• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Holy Month of Ramadan 1442AH/2020 CE

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
Thanks...Happy Eid to you too.

We dont fast on talking. Whether singing is allowed or not depends on what she's singing or the lyrics. So I see nothing wrong with her singing.
so "ghina" is forbidden as well as listening to ghina ....singing to allah is not

do you listen to any kind of music @Rafidi or will u be considered as an infidel if you do so?

• Advertisement
  • Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    so "ghina" is forbidden as well as listening to ghina ....singing to allah is not

do you listen to any kind of music @Rafidi or will u be considered as an infidel if you do so?
    I listen to music, as far as it doesnt contain profanities. I listen to any or all Lebanese traditional songs from Fairouz and Sabah to Wadi El Safi to Assi Hellani to Mouein Shreif to Melhem Barakat. I also listen to Islamic songs like the ones I posted on this thread.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    I listen to music, as far as it doesnt contain profanities. I listen to any or all Lebanese traditional songs from Fairouz and Sabah to Wadi El Safi to Assi Hellani to Mouein Shreif to Melhem Barakat. I also listen to Islamic songs like the ones I posted on this thread.
    فايق يا هوى
    فايق يا هوى ليم كنا سوى
    والدمع سهرني وصفولي دوا
    تاري الدوا حبك وفتش عالدوا

فايق لما راحوا أهالينا مشوار
    تركونا وراحوا قالوا أولاد صغار
    ودارت فينا الدار ونحن أولاد صغار
    والهوى جمعنا وفرقنا الهوي

طير المسا جاي من سفر طويل
    وعلى باب السهرة تبكي المواويل
    نطفي القناديل وتبكي المواويل
    ونسهر على العتمة تنينتنا سوى

R u allowed to listen to this in Islam?...This is fairuz

I want you to read carefully the highlighted part of the song....

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    فايق يا هوى
    فايق يا هوى ليم كنا سوى
    والدمع سهرني وصفولي دوا
    تاري الدوا حبك وفتش عالدوا

فايق لما راحوا أهالينا مشوار
    تركونا وراحوا قالوا أولاد صغار
    ودارت فينا الدار ونحن أولاد صغار
    والهوى جمعنا وفرقنا الهوي

طير المسا جاي من سفر طويل
    وعلى باب السهرة تبكي المواويل
    نطفي القناديل وتبكي المواويل
    ونسهر على العتمة تنينتنا سوى

R u allowed to listen to this in Islam?...This is fairuz

I want you to read carefully the highlighted part of the song....
    Please explain what it means.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    you don't understand Lebanese?!

So you listen to fayrouz's songs without understanding the lyrics???
    Ya 3ammeh I dont find anything objectionable in those. That's what I mean. If you must bring out lyrics and ask me if these are acceptable, it means you are hinting at something. If you think there is any objectionable interpretation or meanings therein, I'm asking you to tell me about them.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Ya 3ammeh I dont find anything objectionable in those. That's what I mean. If you must bring out lyrics and ask me if these are acceptable, it means you are hinting at something. If you think there is any objectionable interpretation or meanings therein, I'm asking you to tell me about them.
    you know what?

keep on listening to music....nothing bad in those songs..on the contrary banning those songs will be the worst thing islam can do

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    you know what?

keep on listening to music....nothing bad in those songs..on the contrary banning those songs will be the worst thing islam can do
    i could think of worse

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    you know what?

Sometimes, with these lyrics, it's all in your mind. They are not explicit. Not explicit content.

Besides, if one song of a particular singer contains explicit lyrics, it doesnt mean all the songs of the singer contain explicit content or lyrics. If I cant or dont listen to one song of Fairouz, i can always listen to Teeri ya Tiyyara Terri or b7ebbak ya Lubnan. It means Fairouz has songs for all audiences.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Sometimes, with these lyrics, it's all in your mind. They are not explicit. Not explicit content.

Besides, if one song of a particular singer contains explicit lyrics, it doesnt mean all the songs of the singer contain explicit content or lyrics. If I cant or dont listen to one song of Fairouz, i can always listen to Teeri ya Tiyyara Terri or b7ebbak ya Lubnan. It means Fairouz has songs for all audiences.
    Yes this is true....I was just trying to make a point

Michael jackson has songs for all audiences too.....earth song is one of my favorites