• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

France The gilets jaunes

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There is someone literally throwing rocks at the cops! Ba3dena why this guy in particular not the others dressed in a yellow vest since that's how the "BAC pick out yellow vest protesters and repress the media"

probably they identified him as a leader of a group, "amir jama3a" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As for the press, do you think the police in this situation has the time to figure out every detail ?
He saw someone getting too close he sprayed him...

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
probably they identified him as a leader of a group, "amir jama3a" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
As for the press, do you think the police in this situation has the time to figure out every detail ?
He saw someone getting too close he sprayed him...

That's what I'm saying lol! The guy probably attacked the cops or something especially considering there are others in the video throwing rocks and the cops are backing away! Hawde l "press" 3a Shu hejmin lol?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Imagine my surprise! Someone from the RN blaming all the damage on Arabs ! What's next? Le Pen raging about the pact of Marrakech?

Edit: can't seem to find that tweet, was checking if it was real!

Edit 2: he deleted that silly tweet since someone posted a video of the Lebanese guy in question whose restaurant was also destroyed yelling and swearing in arabic!

I checked for this tweet back to Nov 1st, nothing of the like...most probably fake news

sailormoon

I gotta ask how is the system screwing them exactly? It's increasingly hard to sympathise with them just because their demands are kinda outlandish and even after the government backed down on the gas taxes, they escalated! The politicians who jumped on the band wagon with them also take away from their cause instead of help it from where I'm standing! I'm expecting their veneer to rub off soon and we will finally know who is the man behind the curtain.

What makes them deliquents and thugs is their willingness to destroy other people's property because they are mad at Macron for lowering some taxes and raising others!

I ll give you a simple example that reflects how they re screwed by the system : take a look at an average French payslip if an employer pays 3167 euros to his salaried the latter only earns 1534 euros (salaire net) so there is already 1632euros that has been taken by the state . With the 1534 euros that are left he has to pay the impôt sur le revenu (10% of his net salary so 153euros / month) each year he has to pay the taxe d habitation or taxe foncière (approximately 1000euros a year) this is without mentioning the TVA each time he buys something , the tax on gas on fuel (that is constantly rising) the electricity that will also rise on 2019 . Besides that the rents in France cost a lot in Paris for instance you pay a rent of 1000euros a month for 40 square meters in small cities you can find something decent for 600euros a month but in these towns there are less job opportunities less business. This is without talking about how life is getting more expensive by the day ,you go on the supermarket you by few things you end up paying like 50 euros .
How the people who earn small salaries like 1500 euros a month or the minimum wage (1200euros) can cope with these taxes and the high cost of life . It generated social inequalities that is leading to the actual situation

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I ll give you a simple example that reflects how they re screwed by the system : take a look at an average French payslip if an employer pays 3167 euros to his salaried the latter only earns 1534 euros (salaire net) so there is already 1632euros that has been taken by the state . With the 1534 euros that are left he has to pay the impôt sur le revenu (10% of his net salary so 153euros / month) each year he has to pay the taxe d habitation or taxe foncière (approximately 1000euros a year) this is without mentioning the TVA each time he buys something , the tax on gas on fuel (that is constantly rising) the electricity that will also rise on 2019 . Besides that the rents in France cost a lot in Paris for instance you pay a rent of 1000euros a month for 40 square meters in small cities you can find something decent for 600euros a month but in these towns there are less job opportunities less business. This is without talking about how life is getting more expensive by the day ,you go on the supermarket you by few things you end up paying like 50 euros .
How the people who earn small salaries like 1500 euros a month or the minimum wage (1200euros) can cope with these taxes and the high cost of life . It generated social inequalities that is leading to the actual situation

Dude if the employer pays 3167 the employee gets 2454, the part taken by the state goes for retraite, assurance maladie, chomage etc...
btw why you did not use round numbers ??!!!
plus they pay almost zero revenue tax, they get lots of benefits that people with slightly higher salaries have no access too

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Dude if the employer pays 3167 the employee gets 2454, the part taken by the state goes for retraite, assurance maladie, chomage etc...
btw why you did not use round numbers ??!!!
plus they pay almost zero revenue tax, they get lots of benefits that people with slightly higher salaries have no access too

I think he meant the employer tax, if someone hired a person at 1800 net, they pay about 3200, on second read I'm not sure that's what he meant

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think he meant the employer tax, if someone hired a person at 1800 net, they pay about 3200

yes but this is not going to the employee anyway...
I don't think that if the state does not take it, the employer is willingly to give it to the employee, it will be highly related to the jobs market and competition, but it won't be direct, especially for standard jobs with no competitive advantage

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Enquête sur de faux comptes internet

Les autorités ont lancé des vérifications après la multiplication de faux comptes destinés à amplifier, sur les réseaux sociaux, la contestation des «gilets jaunes».
C'est le Secrétariat général de la défense et de la sécurité nationale (SGDSN) qui est en charge de coordonner les vérifications en cours. Il est trop tôt pour se prononcer sur les allégations du Times, qui assure que des centaines de faux comptes alimentés par la Russie cherchent à amplifier la révolte des «gilets jaunes», a indiqué une source proche du dossier.

Selon le quotidien britannique, qui cite des analyses menées par la société de cybersécurité New Knowledge, quelque 200 comptes Twitter diffusent des photos et des vidéos de personnes grièvement blessés par la police, des supposés «gilets jaunes», alors que ces images datent d'événements n'ayant rien à voir avec les manifestations qui se déroulent en France depuis plusieurs semaines.

Depuis le début du mouvement des «gilets jaunes», de fausses informations circulent sur les réseaux sociaux, notamment sur Facebook.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

People earning minimum wage are generally eligible for RSA and CAF help on their rent if they don't live in government housings, they also pay 0 taxes on minimum wage and close to it.

The "cost of life" more specifically le pouvoir d'achat has had an increase under macron since he lowered the taxe d'habitation, which would also be lowered again next year until it gets suppressed in 2020...

What I'm not getting is the demands that are not specifically about the cost of living but rather about any and everything! They are angry about a lot and nothing specific

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

Les autorités ont lancé des vérifications après la multiplication de faux comptes destinés à amplifier, sur les réseaux sociaux, la contestation des «gilets jaunes».
C'est le Secrétariat général de la défense et de la sécurité nationale (SGDSN) qui est en charge de coordonner les vérifications en cours. Il est trop tôt pour se prononcer sur les allégations du Times, qui assure que des centaines de faux comptes alimentés par la Russie cherchent à amplifier la révolte des «gilets jaunes», a indiqué une source proche du dossier.

Selon le quotidien britannique, qui cite des analyses menées par la société de cybersécurité New Knowledge, quelque 200 comptes Twitter diffusent des photos et des vidéos de personnes grièvement blessés par la police, des supposés «gilets jaunes», alors que ces images datent d'événements n'ayant rien à voir avec les manifestations qui se déroulent en France depuis plusieurs semaines.

Depuis le début du mouvement des «gilets jaunes», de fausses informations circulent sur les réseaux sociaux, notamment sur Facebook.

I said the veneer will be coming off soon!

Yalla on to the next "cause"

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter

Oh now its russia who told macron to lead an extremely foolish fiscal reforms plan that made people feel insecure and unable to make ends meet? :)

The 80kmh limitation is a great russian scheme too :lol:

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Oh now its russia who told macron to lead an extremely foolish fiscal reforms plan that made people feel insecure and unable to make ends meet? :)

The 80kmh limitation is a great russian scheme too :lol:

Nah they all suddenly organised on FB with no political backing whatsoever yet somehow demand le pen's exact demands :p

Although I agree that 80 km/h thing is just stupid, or in the words of macron a "connerie"

Grapes of Wrath

The French tend to burn Paris down every year. Usually it's the Muslims and immigrants that do it. This time it seems like the indigenous French. Personally, the whole of the EU can burn as far as I'm concerned. It's a bankrupt institution that's against the natives and for the elites and cheap immigrant labour.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
«Gilets jaunes» : les surréalistes leçons de maintien de l'ordre de Trump, Poutine ou Erdogan

Comble de l'ironie: les «démocratures» donnent des leçons d'humanisme à la France d'Emmanuel Macron. Le président russe, Vladimir Poutine, appelle «les autorités parisiennes à s'abstenir de tout recours excessif à la force conformément aux principes de l'humanisme». Tout au long de la semaine, plusieurs médias russes avaient imputé les violences aux services de renseignements américains. «L'affaiblissement de Macron et son éventuelle démission servent les intérêts de Trump», écrivait Rossiiskaïa Gazeta, tandis que les médias russes à Paris, Russia Todayet Spoutnik, couvraient intensivement les manifestations des «gilets jaunes».
Quant à certains responsables politiques libanais, des chrétiens maronites notamment, ils n'hésitent pas à se demander si «des Français d'origine maghrébine ne sont pas à l'œuvre» dans les violences de ces dernières semaines.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Nah they all suddenly organised on FB with no political backing whatsoever yet somehow demand le pen's exact demands :p

Although I agree that 80 km/h thing is just stupid, or in the words of macron a "connerie"
Houwe deman bya3moul 2wenim w byerja3 byebke 3al atlal :)

And for the fourth time, his brilliant plan of removing the impot d’habitation did not function this the collectivites locales had to increase other taxes to pocket the big loss in revenue. This was a marketing campaign nothing more