• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

France The gilets jaunes

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
These idiots are continuing the tradition of « touches pas à mon argent, mes avantages acquis ». Did you know that one of their spokesperson has been making 2,6k euros per month for 10 years without doing anything ?
They are lazy entitled people who just don’t want to pay more taxes on Diesel. Another good example is a mother of 5 aged... 29. How stupid do you have to be to have 5 children by age 29, without a steady partner. I’m all for safety net and I’m a hard core liberal in the US but the French have no idea how good they have it.
Law and order must be restored and these people must be jailed for a few months to teach them a lesson. They are turning into a militia, blocking streets and warehouse access, demanding خوة to let truckers pass... maybe they’re being coached by former Amalists and LFers.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
These idiots are continuing the tradition of « touches pas à mon argent, mes avantages acquis ». Did you know that one of their spokesperson has been making 2,6k euros per month for 10 years without doing anything ?
They are lazy entitled people who just don’t want to pay more taxes on Diesel. Another good example is a mother of 5 aged... 29. How stupid do you have to be to have 5 children by age 29, without a steady partner. I’m all for safety net and I’m a hard core liberal in the US but the French have no idea how good they have it.
Law and order must be restored and these people must be jailed for a few months to teach them a lesson. They are turning into a militia, blocking streets and warehouse access, demanding خوة to let truckers pass... maybe they’re being coached by former Amalists and LFers.

Seriously! That's the core of the issue! The French have no idea how good they have it! The basic rsa is 550 euros and goes up to 1100 without doing a single thing. They don't pay for their children's education, their hospitalisation, heck babysitting and private schools are in part paid for by the state for people with low income, even public transportation is 50% paid for by the French government! W these are just the tip of the iceberg!

I personally know a guy who works in black makes about 3000/month, has declared he makes nothing and makes about 1100 with help from the state along with his wife (who makes and sells jewelry at 40 euros a pop) since they have 2 children and have declared they were unemployed... And he's a hardcore gilet jaune right now because macron lol!

Last edited:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Seriously! That's the core of the issue! The French have no idea how good they have it! The basic rsa is 550 euros and goes up to 1100 without doing a single thing. They don't pay for their children's education, their hospitalisation, heck babysitting and private schools are in part paid for by the state for people with low income, even public transportation is 50% paid for by the French government! W these are just the tip of the iceberg!

I personally know a guy who works in black makes about 3000/month, has declared he makes nothing and makes about 1100 with help from the state along with his wife (who makes and sells jewelry at 40 euros a pop) since they have 2 children and have declared they were unemployed... And he's a hardcore gilet jaune right now because macron lol!

first time i was in geneva it struck me that in contrast to the usa, their news papers stands are not locked, they were always open, whereas in the usa they only open when you put the coins in. and while i was having breakfast, melted cheese and orange juice, sitting on a wooden bank, i noted that at least two dozen people took a copy of the news paper, each and every one of them paid for the paper despite the fact that they could have simply grabbed one and walked away without paying.

that is how countries are made, and that is how the whole society becomes wealthier. your compatriots and your country are not something you steal from but rather something you invest in.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Regardles whether one or ten or 1000 guys are milking the system and the others dont know how easy they have it, the problem remains that macron has put together a bunch of stupid fiscal decisions that directly impacted those blue collar workers/ TPE owners.
A78BC4A8-01A0-479A-ADD5-E44E04E2645A.jpeg

With the new tax hike the orice of gas in france would one of the highest in europe.

The new gas tax along with the speed limit hike, the removal of the isf, the fake decrease in local taxes... has hit a certain demography of people and making their lives untenable.

U can talk all day about the vandalism
Thats happenning during the protests but the fact is thst gor 2 years the guy has been bashing people on a fiscal level while delivering nothing back.

Sone people have had enough of it and got him to rollback his position like the noob he is

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Regardles whether one or ten or 1000 guys are milking the system and the others dont know how easy they have it, the problem remains that macron has put together a bunch of stupid fiscal decisions that directly impacted those blue collar workers/ TPE owners.
View attachment 11363

With the new tax hike the orice of gas in france would one of the highest in europe.

The new gas tax along with the speed limit hike, the removal of the isf, the fake decrease in local taxes... has hit a certain demography of people and making their lives untenable.

U can talk all day about the vandalism
Thats happenning during the protests but the fact is thst gor 2 years the guy has been bashing people on a fiscal level while delivering nothing back.

Sone people have had enough of it and got him to rollback his position like the noob he is

They're no longer protesting about the gas tax or the ISF though did you see their list of demands? Well I should say two lists since apparently there's an actual version and a RN version being circled by le Pen and her little band of merry men!

Also the ISF would have been replaced by the IFI, in an effort to tax what's passive rather than what's active! People want the economy improved, unemployment reduced, a higher pouvoir d'achat yet they don't want to pay their taxes and only want the rich to get taxed... The existing policy has led to capital getting drained out of France for years, maybe a change is exactly what was needed!

The people on the streets don't even know what they are angry about

The decrease in the taxe d'habitation was not fake lol you just probably make a lot more than 29k/year so you didn't get included in the reduction!

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Interesting stuff about "les impots" not the whole taxation scheme:

Qui paie l'impôt en France ?.

En 2017, la France compte 37,9 millions de foyers fiscaux :
  • 16,5 millions de foyers imposables, soit 43 % du total ;
  • 21,4 millions de non imposables.
Le nombre de foyers fiscaux imposés est en baisse depuis 2014. Néanmoins, l'impôt sur le revenu total collecté est en hausse et s'élève à 77 milliards en 2017.
Cela signifie que l'impôt moyen par foyer augmente (moins de foyers imposables pour un impôt supérieur).

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Interesting stuff about "les impots" not the whole taxation scheme:

Qui paie l'impôt en France ?.

En 2017, la France compte 37,9 millions de foyers fiscaux :
  • 16,5 millions de foyers imposables, soit 43 % du total ;
  • 21,4 millions de non imposables.
Le nombre de foyers fiscaux imposés est en baisse depuis 2014. Néanmoins, l'impôt sur le revenu total collecté est en hausse et s'élève à 77 milliards en 2017.
Cela signifie que l'impôt moyen par foyer augmente (moins de foyers imposables pour un impôt supérieur).

I've read somewhere that about 10% of the population pays 70% of the taxes in France gonna try to find the article again

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
They're no longer protesting about the gas tax or the ISF though did you see their list of demands? Well I should say two lists since apparently there's an actual version and a RN version being circled by le Pen and her little band of merry men!

Also the ISF would have been replaced by the IFI, in an effort to tax what's passive rather than what's active! People want the economy improved, unemployment reduced, a higher pouvoir d'achat yet they don't want to pay their taxes and only want the rich to get taxed... The existing policy has led to capital getting drained out of France for years, maybe a change is exactly what was needed!

The people on the streets don't even know what they are angry about

The decrease in the taxe d'habitation was not fake lol you just probably make a lot more than 29k/year so you didn't get included in the reduction!
The people on the street know very well what they are protesting about, they can't finish their months other than in the red.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
The people on the street know very well what they are protesting about, they can't finish their months other than in the red.

In the welfare state where they already have so many advantages and pay 0 taxes, if we want to talk about people making smic and around it... They have RSA, help for rent, prime d'activité, allocation familiale and allocation de base for children, food stamps in some cases and even shampoos and free trips depending on the mairie!

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member

Yes agreed but the problem that was the initial request and we can all agree with that. The problem however is person A and B have different secondary problems and different reasons why they cannot end their months not in the red.
Any solution proposed will benefit them fully, partly and some not what so ever.
Oversimplifying the solution is a trap everyone is falling for ...the matter and the anger is very complex and legitimate! but without defining a good list of priorities and having constructive discussions without breaking paris every week is needed (even though i understand its a way to maintain pressure)

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
I've read somewhere that about 10% of the population pays 70% of the taxes in France gonna try to find the article again
That might be true as 43% pay the whole sum so if you take the top payers they might be paying 70%

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
In the welfare state where they already have so many advantages and pay 0 taxes, if we want to talk about people making smic and around it... They have RSA, help for rent, prime d'activité, allocation familiale and allocation de base for children, food stamps in some cases and even shampoos and free trips depending on the mairie!
This is where u are wrong, most if these people are actifs and not on welfare, mostly artisans, tpe owners, who need to commute to their workplace in their cars.
If you know aguy here and a rsa milker there doesnt mean its only those people

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
This is where u are wrong, most if these people are actifs and not on welfare, mostly artisans, tpe owners, who need to commute to their workplace in their cars.
If you know aguy here and a rsa milker there doesnt mean its only those people

I'm talking about social welfare, everything I mentioned is specifically for working people making around the minimum wage!! Mesh 3alam a3din and making money from the state, people making minimum wage and getting help from the state

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Yes agreed but the problem that was the initial request and we can all agree with that. The problem however is person A and B have different secondary problems and different reasons why they cannot end their months not in the red.
Any solution proposed will benefit them fully, partly and some not what so ever.
Oversimplifying the solution is a trap everyone is falling for ...the matter and the anger is very complex and legitimate! but without defining a good list of priorities and having constructive discussions without breaking paris every week is needed (even though i understand its a way to maintain pressure)
Defining a list of oriorities is gonna be hard since thereis not a central decision taking commitee for the protesters as we hav seen so far.
I honestly think that they didnt believe macron would rollback his tax hike, and once he did they got overhyped and kept the pressure in the hope to get more concessions from him.

How do you get a very decentralised group of people to comeup with a clear list of demands is gonna be very tricky.
The problem of macron is even with all the damage they have done, the vast majority of french still support them.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Defining a list of oriorities is gonna be hard since thereis not a central decision taking commitee for the protesters as we hav seen so far.
I honestly think that they didnt believe macron would rollback his tax hike, and once he did they got overhyped and kept the pressure in the hope to get more concessions from him.

How do you get a very decentralised group of people to comeup with a clear list of demands is gonna be very tricky.
The problem of macron is even with all the damage they have done, the vast majority of french still support them.
Agree in general and that is why i am saying the problem is very complex

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

For now, also because the vast majority of the French don't want their social welfare to get reduced, and they're afraid macron is going there next
Everyone on the streets has a reason to protest but their demands are seriously all over the place, some more nutty than others with the GMOs and frexit.

I think these protests have a political background that is not advertised, I don't believe for one second that people suddenly organised on FB and hit the streets all over France hek organically, particularly because you are so opposed to the suppression of the ISF which made me do a double take! Considering you are generally all about tax reductions, your position on this issue is kinda strange so that tells me you feel the same way I do except in the opposite direction with voicing your support :p

But we'll see what happens in the upcoming days

The_FPMer

For now, also because the vast majority of the French don't want their social welfare to get reduced, and they're afraid macron is going there next
Everyone on the streets has a reason to protest but their demands are seriously all over the place, some more nutty than others with the GMOs and frexit.

I think these protests have a political background that is not advertised, I don't believe for one second that people suddenly organised on FB and hit the streets all over France hek organically, particularly because you are so opposed to the suppression of the ISF which made me do a double take! Considering you are generally all about tax reductions, your position on this issue is kinda strange so that tells me you feel the same way I do except in the opposite direction with voicing your support :p

FN organized it?

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter

My problem with the suppression of ISF is not on the principle of it, its abt how it was done and the decisions taken to replace the 5billion euros it brought to the treasury.
But what macron did was plainly remove it without explaining why and how to replace the lost revenues.
And it appeares like he was going yo replace it with taxes on people who cant handle them anymore.
Also isf already taxed people on their real estate wealth, ma khtara3 chi jdid el zalame, the ifi was always there

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
FN organized it?
I do not think its a one party thing but i think political parties are throwing oil on the fire to oust macron for both political reasons and the fact that he is a new player in a very old game.
But if we are going full conspiracy facebook can show you whatever they want and push forward groups and discussions and that has been proved ....