• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Levant’s DNA mosaic

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Haplogroups don't mean anything. If someone had an ancestor that lived in what is now called the Arabian Peninsula but his descendants migrated to Lebanon about 2000 years ago. Is that person Arab? I don't think so.
I think you are mixing up religion, nationality and ancestry...

Ice Tea

Regardless of the fact that these people's genetic and ancestral claim to Palestine is really debatable, it simply amounts to nothing but an extreme form of racist claim of superiority.
The early Viking tribes that settled in what is today Great Britain, have a better claim to Norway than the Eastern European Jews have to Palestine if we follow your own logic, or lack of. What about the Palestinians themselves?

Once you understand the simple and undeniable fact that Jewry is a international collective of various people from various ethnic backgrounds sharing a single faith, rather than a single ethnic group that existed solely in one single defined patch of land, then a discussion can be valuable. However, my gut tells me that this definition of Jewry does not suit your narrative. In that case, you can continue with your life being a racist on false grounds; good luck with that.

First of all their claims are not dubious. Like I said, genetically they are at least paternally Canaanite/Israelite, and this is scientific consensus. Second, they kept the native language, culture and religion of the land.

Your example doesn't make sense because the Norsemen or Vikings eventually got assimilated into the Anglo-Saxon society, while Jews were always seen as an alien race in Europe. In fact, prior to the creation of Israel 'Palestinian' basically meant Jew. Immanuel Kant refered to Askhenazi Jews as "the Palestinians living among us", for example.

In fact, telling Jews to go back to Palestine was pretty common in Europe until the WW2.

German postcard telling Jews: nach Palästina

Amos Oz states the following in a book

When my father was a little boy in Poland, the streets of Europe were covered with graffiti, "Jews, go back to Palestine," or sometimes worse "Dirty Yids, piss off to Palestine."

Like I said before, Jews are as much a people/nation as they are a religion. Unless they are a recent convert, they all should have genetic and cultural ties to the land. So yes, if you still think Jews don't have an actual claim to the land and that they are not a real people but just a bunch of converts who decided to colonize someone else's land, sorry but that makes you an anti-Semite.

Last edited:

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
So yes, if you still think Jews don't have an actual claim to the land and that they are not a real people but just a bunch of converts who decided to colonize someone else's land, sorry but that makes you an anti-Semite.
I’m gonnago on a hunch and guess that the whole thread’s point is this one stated here.

As i told many people here before, jews as a ethno-religious community were quicked out of judea by roman empero hadrien after their attempt to overthrow roman rule. Yet hadrien did not quick out other people that shared the same genetics with them but not their religion.

So u see, generations later these people’s descendents still share that dna, because science and biology, but that dna isnt jew, its canaanite or wateverthefuuckpeople who used to live in this area of the world.

Now jumping from shared dna to claim land is precarious at best. Many Lebanese are canaanite too, should they claim that land or do they lack propper religious justification?

:)

Ice Tea

I’m gonnago on a hunch and guess that the whole thread’s point is this one stated here.

As i told many people here before, jews as a ethno-religious community were quicked out of judea by roman empero hadrien after their attempt to overthrow roman rule. Yet hadrien did not quick out other people that shared the same genetics with them but not their religion.

So u see, generations later these people’s descendents still share that dna, because science and biology, but that dna isnt jew, its canaanite or wateverthefuuckpeople who used to live in this area of the world.

Now jumping from shared dna to claim land is precarious at best. Many Lebanese are canaanite too, should they claim that land or do they lack propper religious justification?

The DNA thing is just counter argument against anti-semitic lies that Askhenazi Jews are simply European converts or Khazars or whatever. The important thing here is that they kept their Jewish consciousness even after 2000 years in exile.

But no, that was not the point of this thread.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
The DNA thing is just counter argument against anti-semitic lies that Askhenazi Jews are simply European converts or Khazars or whatever. The important thing here is that they kept their Jewish consciousness even after 2000 years in exile.
Oh would you look at that :)

But no, that was not the point of this thread.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Well if my Lebanese parents went to the USA and I were born there, I would have the American nationality and passport: would I be lebanese? I could be if they made me a Lebanese passport and gave me dual citizenship ... if they are Christian however 5 generations ago our family was Muslim, or Jewish... would I be Jewish? What if 16 generations ago my ancestors lived in Africa, would I be African???

What haplogroups tell you is how your ancestors migrated... has nothing to do with your current nationality, religion or ethnic group you identify with...

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
First of all their claims are not dubious. Like I said, genetically they are at least paternally Canaanite/Israelite, and this is scientific consensus. Second, they kept the native language, culture and religion of the land.

Your example doesn't make sense because the Norsemen or Vikings eventually got assimilated into the Anglo-Saxon society, while Jews were always seen as an alien race in Europe. In fact, prior to the creation of Israel 'Palestinian' basically meant Jew. Immanuel Kant refered to Askhenazi Jews as "the Palestinians living among us", for example.

In fact, telling Jews to go back to Palestine was pretty common in Europe until the WW2.

German postcard telling Jews: nach Palästina

Amos Oz states the following in a book

When my father was a little boy in Poland, the streets of Europe were covered with graffiti, "Jews, go back to Palestine," or sometimes worse "Dirty Yids, piss off to Palestine."

Like I said before, Jews are as much a people/nation as they are a religion. Unless they are a recent convert, they all should have genetic and cultural ties to the land. So yes, if you still think Jews don't have an actual claim to the land and that they are not a real people but just a bunch of converts who decided to colonize someone else's land, sorry but that makes you an anti-Semite.

And here i thought that the point of your thread is that modern humans are of a surprisingly mixed DNA heritage, only to divert it later to claim that Jews have a certain distinct DNA fingerprint, which in turn gives them claim over Palestine. I understand you don't realize how contorted your logic is and i'm not into the sport of proving you wrong for that would be a terrible waste of time on an off-topic item.

Next time, try to be more direct in what you want to peddle, maybe unsuspecting people can get the chance to fall for your drivel, and not use intellectual cowardice.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member

i am gonna go on a hunch and assume you meant "kick"

Viral

It would be interesting to check each Israeli citizen’s DNA to find out how much Judaism/Semitism they have in them:confused:

The_FPMer

Well if my Lebanese parents went to the USA and I were born there, I would have the American nationality and passport: would I be lebanese? I could be if they made me a Lebanese passport and gave me dual citizenship ... if they are Christian however 5 generations ago our family was Muslim, or Jewish... would I be Jewish? What if 16 generations ago my ancestors lived in Africa, would I be African???

What haplogroups tell you is how your ancestors migrated... has nothing to do with your current nationality, religion or ethnic group you identify with...
Well that's what I said in my post.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
But according to our anti-semitic members, Jews are completely foreign colonizers, so how can a Lebanese girl score 42.6 Jewish on a DNA test?

i really did not want to comment on this. but it is disturbing that you have no clue on how many levels this thread of yours is actually wrong. i have always been amazed at the capacity of some members to compress so much erroneous thoughts and principles and condense them in so many few words. is there an application i do not know about that does this? like winzip or 7z for absurdities?
  • generalization based on a single sample from one girl who may not even be Lebanese.
  • Lebanese and arabs are semites, just like most Jews.
  • what exactly is Jewish DNA? big nose genes?
  • you really think that because one girl claiming to be Lebanese tested 42% "jewish" means that israel is not a foreign colonizer?

Ice Tea

i really did not want to comment on this. but it is disturbing that you have no clue on how many levels this thread of yours is actually wrong. i have always been amazed at the capacity of some members to compress so much erroneous thoughts and principles and condense them in so many few words. is there an application i do not know about that does this? like winzip or 7z for absurdities?
  • generalization based on a single sample from one girl who may not even be Lebanese.
  • Lebanese and arabs are semites, just like most Jews.
  • what exactly is Jewish DNA? big nose genes?
  • you really think that because one girl claiming to be Lebanese tested 42% "jewish" means that israel is not a foreign colonizer?

Jewish blood = Canaanite blood of the Israelite variety, which most Jews, including Askhenazim, carry significant amount.

The girl is Lebanese, like I said most Lebanese get a lot of Jewish on these tests due to shared Canaanite DNA. Druze user Mysobalanus showed me his results and I believe he posted his blog here with his results and he scored mostly Mizrahi Jewish.

And answering your last question, yes that's exactly what it means. Along with the fact that they preserved the native language, culture and religion of the land.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Jewish blood = Canaanite blood of the Israelite variety, which most Jews, including Askhenazim, carry significant amount.

The girl is Lebanese, like I said most Lebanese get a lot of Jewish on these tests due to shared Canaanite DNA. Druze user Mysobalanus showed me his results and I believe he posted his blog here with his results and he scored mostly Mizrahi Jewish.

And answering your last question, yes that's exactly what it means. Along with the fact that they preserved the native language, culture and religion of the land.
the shared canaanite DNA does not mean Lebanese get a lot of jewish. there is no such thing as jewish DNA. judaism is a religion is not a race. what the results mean is that some jewish people and some Lebanese people have common origins which is an established and a well known fact. and that is not ground for citizenship nor is it validation for the claim to establish the state of israel. period.