• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Levant’s DNA mosaic

SAVO

SAVO

and there is this too

You most likely had a fourth-great-grandparent, fifth-great-grandparent, sixth-great-grandparent, or seventh-great- (or greater) grandparent who was 100% Coptic Egyptian. This person was likely born between 1710 and 1800.

coptic and cypriot are both orthodox christians . maybe there could be some connection there .

• Advertisement
  • X

Xynus87

and there is this too

You most likely had a fourth-great-grandparent, fifth-great-grandparent, sixth-great-grandparent, or seventh-great- (or greater) grandparent who was 100% Coptic Egyptian. This person was likely born between 1710 and 1800.

coptic and cypriot are both orthodox christians . maybe there could be some connection there .
    Not sure if you should take the Cypriot, Iranian/Mesopotamian and Egyptian thing with 100% certainty. After all the results are more of approximations with 50% confidence.

X

Xynus87

E1b1a1a1f
    E1b1a1a1f is defined by L485. The basal node E-L485* appears to be somewhat uncommon but has not been sufficiently tested in large populations. The ancestral L485 SNP (along with several of its subclades) was very recently discovered. Some of these SNPs have little or no published population data and/or have yet to receive nomenclature recognition by the YCC.

By the way, I forgot to ask, what is your family name? If you're comfortable to share it, send it through DM. I have some stuff to tell you about.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I'm curious, what haplogroup did they assign you? I'll be doing 23&me, or ancestry, soon and I might post my results here. Nothing is known of my oldest paternal ancestor, who lived around 400 years ago, my maternal family is allegedly from 12th century northern Syria and I have some ancestors from the Galilee. This will be a fun ride ;)
    Hi @Xynus87 , my maternal haplogroup is M3 ,waiting on my paternal haplogroup (might take a few weeks). Maternal side we have a lot of Caucasus/Mesopotamian input (around 24%) , probably like you said dated back to the bronze age. very low frequency of arab (2.8%) and high frequency of Levant (40%) . Not sure what to make with the broadly levant/arab/egyptian category % in 23andme, they don't have more data?

my paternal family is allegedly from 11/12th century Keserwen area that was moved out to settle in the South, so this will be interesting.