• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

Venom

Legendary Member
4h

الرئيس الفرنسي ماكرون تمنّى على الرئيس عون دعوة كافة القوى السياسية بقوّة لأن تضع جانباً مصالحها الشخصية والطائفية والفئوية من اجل تحقيق مصلحة لبنان العليا وحدها ومصلحة الشعب اللبناني، مؤكداً عمل فرنسا وشركائها لعقد مؤتمر لدعم الشعب اللبناني
Sanctions , freeze their assets , boycott.
The Lebanese politicians are the worst kind of creatures.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Not true.
You pretend that HA have worldly goals in particular for the use of its weapons or for increasing Shia share.
I pretend the opposite and justify my saying with the huge sacrifices HA already consented and that no worldly goals could be worth of these sacrifices.
You quote me and almost every single time to say nonsenses without addressing the points in my post that you quote.
Show one decision HA did which was not in its best interest... talk is cheap.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You accuse. It is up to you to prove your accusations.
And I maintain that HA huge sacrifices are enough proofs that his goals are not worldly.
i am not accusing, i am challenging you to show me one "sacrifice" that HA did which did not serve its purpose... you maintaining it is by no means proof of anything... except maybe your bias.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If it is about purpose, I repeat you that there is no worldly purpose that is worth the huge sacrifices HA have consented.

if it is about sacrifice, the life of thousands of youth and commandants.
Let’s stick with what you consider a sacrifice. The lives of the thousands of youth and commandants are a direct impact of having armed forces, so serves the purpose of HA. It is not a sacrifice. At least not in my opinion.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They want to change the regional balance of power and then they will flex their muscles internally (not saying necessarily weapons) + betting on heavy reproduction to change the demography internally and impose definitive change
Right?
Of course they will do all that while begging for food. شحادين

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Someone tells him that Trump will leave the White House on the 20th of January 2025.

The map is red.

Dont bet that biden is going to win... Some one tells bassil not to put his head with the Americans especially trump... its an Advice..

Shiites didnt care about us, they wanted Armenians to be slaughtered... []... Its the World VS Muslims... Get ready for it..

The next 4 years are tough....
Did you sleep through the last two week?

agnostic

Legendary Member
Let’s stick with what you consider a sacrifice. The lives of the thousands of youth and commandants are a direct impact of having armed forces, so serves the purpose of HA. It is not a sacrifice. At least not in my opinion.

Our values and goals (at least the ones each of us pretend) are indeed light years distant.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Assuming their calculations are not “worldly,” they nevertheless need to interact with the world in order to reach their objectives, otherwise they wouldn’t have members in the parliament.

Isn’t politics a worldly thing? Don’t they use cash to purchase their weaponry? Isn’t that worldly as well?

Hezbollah’s habit of ignoring Reality is clearly not sustainable.

Islam is a religion of the spiritual and worldly. What @agnostic meant is that Hezballah are not motivated by worldly rewards. It doesnt however mean they are not part of this world.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Our values and goals (at least the ones each of us pretend) are indeed light years distant.
Indeed they are... when HA are ready to have a discussion about a future where we live together under one state without armed militias, we can have a discussion. Until then, it’s unfortunately a question of choosing the lesser evil. The gulf states chose Israel, the Lebanese sunnis will likely soon follow, the Lebanese christians are divided into likely pro-Israel (LF, Kataeb) and likely pro-HA (FPM, frangieh), and this is mostly balanced and probably tops more towards HA. I think you have Frangieh guaranteed, the question is, what does it take to keep FPM? And importantly, how does FPM maintain its size to remain relevant?

NewLeb

Islam is a religion of the spiritual and worldly. What @agnostic meant is that Hezballah are not motivated by worldly rewards. It doesnt however mean they are not part of this world.

Then Hezbollah are liars, for it is only by material rewards that they can achieve their earthly objectives.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Then Hezbollah are liars, for it is only by material rewards that they can achieve their earthly objectives.

What is hard for you to understand that they are not motivated by material rewards but by the rewards for the afterlife? Or let us say they are more motivated by the reward for the afterlife since human nature makes it hard for us to 100% divorce our attraction to the world.