• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No even if 1 Christian is left, this Christian will elect 64 MPs. That’s what Gebran promised him.

so Christians should ignore the economic collapse driving Christians away and focus on getting more ministers named by bassil
The Christians and the Muslims are leaving, and economic collapse will hurt all equally.
quite telling I think that you are attempting to blackmail the Christian electorate: do what we want or suffer the consequences. Things don’t work that way, and you will see people back Bassil, who would not in other circumstances.
We will not be blackmailed by HA/Berri, and we will not be blackmailed by Hariri/Joumblat.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I'm saying the economic condition is a much more enormous catastrophe that must be neutralized than few ministries that you can recuperate later if the ranks get strengthened. FPM and LF in their silly one-dimensional rapacious nature went after political power totally neglecting the people and the reality of the country. The more seats they got the more Christians were emigrating under their watch.
And I think that everybody needs to chip in not just FPM and LF.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I like how you speak with a commanding tone thinking you’re in a position to impose your demands. Gebran got you on a cloud with him.

What else do you command?
I like how you think you can blackmail the Christian electorate and their representatives into submission, as if the economic collapse or immigration is only on the Christian electorate’s side...

JB81

Legendary Member
I like how you speak with a commanding tone thinking you’re in a position to impose your demands. Gebran got you on a cloud with him.

What else do you command?

ممكن عم إحكي هيك لأن في شي بالعربي إسمو

الحق سلطان

The_FPMer

So per the CIA Facebook: Lebanon - The World Factbook

“Muslim 61.1% (30.6% Sunni, 30.5% Shia, smaller percentages of Alawites and Ismailis), Christian 33.7% (Maronite Catholics are the largest Christian group), Druze 5.2%, very small numbers of Jews, Baha'is, Buddhists, and Hindus (2018 est.)
note: data represent the religious affiliation of the citizen population (data do not include Lebanon's sizable Syrian and Palestinian refugee populations); 18 religious sects recognized”

I think you are taking a bit of a defeatist attitude. A war is a huge loss to everyone, just Look at Syria... outside of a war, giving up your rights means you will not get them back, and this is what believe HA/Berri are trying to establish via the dibs on the ministry of Finance for example. They are establishing a precedent and Hariri is following suit with the ministry of interior, this is the huge mistake of GMA and Bassil... they should refuse all this sh!t about dibs by a sect.
The economy can be recovered as well and arguably faster, you give up your rights under the constitution, like what we did in 1990, is a huge blunder. We will be back in 30 years talking about how “Aoun and geagea through their stupidity gave up the Christian representation”... instead we are likely to say their endless bickering didn’t allow us to hold on to our representation...

There is no country and no stability outside of a full respect of each sect for the other and trust between them. Currently this trust is non-existent. I disagree with your assessment, you want us to commit political suicide, for a quick buck...
I have a defeatist attitude because it feels like I'm cheering for a football team who's losing 4 - 0 with 2 red cards and a doofus manager. The economy will never recover like it was even 2018. I don't think you're aware of the economic catastrophe that we're in, add to that 3isabit el 7aramiyye that governs the country ya3tik el 3afye. We're a non-productive country, you cannot balance the losses in a few years even of the West gave us billions of dollars no questions asked. Ya zalame circa 2009-2011 the Maronite church wanted to donate a big chunk of land to establish a free economic zone to be used to build tech companies, emo 2yeme kif hayda bi dor tawezon ta2ife, instead of following suit and doing the same in other areas.

What you're afraid of will never be taken away as it's written legalese. Leh fekrak baddo yrou7o 3ala mo2tamar ta2sise, you take that away. As long as you have the numbers and economically strong, they can't entertain this option. Even if Christians didn't name one minister, if they fortify their positions, they can come back and ask for half later. Moreover I think you're overestimating Lebanese politicians' power and forgetting the influence of foreign ones. If FPM start behaving rationally and shrewdly, the French won't allow any PM to marginalize them.

Weezy

Legendary Member
The Christians and the Muslims are leaving, and economic collapse will hurt all equally.
quite telling I think that you are attempting to blackmail the Christian electorate: do what we want or suffer the consequences. Things don’t work that way, and you will see people back Bassil, who would not in other circumstances.
We will not be blackmailed by HA/Berri, and we will not be blackmailed by Hariri/Joumblat.

Im not blackmailing. Christians in general have more opportunities to move abroad and immigrate than Muslims. And Muslims are more capable of surviving poverty in Lebanon because they don’t have a way out.

so due to these two factors, an economic collapse will push Christians away way more than Muslims.

Weezy

Legendary Member
I like how you think you can blackmail the Christian electorate and their representatives into submission, as if the economic collapse or immigration is only on the Christian electorate’s side...

It mostly is. People in Tripoli will try to escape in boats and mostly fail.. whereas Christians have more doors open to them in Europe/Canada/us etc

The_FPMer

@JustLeb

Pragmatism coming from a revolutionary friend
Shou ma fhemet? Inno ana revolutionary and therefore because the protest failed what I told you was false? What are you talking about man? Stop trying to use distractions 3al fade, you're being silly and childish.

Pragmatism from The Master himself:

Persecution Will Come

“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise (sometimes translated as shrewd) as serpents and innocent as doves."
Matthew 10:16

Last edited:

Imperator

So per the CIA Facebook: Lebanon - The World Factbook

“Muslim 61.1% (30.6% Sunni, 30.5% Shia, smaller percentages of Alawites and Ismailis), Christian 33.7% (Maronite Catholics are the largest Christian group), Druze 5.2%, very small numbers of Jews, Baha'is, Buddhists, and Hindus (2018 est.)
note: data represent the religious affiliation of the citizen population (data do not include Lebanon's sizable Syrian and Palestinian refugee populations); 18 religious sects recognized”

I think you are taking a bit of a defeatist attitude. A war is a huge loss to everyone, just Look at Syria... outside of a war, giving up your rights means you will not get them back, and this is what believe HA/Berri are trying to establish via the dibs on the ministry of Finance for example. They are establishing a precedent and Hariri is following suit with the ministry of interior, this is the huge mistake of GMA and Bassil... they should refuse all this sh!t about dibs by a sect.
The economy can be recovered as well and arguably faster, you give up your rights under the constitution, like what we did in 1990, is a huge blunder. We will be back in 30 years talking about how “Aoun and geagea through their stupidity gave up the Christian representation”... instead we are likely to say their endless bickering didn’t allow us to hold on to our representation...

There is no country and no stability outside of a full respect of each sect for the other and trust between them. Currently this trust is non-existent. I disagree with your assessment, you want us to commit political suicide, for a quick buck...
Both are wrong
Christians are 37 percent on electoral lists in 2021
These are the only official figures
Everything else is speculative

The_FPMer

Both are wrong
Christians are 37 percent on electoral lists in 2021
These are the only official figures
Everything else is speculative
Enta 7esebon am you read them online? I remember in 2009, Christians were 38%, doesn't seem logical just a one percent drop in 9 years.

Weezy

Legendary Member
The example is accurate. It is not about Guy Bandou2's ego but about what's right. You don't insist on Guy to remove his parked car only because Sattoul el Hara says so, when he's the one causing the traffic jam.
With your logic applied everywhere, after the money arrives, your bully PM would do everything in his ja7shanto to further screw you, putting any condition he wants on anything and you'd be obliged to approve and move on..

Truth is is, both muslims and christians are losers as long as a loser PM like this one exists in Lebanese politics.

I have another truth for you, all lebanese became ugly losers the minute Aoun reached the presidency

Imperator

Enta 7esebon am you read them online? I remember in 2009, Christians were 38%, doesn't seem logical just a one percent drop in 9 years.
Taib that the numbers in 2018 elections meaning the numbers are stabilizing
مجموع الناخبين المسجلين
مجموع الناخبين الذكور
مجموع الناخبات الاناث
That’s the number this year 2021
Around 2,3 /2,4 million Muslims
1,4/1,5 million Christians
750,000 Maronite
250,000 orthodox
170,000 Catholic
100,000 Armenian
More than 100,000 divers Christians( Latin , Protestant , syryan , Copts etc,,?
More or less

Last edited:

The_FPMer

Taib that the numbers in 2018 elections meaning the numbers are stabilizing
مجموع الناخبين المسجلين
مجموع الناخبين الذكور
مجموع الناخبات الاناث
That’s the number this year 2021
Around 2,3 /2,4 million Muslims
1,4/1,5 million Christians
750,000 Maronite
250,000 orthodox
170,000 Catholic
100,000 Armenian
More than 100,000 divers Christians( Latin , Protestant , syryan , Copts etc,,?
More or less
Is there a way to guess the number of Lebanese by sect under 21?