsense. We wont become like any country, with due respect to Haiti. We have an option. We need our politicians to grow a pair. We had a chance. The FPM did not use it. They were scared of American sanctions on Basil. Now the sanctions are there. So what do we do? Seek Chinese assistance and partnership to revive our economy. In fact, cancel exploration deals with Eni and Total. These Europeans cant do anything for us. Get a Chinese company to do the exploration. Give China the port to reconstruct under a lease and let us give them a concession to transit their goods and build warehouses. The Chinese can reform the agriculture sector in Lebanon and we will be sufficient in terms of food production and we will have a surplus to export to Iraq, East Asia, Africa and Latin America, if those camel breeders dont want to patronize us because they are evil and prefer Israehelli products. We have options. Our leaders should stop putting themselves first and put their people first. Let's first see what the Biden administration holds for us. Otherwise, turning to China with our legs wide open would be inevitable.

And I dont believe Hariri would be PM for long even if he succeeds eventually to form a govt. He will either be instructed to resign through a remote control dictate or others will resign and bring down his government or the parliament will be used to force his govt to resign through a vote of no confidence. Hariri is not independent and not free. He is controlled. He cant lead us as a brave, courageous, independent and patriotic leader. He has too many foreign appendages. If you are to turn to China, you need a Diab. Otherwise if Hariri returns and succeed in convincing foreign donors and gets help from the Gulf or the West, it would be the same corruption and power sharing and dividing the treasury for his pocket, his cronies and those who will cover for him, including Berri. This is not what we need as Lebanese. If Hariri can get us out of the present mess, and I doubt he can, he isnt still what we need for the future. He is part of the corrupt lot.
Suppose China comes. How do you make sure the revenue doesn't go to the corrupt?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

JB81

Legendary Member
If you ask Christians, I think they want to rule again. Lebanon was much better back then.

With all the corruption pre-1975, Lebanon was # 1 in everything in the ME; with 0 debt.

Since Christians lost, Lebanon is becoming the $hit of the arab world. Sectarian warlords took over, making sure that Christians won't submerge again; with it drowning Lebanon deeper in the hole. Lebanon without an active and effective Christian role is deem to fail; actually, it is a failed state.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
With all the corruption pre-1975, Lebanon was # 1 in everything in the ME; with 0 debt.

Since Christians lost, Lebanon is becoming the $hit of the arab world. Sectarian warlords took over, making sure that Christians won't submerge again; with it drowning Lebanon deeper in the hole. Lebanon without an active and effective Christian role is deem to fail; actually, it is a failed state.
Our biggest mistake was independence. 18 sects in such a sma area can't work.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

It was Christians who legitimized Palestinian military presence in Lebanese and then dragged them into violence by carrying out one massacre after the other.
It was a Christian who governed the central bank for 27 years and plunged the country in its worst banking crisis thanks to his "financial engineering".

You sure it wasn't Christians who destroyed whatever legacy Fouad Chehab had left?

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
وطنية - غرد الوزير السابق سليم جريصاتي، عبر "تويتر": "إن من ينتظر حلول كانون الثاني واستحقاقاته الدولية لتأليف الحكومة، يكون قد بلغ مرحلة رفع الأيدي استسلاما".

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
وطنية - غرد الوزير السابق سليم جريصاتي، عبر "تويتر": "إن من ينتظر حلول كانون الثاني واستحقاقاته الدولية لتأليف الحكومة، يكون قد بلغ مرحلة رفع الأيدي استسلاما".
Too bad no one can remove Hariri.

Rafidi

Legendary Member

UAE stops issuing new visas to citizens of 13 Arab and Muslim-majority countries​

There has been no official explanation as to why the countries, which include Turkey, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Yemen, were targeted by the ban

By MEE and agencies
Published date: 25 November 2020 13:24 UTC|Last update: 4 hours 9 mins ago

The United Arab Emirates has stopped issuing new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim-majority countries, including Iran, Syria, Turkey, Tunisia, Lebanon, Somalia, Yemen and Algeria.

According to Reuters, the decision was seen in a document issued by a state-owned business park, which was sent to companies operating in the park.

The document cited an immigration circular that came into effect on 18 November.

It said applications for new employment and visit visas had been suspended for nationals who are outside the UAE of the 13 countries - which also include Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Kenya, and Iraq - until further notice.

It was not clear if there were any exceptions to the ban.

The move comes in contrast to the UAE’s decision to waive visas for Israeli citizens following a controversial normalisation agreement signed in September. The agreement was perceived by Palestinian and Arab public opinion as an act of betrayal of the struggle against Israeli occupation.

The UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship had no immediate comment when contacted by Reuters.

A source briefed on the matter told Reuters the UAE had temporarily stopped issuing new visas to Afghans, Pakistanis and citizens of several other countries over security concerns.

The source did not say what those concerns were, but said the visa ban was expected to last for a short period.

Last week, Pakistan’s foreign ministry said the UAE had stopped processing new visas for its citizens and those of some other countries.

It said it was seeking information from the UAE on the reason for the suspension, but that it thought it was related to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Pakistani ministry and the source said those holding valid visas were not affected by the new restrictions and could enter the UAE.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Where was the bassira when alloushes heavily supported Hariri nomination?
Alloushes are hypocrites

I'd like to weigh in
Speaking of hypocrisy
You got the presidency carrying 'Hariri for the duration of the 3ahd' flag
Kellon anyak men ba3don.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Where was the bassira when alloushes heavily supported Hariri nomination?
Alloushes are hypocrites
heavily supported Hariri nomination?

Hariri was imposed by the French that Marnoushe is still running after. HA has only given a chance to the French and its filthy initiative to please Marnoushe. HA are eager to go East and give a kick on the butt of the French.

Any other questions or remarks!?

# Alloushe Is Full Of Patience And Bassira

Last edited: