The latest of Dory Chamoun

TayyaRevolution

When Feb14 is lost and confused with nowhere to run, they start attacking General Aoun.

They think by taunting Aoun, they will miraculously find a way out of their hole. In the end, their speeches are good for 2mins to their supporters. They have their daily dose of anti-aounism...... then 2mins later it's back to reality.

Aoun presses on with real issues, Feb14 potatoes still stuck with their aoun complex.

Feb14 wish their had 1 ounce of Aoun's resilience, patriotism, honesty and trustworthiness. Just ONE ounce. It is precisely the reason they are jealous of him. And it is precisely the reason he is under attack. They can not even reach from Aoun's toes to his ankles, so they try and demonize him and bring him down to their level.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Vexing. I understand this is an old topic. I find it rather sick that chamoun allows himself to be exploited in such a matter on future TV. I understand his motivation though, chamoun grew up on the hopes of inheriting his father’s support base and that gave rise to his conflicts with Dany (RIP) who not only was by far more charismatic but he was also smarter and more fit for leadership, these traits didn’t go unnoticed by the partisans back then.

Having been somewhat close to the party during the period that followed Dany’s assassination, I witnessed firsthand the confrontation between Dory and Tracy, along with the reactions of the party’s political committee. Dory was ready to do whatever it takes to take control of the party, mostly to flatter his own ego, not because he had a concrete plan of getting the party somewhere. And as can be seen, couple of decades after the fact, he has yet to present any positive and concrete improvement.

Dory’s dreams were crushed by FPM, most the political bureau members became hardcore supporters of GMA, just like the party’s support base. Dory feels like GMA robbed him of his birthright to inherit a major party. The conflict is not about politics, as far as Dory is concerned, this is personal. Even inside deir el amar people are sick silly of Dory, and they feel so bitter that the memory of Camil Chamoun is now reduced to this “chauffeur el-bousta” as he likes to metaphorically portray himself.

Dory belongs to the long gone past, has nothing to offer, and is not even an asset his own M14 buddies. Which makes him a good candidate for assassination given his expendability and the apparent target selection patterns.

antelias

Interesting part of the chorus of shetameen,

When Feb14 is lost and confused with nowhere to run, they start attacking General Aoun.

They think by taunting Aoun, they will miraculously find a way out of their hole. In the end, their speeches are good for 2mins to their supporters. They have their daily dose of anti-aounism...... then 2mins later it's back to reality.

Aoun presses on with real issues, Feb14 potatoes still stuck with their aoun complex.

Feb14 wish their had 1 ounce of Aoun's resilience, patriotism, honesty and trustworthiness. Just ONE ounce. It is precisely the reason they are jealous of him. And it is precisely the reason he is under attack. They can not even reach from Aoun's toes to his ankles, so they try and demonize him and bring him down to their level.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So I stumbled on this 40-year old interview with Dory Chamoun on Youtube.
Notice his fluency of speech and impeccable command of English
I think he's a very well-spoken man. It's a shame he didn't live up to his potential.

Now compare him with the illiterate Bachir...

"Lebanon is easy to eat but very difficult to digest" LOL
"The Palestinians and Syrians didn't understood"
"The more the USA was giving us a more responsible ear"
"Changement"

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I think he's a very well-spoken man. It's a shame he didn't live up to his potential.

"Changement"
Not to put one against the other but dori’s father was the president of the republic but also the former amabassador to the UK. It’s not shocking that he’s had a better education than the son of a pharmacy owner with nazi sympathies :)...

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

"Changement"

Just because a guy is French educated and doesn't speak English well doesn't mean he is illiterate. Making that statement make people conclude you are either idiotic, or simply just bashing a person unfairly out of hate. If speaking a foreign language is your measure, find an interview with Bashir in French, you will be happy :)

and by the way Dory went to university in the UK, his dad was ambassador to the UK and UN, travelled extensively while young. I am surprised his english isn't better :)

Last edited:

eLad

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

"Changement"
Bachir illiterate? Lol
He studied law and political science in USJ

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Language, though a plus, doest not a leader make...

Bachir did the wrong things for the right cause, and was a charismatic leader

Dory was less charismatic but a very good politician - and on the right side of history.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Comparing dory chamoun with bachir is ridiculous

Why? I think if either Dory and Dany were in power they would have made better Christian leaders than Bachir.
They advocated secularism and held values that were aligned with present-day FPM.

Lebanon_not_Arabic

"Changement"
Dory and Dany were English educated (school and university), so it’s normal to be fluent in English, while Bachir was French educated (school and university).

Back in the 80ies, French schools and universities were dominating.

Nabih Berri graduated from a French speaking school (Sagesse):

Interview Nabih Berri - Vidéo Ina.fr

You do not want to listen to his english :
“we need 7ramat and battaniyyat”

Last edited:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Dory and Dany were English educated (school and university), so it’s normal to be fluent in English, while Bachir was French educated (school and university).

Back in the 80ies, French schools and universities were dominating.

Nabih Berri graduated from a French speaking school (Sagesse):

Interview Nabih Berri - Vidéo Ina.fr

You do not want to listen to his english :
“we need 7ramat and battaniyyat”

7ada allak I'm an Amal supporter?
Not sure why you insist to shove him in my face every chance you can.
I don't care for the guy.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I didn’t mean you’re an Amal supporter (but when push comes to shove...el damm ma bi sir mayy)

LOL mish kil el 3alam bitfakkir metlak, dude. I don't overlook someone's crimes or exaggerate their achievements just because they happen to be from my own sect. Nabih Berri means absolutely nothing to me. He should be in jail, paying for his crimes during the civil war.