• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The government are adding 22 new taxes to fund the National Budget

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
You are lucky.
I remembered that WhatsApp-ed the video to the friend who works in import/export to tell him this tax is still under review.

Start at Minute 51:30
He didnt say that it was implemented, he said that they are checking it.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I like the red part.

It is something to object the taxes, but what is being said and shared about it online is on another level.

what he alluded to is that it was in the initial proposal but now he is having a second thought.
However I wonder why none of those who say they are falsely accused didn't so far publish the draft as sent to the parliament so we can know what's in and what's out !!!!

Fakhr eddine 1618

Legendary Member
Dude why people accept to undergo painful surgery ??
Because they trust doctors are working to save them .....
So it's the TRUST....
Nowadays Few people trust FPM and Bassil...
When Bassil acknowledges this issue it will be the beginning of the solution.

Jit m2akkhar
Too late pal, what is written is written. your hate for bassil is a lost battle

Now elections will prove to you if people trust FPM and Bassil or not. Indications are here and Bassil is skyrocketting . He was able to balance Saad-Berri-Jumbi in his tactics, (of course with some help of LF)

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I repeat my own opinion that raising taxes when having a very corrupted administration and political system is a very bad idea, and people have all reasons to be suspicious

Here few questions to reflect on:

In his press conference saturday, Bassil pointed out the risk of prices going up more than 1% (which is the increase of the TVA).
how can Basilius the great guarantees to the people that the prices won't go up more than 1% ???
what can prove that he has the necessary power to control that ?
Assuming he is the biggest reformist of all times (b3id el sharr 3an albo akid), how can he prevent those who want him and the 3ahed to fail from doing the tricks to making him fall ???
If he is able to block them, then why the electricity is still bad ?!!
let's imagine for second that the big charitable guy who sent lord Bassil of the Batroun and his family to the watch a football match for 70K€ (its a big relief that Bassil kids like football now), is one of the big traders in the country who raised the prices. Who can believe that Bassil will be able to tell him what he is doing is illegal ?

Another question to Kanaan, who says that he will keep monitoring the administration and spending, what is he going to do if things go bad?
Do more press conferences, go to more talk-shows, write another ibra2-musta7il ?
These are real questions that need answer so the people know where there money will go to ...

A better procedure is to show what you guys (From PMA downwards) are able to do in terms of reform and corruption fighting before asking for more money from people...

So dear forum members, when someone ask you for efforts he must be trustworthy...

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Jit m2akkhar
Too late pal, what is written is written. you hate for bassil is a lost battle

Now elections will prove to you if people trust FPM and Bassil or not. Indications are here and Bassil is skyrocketting . He was able to balance Saad-Berri-Jumbi in his tactics, (of course with some help of LF)

Mabrouk 3leyk man.
As if I give a damn... where I live Bassil can't do other than watch a football match :)

Fakhr eddine 1618

Legendary Member
this was 6 months ago,
for your info my familly was there too
go gather them again to back you up now w b tkoun 3antar zamenak

Please lamma tghott 3al 2ared, teb2a 7kina
Mabrouk 3leyk man.
As if I give a damn... where I live Bassil can't do other than watch a football match :)

they should increase increase Tax on Tissues as you keep crying . this way you will have to stop nagging and reduce your tears

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
وزير المالية: لن يكون هناك اي ضريبة في الموازنة يمكن ان تطال الفقراء
الاثنين 20 آذار 2017 - 12:22

أكد وزير المالية علي حسن خليل ان "ما حصل داخل الجلسة النيابية مؤامرة سياسية لافقاد النصاب ولتطيير الجلسة"، مضيفا ان "بعض الاصوات تطلق لتستغل قلق الناس لاهداف سياسية". واوضح انه "من حق الناس ان تقلق وتخاف لان تجارب الناس مع الدولة ليست مشجعة".

وقال خليل انه "ثمة معضلة سياسية ستؤدي الى مزيد من التوترات وهي عدم الاتفاق على قانون للانتخاب". واعتبر ان "عدم الاتقاف عل قانون وعدم اجراء الانتخابات ازمة سياسية كبرى"، مضيفا اننا "مع اقرار السلسلة المطروحة منذ سنوات".

ولفت الى ان "ما يتحدث عنه الناس عن بعض الايرادات صحيح، ويجب ان يكون هناك اصلاحات حقيقية"، مشددا على انه "يجب ان يواكب السلسلة اصلاحات معنية". وتابع: "هناك اجتماع سيعقد لممثلي الكتل سياسية لتصويب بعض الثغرات".

ورأى خليل ان "اولويتنا قانون الانتخاب والاصلاحات والسلسلة والموازنة". وأكد انه "لم يضاف اي بند ضريبي على المشروع الذي نوقش في اللجان الهيئة العامة". وأضاف ان "التحفظ على tva سيناقش في اللجنة التي ستشكل من الكتل النيابية".

وشدد خليل انه "كوزير للمالية وكممثل لكتلة نيابية، انه ضد اي ضربية تطال معيشة الناس وحياتهم". واوضح انه "لن يكون هناك اي ضريبة في الموازمة يمكن ان تطال الطبقات الفقيرة".

واشار الى ان "مجلس الوزراء لم يقرر اعفاء اي من الشركات لا في الحكومة السابقة او الحالية"، وؤكدا انه "لا يمكن اقرار موازنة او سلسلة من دون اصلاح حقيقي".

now the biggest corrupt of all times are speaking about reforms :D :D :D

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Please lamma tghott 3al 2ared, teb2a 7kina

they should increase increase Tax on Tissues as you keep crying . this way you will have to stop nagging and reduce your tears

I prefer to look at the herd of sheep from above...
I guess the only people who will cry in the future is you.
I am not crying at all, I live in a country with higher taxation than lebanon, but with a simple difference is that the government work for the people and give them all sorts of services, starting with the electricity ;) ;)

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I prefer to look at the herd of sheep from above...
I guess the only people who will cry in the future is you.
I am not crying at all, I live in a country with higher taxation than lebanon, but with a simple difference is that the government work for the people and give them all sorts of services, starting with the electricity ;) ;)
it is not the government that makes the people, it is the other way around. the people make the government. the government does not give people electricity, people pay for it and make sure they get what they are paying for. the people in Lebanon ought not to protest against taxation but rather against corruption. no government can achieve much without taxation. so in short you do not live in a country with a better government, you live in a country with a better people.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
it is not the government that makes the people, it is the other way around. the people make the government. the government does not give people electricity, people pay for it and make sure they get what they are paying for. the people in Lebanon ought not to protest against taxation but rather against corruption. no government can achieve much without taxation. so in short you do not live in a country with a better government, you live in a country with a better people.

I agree... that's why I have no intention to return to Lebanon

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
وزير المالية: لن يكون هناك اي ضريبة في الموازنة يمكن ان تطال الفقراء
الاثنين 20 آذار 2017 - 12:22

أكد وزير المالية علي حسن خليل ان "ما حصل داخل الجلسة النيابية مؤامرة سياسية لافقاد النصاب ولتطيير الجلسة"، مضيفا ان "بعض الاصوات تطلق لتستغل قلق الناس لاهداف سياسية". واوضح انه "من حق الناس ان تقلق وتخاف لان تجارب الناس مع الدولة ليست مشجعة".

وقال خليل انه "ثمة معضلة سياسية ستؤدي الى مزيد من التوترات وهي عدم الاتفاق على قانون للانتخاب". واعتبر ان "عدم الاتقاف عل قانون وعدم اجراء الانتخابات ازمة سياسية كبرى"، مضيفا اننا "مع اقرار السلسلة المطروحة منذ سنوات".

ولفت الى ان "ما يتحدث عنه الناس عن بعض الايرادات صحيح، ويجب ان يكون هناك اصلاحات حقيقية"، مشددا على انه "يجب ان يواكب السلسلة اصلاحات معنية". وتابع: "هناك اجتماع سيعقد لممثلي الكتل سياسية لتصويب بعض الثغرات".

ورأى خليل ان "اولويتنا قانون الانتخاب والاصلاحات والسلسلة والموازنة". وأكد انه "لم يضاف اي بند ضريبي على المشروع الذي نوقش في اللجان الهيئة العامة". وأضاف ان "التحفظ على tva سيناقش في اللجنة التي ستشكل من الكتل النيابية".

وشدد خليل انه "كوزير للمالية وكممثل لكتلة نيابية، انه ضد اي ضربية تطال معيشة الناس وحياتهم". واوضح انه "لن يكون هناك اي ضريبة في الموازمة يمكن ان تطال الطبقات الفقيرة".

واشار الى ان "مجلس الوزراء لم يقرر اعفاء اي من الشركات لا في الحكومة السابقة او الحالية"، وؤكدا انه "لا يمكن اقرار موازنة او سلسلة من دون اصلاح حقيقي".

now the biggest corrupt of all times are speaking about reforms :D :D :D
you can change the date at the top of the article and the ministers name to whomever was minister of finance from 1992 till today and no one would say that there is anything wrong with the article , we want actions not promises

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
you can change the date at the top of the article and the ministers name to whomever was minister of finance from 1992 till today and no one would say that there is anything wrong with the article , we want actions not promises

very true.
actually when Sanioura used to a talk you could mistake him for a saint :)
so far nothing changed, it is all about talks about fighting corruption

JB81

Legendary Member
images.jpg
12:37 الصايغ من بكركي: البطريرك الراعي على علم أن الضرائب الموعودة حتى ولو مرت لن تغطي السلسلة لأنها ستحدث تضخم اقتصاديا

What's Kataeb proposal to raise the wage for msha7arin who get $300 a month in salary?

Or, it is easy to score cheap points without giving true solutions

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
I repeat my own opinion that raising taxes when having a very corrupted administration and political system is a very bad idea, and people have all reasons to be suspicious

Here few questions to reflect on:

In his press conference saturday, Bassil pointed out the risk of prices going up more than 1% (which is the increase of the TVA).
how can Basilius the great guarantees to the people that the prices won't go up more than 1% ???
what can prove that he has the necessary power to control that ?
Assuming he is the biggest reformist of all times (b3id el sharr 3an albo akid), how can he prevent those who want him and the 3ahed to fail from doing the tricks to making him fall ???
If he is able to block them, then why the electricity is still bad ?!!
let's imagine for second that the big charitable guy who sent lord Bassil of the Batroun and his family to the watch a football match for 70K€ (its a big relief that Bassil kids like football now), is one of the big traders in the country who raised the prices. Who can believe that Bassil will be able to tell him what he is doing is illegal ?

Another question to Kanaan, who says that he will keep monitoring the administration and spending, what is he going to do if things go bad?
Do more press conferences, go to more talk-shows, write another ibra2-musta7il ?
These are real questions that need answer so the people know where there money will go to ...

A better procedure is to show what you guys (From PMA downwards) are able to do in terms of reform and corruption fighting before asking for more money from people...

So dear forum members, when someone ask you for efforts he must be trustworthy...
Why do you hate Bassil so much? Honest question. It really looks like you really hate the guy. More than the rest. fi chi chakhsse?

cedarheart

Legendary Member
So PM hariri who with his siblings saved millions by evading Inheritance tax through an illegal decree is now passing laws to tax people even more ???

Lebanese have only 2 choices:
1-revolution (peaceful one)
2-emigration

I said it many years ago and say it now: if all of you who really want change go on the same day to your banks and withdraw all your deposits, the political regime will go on its knees before you.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Why do you hate Bassil so much? Honest question. It really looks like you really hate the guy. More than the rest. fi chi chakhsse?

I explained it many times there is no need to go through it again.
In short:
I had very high hopes of FPM being a democratic, modern party, I supported GMA without question believing that he represent the change and reform...
unfortunately the FPM elections showed that it was a big trick and that's when I realized that they cheated on us from the beginning.
despite all of that I kept my support to Aoun for the presidency hoping that, putting aside his unjustified support to Bassil, he will do something.
I am still waiting but my hopes are fading