• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative [Saad Hariri renamed as PM]

If you were able to liberate lebanon, why don't you liberate shebaa and jerusalem while you are at it?
Israelis left for many different reasons... only fools still think it was a divine victory.

Ya khayye, I don't care about Palestinian cause and I'm against Amal/HA duo I hope they get sanctioned, suffer and die just like the rest of the political elite. but saying that Israel had no intention in staying in occupied Lebanese territories in the South is pure non sense.

They left after they made sure that piece of land poses no threat to them anymore.
Simple as that.

After 18 years? LOL , again non sense.

Sheik Farid el Khazen visited the Patriarch today. The latter informed him that Aoun will soon step down, because the new wave of sanctions will include part of the Aoun clan, and that Sheik Farid is most favorite.

Farid el Khazen is the person the most able in the current situation to become the president.

He is very close to all parties except FPM.

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Ya khayye, I don't care about Palestinian cause and I'm against Amal/HA duo I hope they get sanctioned, suffer and die just like the rest of the political elite. but saying that Israel had no intention in staying in occupied Lebanese territories in the South is pure non sense.

Mate
If the Israelis had any intentions to stay in southern Lebanon, they'd be still there till this very moment and our friends @Rafidi and @agnostic here would be communicating with us in hebrew now.
What exactly are you trying to say ?
that Hezbollah kicked Israel out of southern Lebanon ?

Genius

Legendary Member

They would have annexed slowly land and occupied it.
Israelis do not have the demographics to do so. Time to join reality.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
We do not need fair weather friends, whose loyalty is only in good times. If that is what you are describing, we are better of without such friends or allies. You have to be allies in sweet and bitter times. That is what Amal is to Hezballah. Allies in good and bad times. And that's how we can build a country. Not disembark when the going gets stormy. We arent scared of hunger, sanctions, taking the right decisions. For God's sake, March 8 + FPM have a majority in parliament and a majority of Lebanese behind them. We can free ourselves. Let the West boycott us. We will aggressively turn East. Bring in the Chinese and the Russians. Turn Lebanon into a Chinese financial and commercial hub on the Mediterranean. It needs balls. Aoun is old and his balls are wrinkled and dangling. I wont blame him. But Basil is not old. He should man up and stay firm with his allies or make his stance clear. With us or against us.
Mwaffa2 laken, it is now only a matter of time.
This has nothing to do with bad times and everything to do with FPM's raison d'etre for many of its supporter and the fact that the coalition actively worked against it and killed it. Imagine the coalition actively pushing against HA's goals, they would leave it as well whether in good times or bad.
The die has been cast.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
The Shia have tolerated and coexisted with the PM post occupied by Sunnis for 77 years after independence.

The Shia have tolerated and coexisted with the presidency post occupied by Maronites for 77 years after independence.

Can the Sunni tolerate and coexist with the PM post occupied by a Shia for only 7 years?

Can the Maronite tolerate and coexist with the presidency occupied by a Shia for only 7 years?

If not, then this is where the root and the cause of the greater corruption lies.
Man, seriously, why do you think you need to justify your sectarian position to someone whose party objected the appointment of forest guards based on pure sectarian reasons.. forest guards ya ahla el 3alam.

Guess Gebran wasn't expecting that his sectarian approach will backfire :).

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Who's protecting the political class ??
Who did not want Hariri to resign after Oct 2019
Who worked day and night to bring Hariri back before and after Diab ?
Who's protecting Berri ?
Who closed the country for 2 years to place their stooge in Baabda ?
Who brought us sanctions and international boycott ?
Who ? :)
You just showed us how dumb and ignorant you are in a previous post. You think I am into debating someone with your IQ? lol

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
what the hell are you talking about? Adib refused to talk to anyone. Macron was negotiating the formation of the gorvernment? As despicable as this sounds, he was not. He just informed Berri that the Shia will not have the ministry of Finance..2al negotiations 2al.. la feek tsami wouzara2ak wala btekhod el maleyye :). Habibi, they want the ministry of finance to rob the country just like they did after the civil war with Saniora. w Kermal ma tjeble seeret berri inno corrupt (He is). They can suggest any other Shia who is pro resistance and anti privatization/anti banking sector. This is the only way you bring balance to the government. amma inno tetrek kel shi b 2eed el faransi w 14 azar... b3eeede 3ala sharafon.
Worse: it was Siniora who was cooking the government. And we know how corrupt he is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Rafidi

Legendary Member
My point in this post is that recent events blurred/erased any distinction between Amal and HA for anyone but their supporters.
Personally, I don't think they are the same entity when it comes to their motivations and goals which differ. That being said, this joined at the hip policy blurred all distinctions.

Are you willing to sacrifice all you have worked for since the return of Aoun because of foreign threats and internal rogues? Electoral law, fair representation in parliament and govt for the FPM, Aoun as president, parliamentary majority with your allies, etc. and now you want to hand over the country to March 14, who are now a minority, under a French cloak? It makes no sense.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Mate
If the Israelis had any intentions to stay in southern Lebanon, they'd be still there till this very moment and our friends @Rafidi and @agnostic here would be communicating with us in hebrew now.

You dont realize you are contradicting yourself? You just mentioned how they're still at the Shebaa farms among other few places. And you say they had no intention to stay? So what are they still doing at Shebaa, Kfar Shoobah, Ghajr etc? Picnic?

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
You just showed us how dumb and ignorant you are in a previous post. You think I am into debating someone with your IQ? lol

Oh so you are convinced that Hezbollah kicked the Israelis out southern Lebanon yet they couldn't liberate Shebaa farms in 20 years ?
We're not debating here buddy
it's just me showing you how wrong and blind you are
LOL

They would have annexed slowly land and occupied it.
Israelis do not have the demographics to do so. Time to join reality.

They wanted but they couldn't. idea was annexing Litani river up to Saida (including Tyre).

Oh I'm pragmatic I believe we should move on and try to build a state and not live in the past anymore, but saying sh*t like Israelis couldn't care less about the South is pure BS and the reason why so many Shias are defensive, especially that the local southerners suffered an immense amount of pain under the 18 year occupation and SLA.

Mate

They were forced out, live with it this was reality. if you don't believe so not my problem.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Are you willing to sacrifice all you have worked for since the return of Aoun because of foreign threats and internal rogues? Electoral law, fair representation in parliament and govt for the FPM, Aoun as president, parliamentary majority with your allies, etc. and now you want to hand over the country to March 14, who are now a minority, under a French cloak? It makes no sense.
how did u get to that conclusion from wat he wrote, chi ghareeb

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Mwaffa2 laken, it is now only a matter of time.
This has nothing to do with bad times and everything to do with FPM's raison d'etre for many of its supporter and the fact that the coalition actively worked against it and killed it. Imagine the coalition actively pushing against HA's goals, they would leave it as well whether in good times or bad.
The die has been cast.

You need to know you are just a part of a minority, like others. You cant rule alone. You cant monopolize power in a divided country, except through war. You are free to be fair weather friends.

The moment Adib forms his March 14 govt, Aoun's removal would be their next target. At best, they will treat him like they treated Lahood. You have a majority with your allies. You have the right and power to rule. Grow a pair and stand firm.

elAshtar

Legendary Member
Oh so you are convinced that Hezbollah kicked the Israelis out southern Lebanon yet they couldn't liberate Shebaa farms in 20 years ?
We're not debating here buddy
it's just me showing you how wrong and blind you are
LOL
I am just letting you know that I am adding you to the ignoring list.