• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Illegal National Pact, the Taef Accord and the Roadmap towards Uprooting the Confessional System and Implementing a Civil State

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Y’a habibe Shebaa resident DONT WANT TO JOIN LEBANON. They are all highly paid in Israel, get free education and healthcare and are BEGGING the Government not to let them down.
Between an Iranian way of life back to the roots without electricity and basic stuffs and one of the most modern countries in the world, they took their decision

Anyway this is soon history and Berry can’t wait to sign normalisation with Israel. Great cash on the corner
You're confusing Shebaa with Ghajar.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

JB81

Legendary Member
The roadmap and new Constitution:

1- Federalism and redrawing of new Federal states: Zgharta Batroun Koura Bshareh to portion of deir ahmar and baalbak (Christian towns) can form a state. Jbeil Keserwen Maten, parts of Baabda and east Beirut another state. And so on, or all can form one state from Zgharta to East Beirut.
2- A secular state, no shar3 wala ballout, only one civic law that treats every citizen equal
3- The President(Christian), but his role is really symbolic. Just, that a country in the ME had a Christian head of state. Nothing more or less.
4- -Electoral districts based on newly formed states, each have representatives according to their constituency size. Proportional 100 mps max
- a new senate is formed to represent the states, comes in double for each state, 2- 4-6, equal representation to each state, and religious one. It depends on how many states, not to over exceed 20 senators overall. 10 Christian 10 Muslim
5- National Cabinet, small bureaucracy, basically it takes care of foreign relations and Defense.

Danny Z

Legendary Member
The roadmap and new Constitution:

1- Federalism and redrawing of new Federal states: Zgharta Batroun Koura Bshareh to portion of deir ahmar and baalbak (Christian towns) can form a state. Jbeil Keserwen Maten, parts of Baabda and east Beirut another state. And so on, or all can form one state from Zgharta to East Beirut.
2- A secular state, no shar3 wala ballout, only one civic law that treats every citizen equal
3- The President(Christian), but his role is really symbolic. Just, that a country in the ME had a Christian head of state. Nothing more or less.
4- -Electoral districts based on newly formed states, each have representatives according to their constituency size. Proportional 100 mps max
- a new senate is formed to represent the states, comes in double for each state, 2- 4-6, equal representation to each state, and religious one. It depends on how many states, not to over exceed 20 senators overall. 10 Christian 10 Muslim
5- National Cabinet, small bureaucracy, basically it takes care of foreign relations and Defense.
a secular state whose president is Christian and senators half muslim half Christians, shou hall mashrou3 el fazi3

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
a secular state whose president is Christian and senators half muslim half Christians, shou hall mashrou3 el fazi3
It's just better to admit that a secular state is impossible in Lebanon.

JB81

Legendary Member

You don't want to wake up one day like Turkey; secular turned ekhwan

Last edited:

JB81

Legendary Member

Exactly; hence we all know even in sebe3 mousta7ilet it happened... once cannot assure it can survive while Christian numbers are dwelling

Danny Z

Legendary Member
You don't want to wake up one day like Turkey
turkey is a secular state but secularism is not just on paper, it should be in the minds first then written on paper to confirm what the minds think
That's more like the issue, people are not secular, then the state will never become secular no matter what you write in the constitution, you need to change the minds first. Turkey wrote on paper that it is a secular state yet they teach islam in schools and it is mandatory, their minds are not secular, the same happens in Lebanon, they are not secular but at least nobody pretends it is.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
turkey is a secular state but secularism is not just on paper, it should be in the minds first then written on paper to confirm what the minds think

That's more like the issue, people are not secular, then the state will never become secular no matter what you write in the constitution, you need to change the minds first. Turkey wrote on paper that it is a secular state yet they teach islam in schools and it is mandatory, their minds are not secular, the same happens in Lebanon, they are not secular but at least nobody pretends it is.
I think the best thing we can do for now is changing some details here and there, but Lebanese will always be sectarian. It's in our DNA.

The best for everyone is to agree to redesign the maps with Syria and parti the region. Christians want to be alone, Shiaa can’t live with anyone and Sunni can’t wait to join the wider Ummah.

Lebanon has no future all together. It doesn’t work and will not work.

We tried all systems and all failed although under Maronitism the living conditions were way better and the passport a good document allowing you to travel anywhere

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@Rafidi do you really think we have time right now to talk about the electoral law? Christians will ask for stuff if return like a Senate and administrative decentralization. Then they will need to discuss the powers of the Senate and the region. Knowing how stuff work in Lebanon, Imam Mahdi would have come and they will still be bickering.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
@Rafidi do you really think we have time right now to talk about the electoral law? Christians will ask for stuff if return like a Senate and administrative decentralization. Then they will need to discuss the powers of the Senate and the region. Knowing how stuff work in Lebanon, Imam Mahdi would have come and they will still be bickering.

Always stalling, leaders always failing to reach agreement or make decisions except when a foreign leader press their buttons are examples of a failed state and a failed system.

This is even more reason for the people to reclaim power and be the owners of sovereignty and power. The people should rule and decide on key issues, even if it means we conduct a referendum once every month. When the people decide, the people bear responsibility for their decisions and things will move faster.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Always stalling, leaders always failing to reach agreement or make decisions except when a foreign leader press their buttons are examples of a failed state and a failed system.

This is even more reason for the people to reclaim power and be the owners of sovereignty and power. The people should rule and decide on key issues, even if it means we conduct a referendum once every month. When the people decide, the people bear responsibility for their decisions and things will move faster.
But the people are sectarian to the teeth.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Let us say yes, but it doesn't matter. Sovereignty belongs to the people.The leaders in parliament arent any better. They are worse. They are sellouts.
We need the people to not vote for sectarian leaders.

Also, don't we have more pressing issues right now?

Rafidi

Legendary Member
We need the people to not vote for sectarian leaders.

Also, don't we have more pressing issues right now?

Cant you see you are confused?

When the electrical law is sectarian and divided to suit the crooks, what options are the people left with? They have the option to vote for sectarian leaders or to not vote. The very reason the electoral law should be a one district law. Enough with the permutations and dividing the country into tight electoral districts for the big parties and sectarian warlords to win without any challenge.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Cant you see you are confused?

When the electrical law is sectarian and divided to suit the crooks, what options are the people left with? They have the option to vote for sectarian leaders or to not vote. The very reason the electoral law should be a one district law. Enough with the permutations and dividing the country into tight electoral districts for the big parties and sectarian warlords to win without any challenge.
And Berri is proposing something that would end his career?

elAshtar

Legendary Member

That is not accurate