The lebanese passport and visa free travel

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So of all the terrorist acts in the West, how many have Lebanese carried out? None to my knowledge, aside from the stray bullet among the 9/11 hijackers.
Probably none, but then again, same applies to a country like Burkina Faso... how many terrorist attacks were carried out by burkinabés? Yet they still need visas to almost everywhere... but I’m not able to understanding what you are getting at... many countries enforce obtaining a visa for Lebanese before they are allowed to travel there... what is the point of this discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    I

I think our foreign ministry is either sleeping or our govt is happy that its citizens be maltreated or treated unfairly and unequally.
    You are right. We should give it back to the Shiites. They did an amazing job with it before Gebran Bassil destroyed everything, just like they do an amazing job in convincing the developed world we are a trustworthy partner...

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Probably none, but then again, same applies to a country like Burkina Faso... how many terrorist attacks were carried out by burkinabés? Yet they still need visas to almost everywhere... but I’m not able to understanding what you are getting at... many countries enforce obtaining a visa for Lebanese before they are allowed to travel there... what is the point of this discussion?
    Burkinabes dont need visa to travel to Mauritania or Senegal. I'm hitting at the proximity of Lebanon to Europe. We can compare ourselves to the Turks and the Emiratis. Not to Burkinabes. That comparison is a far cry.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    You are right. We should give it back to the Shiites. They did an amazing job with it before Gebran Bassil destroyed everything, just like they do an amazing job in convincing the developed world we are a trustworthy partner...
    Ok, I am not asking for that. And you didn't give it to the "Shiites". the amal movement representatives were foreign ministers.

Since Gebran has golden b**** dangling in between his legs, let's see what he'd do differently and better to wow us. The same standards that you guys hold other parties, you will be held accountable to them.

L

Lebe

I like how people quickly jump to claim that Lebanon siding with Iran is the reason. Egypt and Jordan are both not much higher on the list, and they're both not allied with Iran.

We really need to come down to earth and realize we are not as godly and special as we believe we are. Even most of the GCC countries need to apply for a Schenghen visa.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Maybe because a significant percentage of the Lebanese population are supporters/operatives of an organization that is classified as Terrorist by US/Canada/EU/UK/Australia ? just maybe..

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    I like how people quickly jump to claim that Lebanon siding with Iran is the reason. Egypt and Jordan are both not much higher on the list, and they're both not allied with Iran.

We really need to come down to earth and realize we are not as godly and special as we believe we are. Even most of the GCC countries need to apply for a Schenghen visa.
    Sha3eb many***

What do you expect from such people?

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter

Terrorist acts committed by Lebanese people started before HA and are not exclusive to those aligned with Iran (eg georges Abdallah, Jarrah, etc.)

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Terrorist acts committed by Lebanese people started before HA and are not exclusive to those aligned with Iran (eg georges Abdallah, Jarrah, etc.)
    While it could be a factor, i doubt it's the main reason.
    There are countries that hosted and to some extent still have people with Ideologies that were considered terrorists (IRA for example), yet have passports that rank high

Long story short,
    i think it's quite simple to understand the 'Why'
    when applying for a short stay/tourist VISA, the documents/information you provide serve the purpose to confirm that you are returning home at the end of your stay

Countries with high immigration tendencies (Like Africa/Jarab countries) have low index passport for the sole reason to combat illegal immigration and residencies

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    One reason is security, the other is likelihood of visitors overstaying illegally.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Everyone would try to illegally immigrate.
    Turkish citizens get free access into Schengen countries because they have an able president.

When Europe refuses his demands, he threatens to open the floodgates of refugees into Europe.

Maybe Lebanon should try similar tactics to get concessions. We open our doors to sub-Saharan migrants and allow them to migrate to Europe in boats.

But unfortunately, our sectarian oligarchs themselves wouldn't want such concession of free/easy travel to Lebanese. Lebanon will become desolate and everyone of the four million Lebanese they are milking will leave and relocate elsewhere for a better life where people are treated as human beings and not sectarian footsoldiers and bondage slaves and servants.

Otherwise, I see no reason why the Turks can enter Europe freely and we cannot.

Each time any Lebanese or family member has to visit Europe, he/she has to go through a long tiring and time consuming application as if we are applying for entry into immortality.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Turkish citizens get free access into Schengen countries because they have an able president.
    Not true. While the Turkish passport is ranked higher than the Lebanese one, it does not grant Turkish citizens visa-free entry to Schengen countries.

Turkey has a history of illegal immigration to Europe.

LVV

LVV

Kel l7a2 3ala Gebran w PMA.

RESIGN!
    This closeness to HA lowered your standing in the world
    We are seen as a Failed Nation
    Is it possible Zimbabwe passeport is better than Lebanon passeport since Bassil is foreign Minister

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Why the f*ck would we go to Iran, Syria or Armenia? Their already all here lol.

Since when is Armenia in the same basket as the barbaric Muslim countries of Iran and Syria? Armenia may be relatively 'poor' but it's a clean, education oriented country with a civilized population. And most importantly, it's completely FREE of Muslims.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Since when is Armenia in the same basket as the barbaric Muslim countries of Iran and Syria? Armenia may be relatively 'poor' but it's a clean, education oriented country with a civilized population. And most importantly, it's completely FREE of Muslims.
    It's a moderately interesting country with hot voluptuous women. But the Kevorks and Hagops are nothing to write home about.

Reactions: LVV