• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The French Initiative

NewLeb

Say what you want, but Tayyar may be the least Lebanese political party out there.

Phoenicians have always been known for their love of money, sometimes having to devise cunning and shady ways to get it. It’s been that way since ancient times.

However, Tayyar seems like it wants to be more like the West in terms of how it attaints and perceives wealth. They are fixated on rules and ethics and all that other crap.

It’s not working because the Phoenicians are not the Greeks. We love money, not wisdom. Get with the program, Aounies! 💰 💴 💵

The_FPMer

Say what you want, but Tayyar may be the least Lebanese political party out there.

Phoenicians have always been known for their love of money, sometimes having to devise cunning and shady ways to get it. It’s been that way since ancient times.

However, Tayyar seems like it wants to be more like the West in terms of how it attaints and perceives wealth. They are fixated on rules and ethics and all that other crap.

It’s not working because the Phoenicians are not the Greeks. We love money, not wisdom. Get with the program, Aounies! 💰 💴 💵
Ironically, the Greeks called us Phoenicians, the local population named themselves after their cities, Sidonian, Beiruti, Tyrian etc.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Mbayne mnel behavior of the French, Americans, Arabs and HA.
Not really. And why should it? What Arab or Western interest depends on this guy?

How about looking at his behavior gallivanting around the world trying to shore up support for himself vis a vis domestic rivals? Does that read like someone who is confident that western and Arab interests rely on him to open the aid floodgates?

This is a 100% manufactured narrative.

The_FPMer

Not really. And why should it? What Arab or Western interest depends on this guy?

How about looking at his behavior gallivanting around the world trying to shore up support for himself vis a vis domestic rivals? Does that read like someone who is confident that western and Arab interests rely on him to open the aid floodgates?

This is a 100% manufactured narrative.
Bel 3akes, Saad was brought from the fringe else he wouldn't have been able to get appointments with nation leaders in the first place. GB confirmed on Sunday that billions of foreign aid will arrive if the government is formed, I don't think it's that simple but it's clear that there's an understanding that they want Saad back. Why wouldn't they? Who else is more pro-West than him?

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

20:05
تكتل لبنان القوي: نؤيد ما صدر عن لقاء خلدة برفض الاجحاف في تمثيل الطائفة الدرزية بوزير واحد والتعدي على حقوقها في تكوين السلطة
20:00
تكتل لبنان القوي: نستغرب عدم صدور أي ردود ايجابية على مبادرة باسيل

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I have a defeatist attitude because it feels like I'm cheering for a football team who's losing 4 - 0 with 2 red cards and a doofus manager. The economy will never recover like it was even 2018. I don't think you're aware of the economic catastrophe that we're in, add to that 3isabit el 7aramiyye that governs the country ya3tik el 3afye. We're a non-productive country, you cannot balance the losses in a few years even of the West gave us billions of dollars no questions asked. Ya zalame circa 2009-2011 the Maronite church wanted to donate a big chunk of land to establish a free economic zone to be used to build tech companies, emo 2yeme kif hayda bi dor tawezon ta2ife, instead of following suit and doing the same in other areas.

What you're afraid of will never be taken away as it's written legalese. Leh fekrak baddo yrou7o 3ala mo2tamar ta2sise, you take that away. As long as you have the numbers and economically strong, they can't entertain this option. Even if Christians didn't name one minister, if they fortify their positions, they can come back and ask for half later. Moreover I think you're overestimating Lebanese politicians' power and forgetting the influence of foreign ones. If FPM start behaving rationally and shrewdly, the French won't allow any PM to marginalize them.
I respect your opinion, I don’t share it though. I don’t think the economic issue is only on the Christians and I don’t think it is not recoverable. Granted it will take decades, but it is a battle everybody will fight for, in principle, whereas the religious/political balance will remain a big issue.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Im not blackmailing. Christians in general have more opportunities to move abroad and immigrate than Muslims. And Muslims are more capable of surviving poverty in Lebanon because they don’t have a way out.

so due to these two factors, an economic collapse will push Christians away way more than Muslims.
Why do you think it’s easier for Christians? I think this is a preconception. The processes are the same and I find western foreign authorities don’t really dwell on religion. I also think you underestimate the ability of all lebanese to weather economic hardship.
The fact remains, if we are to live in peace there must be mutual respect of each group, something which is not available today.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It mostly is. People in Tripoli will try to escape in boats and mostly fail.. whereas Christians have more doors open to them in Europe/Canada/us etc
I disagree. It will impact everybody... and even if it affects a certain sect more than another (which i don’t agree to but for the sake of argument), it is quite selfish to take advantage of this and force them into submission to a specific political will... this is not what builds a country

The_FPMer

I respect your opinion, I don’t share it though. I don’t think the economic issue is only on the Christians and I don’t think it is not recoverable. Granted it will take decades, but it is a battle everybody will fight for, in principle, whereas the religious/political balance will remain a big issue.
But you're misunderstanding one essential issue, the immigration will be mostly Christian as they're not backed by oil-rich countries like others and thus will be reliant on a broke government for welfare and the Christians you lose from Lebanon you'll never be able to get whereas your rights are written in legalese and no one can take away from you as long as we're operating under the Taef. Political influence is like a wave and demographics and economic power are the water, not a rigid skyscraper once tore down few stories you'll never be able to get back.

Imperator

UN support thé Patriarch against Aoun and HA
وباطار الحركة الدبلوماسية التي شهدها لبنان يوم امس، التقت القائمة بأعمال مكتب المنسق الخاص للأمم المتحدة في لبنان والمنسقة المقيمة ومنسقة الشؤون الإنسانية نجاة رشدي البطريرك الماروني الكاردينال مار بشارة بطرس الراعي، وتم البحث، بحسب بيان لمركز الاعلام في الامم المتحدة، «في آخر المستجدات في لبنان، بما في ذلك الأزمة الاقتصادية والاجتماعية المتفاقمة وتأثيرها على الشعب اللبناني. واستمعت رشدي إلى طرح وآراء البطريرك الراعي بشأن عقد مؤتمر دولي من أجل لبنان».

وأشار البيان الى أن «رشدي جددت دعم الأمم المتحدة الطويل الأمد والمستمر للبنان، بالتعاون مع شركاء دوليين آخرين، بما في ذلك من خلال الدعم الإنساني والمساعدة على التعافي وإعادة الإعمار في أعقاب انفجار مرفأ بيروت المأساوي العام الماضي، وكذلك أثناء حالة الطوارىء الصحية الناجمة عن انتشار وباء كورونا واثناء الأزمة الاقتصادية والاجتماعية الخطيرة. ولقد أعيد التأكيد على هذا الدعم في المؤتمر الدولي الذي عقد في 2 كانون الأول الماضي برئاسة فرنسا والأمم المتحدة لدعم الشعب اللبناني».

ولفت البيان الى أن «الأمم المتحدة تأمل أن يعطي قادة لبنان الأولوية للمصلحة الوطنية اللبنانية وأن يتجاوزوا بسرعة، خلافاتهم لتشكيل حكومة جديدة لمعالجة التحديات العديدة في البلاد وتلبية تطلعات الشعب اللبناني وتطبيق الإصلاحات اللازمة. كما أكدت التزامها بدعم لبنان واستقراره واستقلاله السياسي وسيادته».
@Patriot