• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

France The gilets jaunes

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
My problem with the suppression of ISF is not on the principle of it, its abt how it was done and the decisions taken to replace the 5billion euros it brought to the treasury.
But what macron did was plainly remove it without explaining why and how to replace the lost revenues.
And it appeares like he was going yo replace it with taxes on people who cant handle them anymore.
Also isf already taxed people on their real estate wealth, ma khtara3 chi jdid el zalame, the ifinwas always there

He did explain why though! It was to stimulate the economy and encourage capital to stay in France, mainly taxing what's passive instead of what's active, leaving active open for investments.

The tax on gas is a different thing entirely, advertised purpose was a carbon tax, although I agree it impacts poorer people more than it does those who should be impacted, considering richer folk put more of a strain on the environment than those making little to no money :p

I think he's talking in an hour we'll see how he explains himself lol

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
He did explain why though! It was to stimulate the economy and encourage capital to stay in France, mainly taxing what's passive instead of what's active, leaving active open for investments.

The tax on gas is a different thing entirely, advertised purpose was a carbon tax, although I agree it impacts poorer people more than it does those who should be impacted, considering richer folk put more of a strain on the environment than those making little to no money :p

I think he's talking in an hour we'll see how he explains himself lol
Bado yontou2 zakaria in an hour men chouf chou b mkhabelna for his next trick :)

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The people on the street know very well what they are protesting about, they can't finish their months other than in the red.
I’m sorry, that’s just not true. Those who are complaining that now they “can no longer go to the restaurant” are protesting because they were used to a certain style and now they need to work harder to achieve the same material comfort... but you know what, we all do. You can thank a government, a country living beyond its means for over 40 years... now you have to come and “collect”.
I haven’t heard one good / smart idea about how to do this differently. I just heard people complaining and wanting “someone else” to just pay more.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is where u are wrong, most if these people are actifs and not on welfare, mostly artisans, tpe owners, who need to commute to their workplace in their cars.
If you know aguy here and a rsa milker there doesnt mean its only those people
I wonder how they’re active yet able to spend their time on roudabouts blocking traffic or coming to Paris every Saturday to loot and burn cars.
Or maybe they’re active like Francois Barnaba (Google him)

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
Loool is this a joke ?

Voir l'image sur Twitter

آخر نكتة #القوات_تحمي_باريس
آخر نكتة #القوات_تحمي_باريس

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
The reactions are pathetic...and the announcements are somewhat what they asked for but it will not emd well

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They're no longer protesting about the gas tax or the ISF though did you see their list of demands? Well I should say two lists since apparently there's an actual version and a RN version being circled by le Pen and her little band of merry men!

na3iman

told you the real FRANK patriots started the whole issue against the left commies policies\

and later taken over by your people and islamic radicals, who are one and same

this will only lead to the rise and rise of the patriotic parties

hopefully FRANK will become like ITALY and elect a real leader for a change

VIVE THE VIKINGS ( FRANKS ARE THEIR DESCENDANTS) so are the northern Italy and germanic nations and parts of UK

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
na3iman

told you the real FRANK patriots started the whole issue against the left commies policies\

VIVE THE VIKINGS ( FRANKS ARE THEIR DESCENDANTS) so are the northern Italy and germanic nations and parts of UK

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
In the welfare state where they already have so many advantages and pay 0 taxes, if we want to talk about people making smic and around it... They have RSA, help for rent, prime d'activité, allocation familiale and allocation de base for children, food stamps in some cases and even shampoos and free trips depending on the mairie!

that sadly was a good idea
an idea based on an active and homogeneous population thats is stable

since the 60s when the froggies foolishly itroduced the right for teh maghreb to renuite with their families , etc
and the proliferation of the deadly migrants leaches , mainly islamic and arab ones
that policy cant be sustained

FRANCE TODAY IS WHAT LEBANON WAS IN THE LATE 60S,EARLY 70S...

ISA, SIS , remember that moment 20 years down the road and remember what HANNA told you
unless LEPEN or someone like her takes over and institute radical reforms, france is the next lebanon

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
first time i was in geneva it struck me that in contrast to the usa, their news papers stands are not locked, they were always open, whereas in the usa they only open when you put the coins in. and while i was having breakfast, melted cheese and orange juice, sitting on a wooden bank, i noted that at least two dozen people took a copy of the news paper, each and every one of them paid for the paper despite the fact that they could have simply grabbed one and walked away without paying.

that is how countries are made, and that is how the whole society becomes wealthier. your compatriots and your country are not something you steal from but rather something you invest in.

many European cities used to be like this

now , is Strasbourg the EU headquarters they are chaining their chairs for fear of being stolen

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
na3iman

denmark is already resettling refugees to a remote island. i hope other countries will be equally civilized when the time comes. our friends are under the impression that everything goes and keep pushing the limit, while in reality it is their own luck they are pushing.