The lebanese passport and visa free travel

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
The Lebanese passport can take you to 38 countries without need to apply for visa before travelling. The Lebanese passport poorly ranks at 122 globally among other countries.

The following are the 38 countries:
Armenia,
Bangladesh

Bolivia
Cambodia

Cape Verde
Comoros

Djibouti
Dominica
Ecuador
Georgia
Guinea-Bissau

Haiti
Indonesia

Iran
Jordan
Laos
Madagascar
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritania
Mauritius
Micronesia
Mozambique
Nepal
Niue

Oman
Palau
Samoa
Seychelles
Sri Lanka
Syria
Tajikistan
Timor-Leste
Togo
Turkey
Tuvalu
Uganda

In addition to the above 38, South Africa recently issued a visa waiver for Lebanese nationals.

Questions that must be asked:

1. Is this poor ranking for the Lebanese passport a verdict on the poor performance of our foreign ministry?

2. With out proximity to Europe, why are Turkish nationals allowed visa free into Schengen territories but Lebanese nationals are not?

3. What are the factors for this poor ranking of the Lebanese passport?

In my opinion, if developed countries allow visa free for the Lebanese passport holders, Lebanon will become an empty land! That may actually be a way of solving many of our problems. Lebanon is just four million people and they will easily fit and be absorbed into other countries. Most Lebanese will migrate undoubtedly.

Aside, why do we allow some nationals visa free into Lebanon while their own countries do not reciprocate the gestures to Lebanese citizens for visa free entry?

Why do Lebanese require a visa to Saudi Arabia, the country always seeking relevance in Lebanese internal affairs?

And finally, why do Arab League member countries not establish a travel free zone, common currency and passport and free trade zone? Even the west Africans have these privileges.

• Advertisement
  • W

wdawle1

We rank higher then Syria, Iraq or Iran, if we remain in that Syria -Iran axis dont expect our passport ranking to improve any bit. If we get out of it, we might be somewhat Jordan level.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    We rank higher then Syria, Iraq or Iran, if we remain in that Syria -Iran axis dont expect our passport ranking to improve any bit. If we get out of it, we might be somewhat Jordan level.
    Well, I dont understand the link.

Do you know why I see no link? Was it any better before the 1979 Iranian revolution? I doubt it.

Do we use to have visa free entry to France, at least...our colonial master and "2om el 7anooneh"?

Further, do we dictate to others what their internal policies or foreign policies must be before granting them free visa entry? Internal and foreign policies are tied to our sovereignty and should not be compromised for any blackmailer's gift.

And please do not derail my thread.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    If I may add to my above response, acquiring Lebanese passport passes through stringent methods and fingerprinting. The Lebanese citizenship is so difficult to acquire. I dont see why our surrounding should affect us in getting free visa entries into other countries or into more countries.

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If I may add to my above response, acquiring Lebanese passport passes through stringent methods and fingerprinting. The Lebanese citizenship is so difficult to acquire. I dont see why our surrounding should affect us in getting free visa entries into other countries or into more countries.
    It has nothing to do with foreign policy... lebanon is a zoo. Lebanese people have unfortunately been involved in activities the other countries deem to be terrorist ones, regardless of what you might think of them. You can acquire weapons easily, you could be affiliated to Fundamentliat groups of any religion (ma aktaroun) and security is not well controlled... furthermore, we are notorious for immigrating to other countries... most of them feel they should vet us before allowing us access...

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    It has nothing to do with foreign policy... lebanon is a zoo. Lebanese people have unfortunately been involved in activities the other countries deem to be terrorist ones, regardless of what you might think of them. You can acquire weapons easily, you could be affiliated to Fundamentliat groups of any religion (ma aktaroun) and security is not well controlled... furthermore, we are notorious for immigrating to other countries... most of them feel they should vet us before allowing us access...
    I didnt say it has to do with foreign policy. It was @wdawle1 who brought foreign policy into the discussion.

Who is a terrorist and who isn't has unfortunately been rendered a matter of point of view. The US has politicized the definition of terrorism to suit its selfish and unilateral interests. Freedom fighting groups against occupation have been labeled terrorists. While the US itself in its constitution gives its people the right to form militias to protect and defend their freedom and rights. And the same USA actually supported terrorist groups like alqaeda and ISIS, which have nothing to do with fighting occupation or any national cause, like freeing their country from invasion.

Regarding weapons and terrorists blah blah blah...among those hijackers of 9/11, there was an emirati and yet, emiratis get visa on arrival to EU countries and Canada.

Aside, why do Saudis and emiratis enter Lebanon visa free but we require visa to these two countries, for instance?

I think our foreign ministry is either sleeping or our govt is happy that its citizens be maltreated or treated unfairly and unequally.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    @walidos

And yes we are famous, not notorious, for emigrating to other countries. And we have fared well in this aspect. Relative to our country's population, we are the most travelled nationality in the world. You can hardly go anywhere that you wont find Lebanese and their establishments like schools, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other business ventures. We are industrious and entrepreneurial. We have established businesses, and supported or contributed to economies of many countries. We have settled in them and intermarried and sacrificed our lives in those countries.

The preferential treatment given to certain nationalities, both by other countries and by our own govt can only be explained by them. It makes no sense. It only portrays the concerned govts in bad light of prejudice and bias and unfairness and (promoting) inequality.

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    @walidos

And yes we are famous, not notorious, for emigrating to other countries. And we have fared well in this aspect. Relative to our country's population, we are the most travelled nationality in the world. You can hardly go anywhere that you wont find Lebanese and their establishments like schools, restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other business ventures. We are industrious and entrepreneurial. We have established businesses, and supported or contributed to economies of many countries. We have settled in them and intermarried and sacrificed our lives in those countries.

The preferential treatment given to certain nationalities, both by other countries and by our own govt can only be explained by them. It makes no sense. It only portrays the concerned govts in bad light of prejudice and bias and unfairness and (promoting) inequality.
    Well we can rant... but Saudi and Emirati security is tight... the airportis in the UAE for example is pretty well organised and measures are strict and followed...

But yes it is a matter of opinion unfortunately... the west wants to vet Lebanese people before granting them permission to enter its countries... Lebanese and a whole bunch of other nationalities that are not on any terror list... however the security situation in those countries are, like ours, flimsy... I think this is the biggest issue

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    This is primarily a reflection of lack of state control in Lebanon.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Well we can rant... but Saudi and Emirati security is tight... the airportis in the UAE for example is pretty well organised and measures are strict and followed...

But yes it is a matter of opinion unfortunately... the west wants to vet Lebanese people before granting them permission to enter its countries... Lebanese and a whole bunch of other nationalities that are not on any terror list... however the security situation in those countries are, like ours, flimsy... I think this is the biggest issue
    No it is not a matter of opinion. The Lebanese state needs to get its act together.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member

But how does improved airport security affect visa procedures? Aren't there planes flying to Europe and America? If it is a matter of airport security, then we shouldn't have those direct flights and even their carriers landing on our airport.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    No it is not a matter of opinion. The Lebanese state needs to get its act together.
    Actually, the Lebanese government wouldn't want visa waiver for the citizens. The country will remain empty and the sectarian oligarchs will rule themselves and their families. They have diplomatic passports and easy access to free travelling. If the western countries would offer Lebanese passport holders visa free entry, you might be shocked that the Lebanese govt will ask them not to. We have to pay high taxes and pay for high cost of living low standards to benefit the sectarian oligarchs.

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter

Lebanon ranks lower than North Korea.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Why the f*ck would we go to Iran, Syria or Armenia? Their already all here lol.

kalel

kalel

Orange Room Supporter

It has nothing to do with airport security. Simply put, ties to Iran destroy our credibility and trust vis a vis other countries. Such restrictions not only apply to VISA applications and travel but also for finance, trade, banking etc.. Lebanon is considered a high risk country.

I wonder if the country wasn't affiliated to Iran where the ranking would be. Does anyone know whats the high ranking we ever had ? or is it the current one?

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But how does improved airport security affect visa procedures? Aren't there planes flying to Europe and America? If it is a matter of airport security, then we shouldn't have those direct flights and even their carriers landing on our airport.
    I mean an affiliate with a terrorist cell (again as per the USA or UK or whatever country) is more likely to be able to bypass Lebanese security but not emirati or Saudi...

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It has nothing to do with airport security. Simply put, ties to Iran destroy our credibility and trust vis a vis other countries. Such restrictions not only apply to VISA applications and travel but also for finance, trade, banking etc.. Lebanon is considered a high risk country.

I wonder if the country wasn't affiliated to Iran where the ranking would be. Does anyone know whats the high ranking we ever had ? or is it the current one?
    Ties to Iran are a political thing, but that’s not why western countries vet us. Europe is ok with Iran these days, I don’t see any relaxation of the visa procedures... it’s about who can potentially commit a terrorist act (they believe there are lots of Lebanese citizens willing to carry out terrorist actions) so they need to vet us. The airport security is another thing, of course we have no political, economical (or any other field) weight... while Saudi and the emirates have more weight... still for example, Saudis and emiratis need visas for the USA. So it is a combination of all of the above

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Ties to Iran are a political thing, but that’s not why western countries vet us. Europe is ok with Iran these days, I don’t see any relaxation of the visa procedures... it’s about who can potentially commit a terrorist act (they believe there are lots of Lebanese citizens willing to carry out terrorist actions) so they need to vet us. The airport security is another thing, of course we have no political, economical (or any other field) weight... while Saudi and the emirates have more weight... still for example, Saudis and emiratis need visas for the USA. So it is a combination of all of the above
    So of all the terrorist acts in the West, how many have Lebanese carried out? None to my knowledge, aside from the stray bullet among the 9/11 hijackers.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why the f*ck would we go to Iran, Syria or Armenia? Their already all here lol.
    I would love to visit Armenia. What's wrong with it? And what's wrong with the Armenians in Lebanon? They're more Lebanese than most pure-blooded Lebanese.