• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Gemayel's leave the parliament, a group of Lebanese clap, as if their corruption is forgiven

M.jaafar

M.jaafar

The mentality of a substantial number of Lebanese without exceptions both sides, camps whatever you want to call it triggers me, The Lebanese society should be a case study for all psychiatrists in the world, the way you would study aliens.

How rigid is the mind of some Lebanese, it triggers me so much that such the simple, worthless action such as the Gemayel's resigning from the parliament would make people clap blindly for them and hail them as heroes, as if they are not part of the same corrupt system, the Gemayel's resigned from the Government, but they did not resign from the Sulta, the Gemayel's earn wages for both the Dead and Alive, current and former, alongside benefits for their families, this society is going to drive me mad, I have to preserve my sanity, many Lebanese have stockholm syndrome.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    The mentality of a substantial number of Lebanese without exceptions both sides, camps whatever you want to call it triggers me, The Lebanese society should be a case study for all psychiatrists in the world, the way you would study aliens.

How rigid is the mind of some Lebanese, it triggers me so much that such the simple, worthless action such as the Gemayel's resigning from the parliament would make people clap blindly for them and hail them as heroes, as if they are not part of the same corrupt system, the Gemayel's resigned from the Government, but they did not resign from the Sulta, the Gemayel's earn wages for both the Dead and Alive, current and former, alongside benefits for their families, this society is going to drive me mad, I have to preserve my sanity, many Lebanese have stockholm syndrome.
    shiny things are hard to not stare at, selfies and internet clout are worth everything

Nevermore

Nevermore

Internalized superficiality. Dangerous when mixed with a disinterest in things that require thought.

dyyyy

dyyyy

I think we need to stop having these unrealistic expectations from the people, yes there is from everything, yes people forget fast.
    In the US the whole elections count on the last month and everythink is based on ridiculous details because people are not all political scientists.

A minority who have a bigger view need to be the influencers for the population, this is how it always works

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Insa, I can't take the Gemayels seriously. If they want to be true to their words and actions let Sami and Nadim resign from the Kataeb party as well and give their seats in the party to younger generations who are not in any way want to be part of this establishment and not nepotistic in nature like the Gemayel are. If they do that then maybe I will take them seriously.

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I think we need to stop having these unrealistic expectations from the people, yes there is from everything, yes people forget fast.
    In the US the whole elections count on the last month and everythink is based on ridiculous details because people are not all political scientists.

A minority who have a bigger view need to be the influencers for the population, this is how it always works
    A gameshow host with no political experience who fire breathes venomous populism is president of the United States because the no-information population gets their facts from YouTube and Instagram warriors who can't be bothered with facts but have nice graphics. I wouldn't hold that up as a model for running your democracy, but it's too late for that anyway probably.

Nevermore

Nevermore

Internalized superficiality. Dangerous when mixed with a disinterest in things that require thought.
    Exhibit A:

Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fik t2elleh Samy and Nadim chou ser2in?

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Now that 2 Maten MPs resigned, which law will apply for the bi-elections? Proportional or majoritatian? I know that, if 1 MP resigned or died, the majoritatian law will apply in the small district but what does the law say if it's more than one?

Nevermore

Nevermore

Ma fhimit zwhat did you understand from what i said?
    Khayyeh/okhteh, btfli2na/btifil2ina layl nhar bil tighyeer wil sawra w killon ya3neh killon w megaphone w demo2ratiyeh w osas, and then you write a post which is explicitly anti-democratic, not an uncommon sentiment among Lebanese. Rather than a select few "influencers", people need a movement that actually represents their will and speaks to their concerns.

I've been told here that I "give too much credence to the ballot box", but if we truly believe in democracy we have to respect people's intelligence before we lecture them about change and use empty populist gestures that only appeal to people's visceral concerns. Good luck to the sawra elements in reaching the common man.

dyyyy

dyyyy

Khayyeh/okhteh, btfli2na/btifil2ina layl nhar bil tighyeer wil sawra w killon ya3neh killon w megaphone w demo2ratiyeh w osas, and then you write a post which is explicitly anti-democratic, not an uncommon sentiment among Lebanese. Rather than a select few "influencers", people need a movement that actually represents their will and speaks to their concerns.

I've been told here that I "give too much credence to the ballot box", but if we truly believe in democracy we have to respect people's intelligence before we lecture them about change and use empty populist gestures that only appeal to people's visceral concerns. Good luck to the sawra elements in reaching the common man.
    Ok, first it's "khayyak" for future reference :p .

When I say a few influencers i don't mean 10 people controlling the people, I mean people like you and me , It's just that being shocked anytime a group of people is emotional or is sectarian is unrealistic, these people will always exist.

Nevermore

Nevermore

Ok, first it's "khayyak" for future reference :p .

When I say a few influencers i don't mean 10 people controlling the people, I mean people like you and me , It's just that being shocked anytime a group of people is emotional or is sectarian is unrealistic, these people will always exist.
    It's less shock and more disappointment at how easily duped some people are despite recent history repeating itself several times over within the span of a half century, even a decade and a half. The resignations are just one instance, but they indicate a vapidity in understanding politics. I'm not one of the people who gets shocked at sectarianism, btw, I actually think a dose of it is healthy, those seeking to eliminate it are the problem.

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member

His french is better than his arabic, at least he didn't say el 3ineyeh el fe23a