• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Justice Thread

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

++++
@NadaBoustani

·
8h
بانتظار المستندات السويسرية اتحدّى أن يذكرا المصارف التي حولت منها الأموال الى الخارج وانا بانتظارهما مع من يشاء من وسائل الاعلام غداً الساعة التاسعة صباحاً لزيارة هذه المصارف ورفع السرية المصرفية عن حساباتي أمام الجميع والا فانتما كاذبان ومصيركما السجن
How can two transactions, from 2 separate lebanese banks, at 2 different dates, end up on one receipt slip? Is this supposed to be a summary slip? If so, then why do they combine the 2 dates at the top rather than detail each transaction as is the norm?
Smells like fake sara7a...!

oldschool

The number is wrong. It’s written backwards because typed by some stupid uwet. This is ridiculous lol. And they conveniently don’t mention the lebanese bank name

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
@ALJADEEDNEWS

·
8m

الوزيرة السابقة ندى بستاني للجديد: سوف أسير بالدعوى ضد من حاول التشهير بي... وما جرى يندرج في إطار البروباغندا السياسية

الوزيرة السابقة ندى بستاني للجديد: لا أملك أي حساب في أي بنك بسويسرا والمستندات التي ادعى أصحابها أنني حولت أموالاً للخارج مزورة

agnostic

Legendary Member
Any lawyer in the house? Can the ppl who posted this on twitter really end up in jail?
@Abou Sandal

I am not a lawyer

I see here two exceptions for these people to not be punished (not surely jail) :
1. exceptio veritatis : when the published information is true. And they should show that they had the proof of the information before they publish it
2. Good faith : these people can prove that they sincerely believed the information was true. But in this case they should remove the publication as soon as it appears that the information was false or as soon as Nada Bustani file a complaint about. in this last case, people of good faith have to wait the result of the complaint before they consider the information true

Last edited:

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I am not a lawyer

I see here two exceptions for these people to not be punished (not surely jail) :
1. exceptio veritatis : when the published information is true
2. Good faith : these people sincerely believe the information was true. But in this case they should remove the publication as soon as it appears that the information was false or as soon as Nada Bustani file a complaint about. in this last case, people of good faith have to wait the result of the complaint before they consider the information true
am wondering if it will be a slander lawsuit and the max that happens is a fine, or if there is a risk that the perpetrators go to jail... of course if the ex-minister indeed is innocent.

agnostic

Legendary Member
am wondering if it will be a slander lawsuit and the max that happens is a fine, or if there is a risk that the perpetrators go to jail... of course if the ex-minister indeed is innocent.

I did not follow this issue. But in the lawless state of Lebanon a fine would be the maximum she may obtain...

Abotareq93

Legendary Member

I think they are prepared for the fine scenario. That's no problem at all as their sponsors will pay but people who are usually influenced by this kind of cheap propaganda will keep repeating this false accusation as a fact even if Nada Boustani wins in court exactly like Bassil aeroplane. So, MTV will have reached their goal. Now, if the punishment is one year jail for example, this will teach them a lesson and they will think 100 times before spreading false rumors.

elias-aj

Legendary Member
These slanders through social media are becoming a real problem. Two days ago, a well known Chef in Paris committed suicide due to accusations of sexual assaults that spread through social media (instagram and / or twitter), then relayed by a news website.

Nada Boustani's case is of course way less serious but I think that it would be a good thing if the Courts make an example so to force the media and news outlets to double check the information before publishing it.

agnostic

Legendary Member
Why isn't Nada Bustani pursuing for fake which is more appropriate here and more serious than defamation?

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
ستكمالا للاجراءات التي تتخذها ردا على حملة الاتهامات والاكاذيب التي طالتها حول تحويلها اموال الى سويسرا، توجهت الوزيرة السابقة ندى بستاني اليوم الى كل من مصرف لبنان وهيئة التحقيق الخاصة وجمعية المصارف، وذلك بحسب مراسلة ال
"otv".

وبعدها اصدرت جمعية المصارف تعميماً أكدت خلاله رفعها السرية المصرفية ووضعها بتصرف مختلف وسائل الاعلام التلفزيونية".

واشارت مراسلة ال
"otv"
إلى ان "بستاني سجلت مكتوبا في مصرف لبنان ولدى هيئة التخقيق الخاصة تطلب فيه انه في حال ثبت انها حولت اي مبلغ من حسابها او غير حسابها عبر اسمها الى خارج البلد ان يضع ذلك بتصرف الجميع.