The Levant’s DNA mosaic

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

But according to our anti-semitic members, Jews are completely foreign colonizers, so how can a Lebanese girl score 42.6 Jewish on a DNA test?

• Advertisement
  • fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But according to our anti-semitic members, Jews are completely foreign colonizers, so how can a Lebanese girl score 42.6 Jewish on a DNA test?

Your opening sentence is simply idiotic with a 13/78 mark on the FG scale.

Allow me to elaborate though; Lebanese cannot possibly be anti-semitic, this lie does not work here because Lebanese are themselves semitic people as well.
    Now that we got that rather broad label out of the way, Nobody is claiming that Jews are colonizers, European Jews however are what their name implies, European and not native to this land and their planned and calculated arrival to Palestine and the subsequent events that followed are what scholars and respected academics call colonization without batting an eye.

The vast majority of the people living in the Levant can be traced to ancestors who were adopting the Jewish faith before converting to other monotheist religion, that's a sensible ting to say. Claiming however that there is something as Jewish DNA is outlandish, let alone screening for it.

Your piece of propaganda is worthless here, and its nature ultimately reflects on your own character.

Last edited:
    Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Most Lebanese that take these tests get a lot of Mizrahi and Sephardic Jewish.
    I was literally about to order the test 2 days ago
    but i changed my mind
    Now i'm kinda curious again, thanks to your thread...

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Most Lebanese that take these tests get a lot of Mizrahi and Sephardic Jewish.
    It is because both Lebanese and Jews are of Canaanite origins. The former converted from Baalism to Christianity, latter converted to Judaism and remained.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

DNA companies are a fraud. They're nowhere near as accurate and besides why would someone give their DNA data to a private company?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Your opening sentence is simply idiotic with a 13/78 mark on the FG scale.

Allow me to elaborate though; Lebanese cannot possibly be anti-semitic, this lie does not work here because Lebanese are themselves semitic people as well.
    Now that we got that rather broad label out of the way, Nobody is claiming that Jews are colonizers, European Jews however are what their name implies, European and not native to this land and their planned and calculated arrival to Palestine and the subsequent events that followed are what scholars and respected academics call colonization without batting an eye.

The vast majority of the people living in the Levant can be traced to ancestors who were adopting the Jewish faith before converting to other monotheist religion, that's a sensible ting to say. Claiming however that there is something as Jewish DNA is outlandish, let alone screening for it.

Your piece of propaganda is worthless here, and its nature ultimately reflects on your own character.

Askhenazi Jews are not simply European converts. That theory has been disproved for years. Their paternal lineage and y-dna distribution is basically all Middle Eastern and pretty much identical to other Levantine populations. This is scientific consensus. Their female lineages are indeed more mixed and seem to be mostly of Italian origins. So this goes well with history that Jews moved to Rome during the Roman Empire and took Italian wives, then after the fall of the empire they started moving north and became very isolated.

Judaism is as much of a religion as they are a people and they've been isolated for a long time so it's not difficult to detect Jewish blood. So of course when a Lebanese scores Jewish on these DNA tests it simply means shared Canaanite ancestry like @The_FPMer stated.

Genetic studies on Jews - Wikipedia

Askhenazim may not be 100% native to the land but you can't deny their origins in the Levant and the fact they are still 50% Levantine even after 2000 years in Europe proves they kept their identity. Plus they kept the native language, culture and religion.

And if you wanna play this 'purity' game, only isolated groups like Christians, Druze or Samaritans are 100% or almost 100% native to the land. Most Muslims have Arabian and other foreign admixtures to varying degrees, not to mention Arabic language and Islam are completely foreign as well, so I guess that would also make them colonizers in your definition.

Anyway, my point is they are as much native to the land as Levantine Arabs and these tests only prove this. So if anything it should bring people together.

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

Yemeni dna > jewish dna

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Is there a scientology dna test? ?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

lol, pretty sad to be as obsessed with those DNA tests.

May your DNA test come back 90% Arab.
    Lol nothing wrong with science. If it wasn't for genetic studies people would still believe anti-semitic lies that Askhenazim are Khazars or Arab nationalist lies that Levantine Christians are Arabs/Ghassanids.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Askhenazi Jews are not simply European converts. That theory has been disproved for years. Their paternal lineage and y-dna distribution is basically all Middle Eastern and pretty much identical to other Levantine populations. This is scientific consensus. Their female lineages are indeed more mixed and seem to be mostly of Italian origins. So this goes well with history that Jews moved to Rome during the Roman Empire and took Italian wives, then after the fall of the empire they started moving north and became very isolated.

Judaism is as much of a religion as they are a people and they've been isolated for a long time so it's not difficult to detect Jewish blood. So of course when a Lebanese scores Jewish on these DNA tests it simply means shared Canaanite ancestry like @The_FPMer stated.

Genetic studies on Jews - Wikipedia

Askhenazim may not be 100% native to the land but you can't deny their origins in the Levant and the fact they are still 50% Levantine even after 2000 years in Europe proves they kept their identity. Plus they kept the native language, culture and religion.

And if you wanna play this 'purity' game, only isolated groups like Christians, Druze or Samaritans are 100% or almost 100% native to the land. Most Muslims have Arabian and other foreign admixtures to varying degrees, not to mention Arabic language and Islam are completely foreign as well, so I guess that would also make them colonizers in your definition.

Anyway, my point is they are as much native to the land as Levantine Arabs and these tests only prove this. So if anything it should bring people together.
    Regardless of the fact that these people's genetic and ancestral claim to Palestine is really debatable, it simply amounts to nothing but an extreme form of racist claim of superiority.
    The early Viking tribes that settled in what is today Great Britain, have a better claim to Norway than the Eastern European Jews have to Palestine if we follow your own logic, or lack of. What about the Palestinians themselves?

Once you understand the simple and undeniable fact that Jewry is a international collective of various people from various ethnic backgrounds sharing a single faith, rather than a single ethnic group that existed solely in one single defined patch of land, then a discussion can be valuable. However, my gut tells me that this definition of Jewry does not suit your narrative. In that case, you can continue with your life being a racist on false grounds; good luck with that.

Last edited:
    J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

To be fair, she didn't say she is Lebanese. She said she has been told she is Lebanese, and that one of her grandparents is an immigrant to Argentina, he could have been a jewish immigrant. Besides there are Jews in Lebanon, and there were a lot more back when that person immigrated to Argentina. This whole thread is funny but nothing wrong with some fun I suppose. I do not think this forum should tolerate any kind of bigotry against any group.

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The tests Tell you which part of the world your ancestors were from... I did one, and now I know both my maternal and paternal haplogroup :) so I share ancestry with people who have the same haplogroups! Massalan, I share DNA with one of the first American presidents! The rest is much less extraordinary ...

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Haplogroups don't mean anything. If someone had an ancestor that lived in what is now called the Arabian Peninsula but his descendants migrated to Lebanon about 2000 years ago. Is that person Arab? I don't think so.

Mrsrxmas

Mrsrxmas

Somehow a Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Haplogroups don't mean anything. If someone had an ancestor that lived in what is now called the Arabian Peninsula but his descendants migrated to Lebanon about 2000 years ago. Is that person Arab? I don't think so.
    asking for a friend?