The Levant’s DNA mosaic

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Reminds of this very pan-Arabist Druze I know from Rashaya. That came out 20% Ashkenazi and told me something must have went wrong. But he has blonde hair and blue eyes. What did he expect?
He expected 100% Yemeni/Qa7tani.

Though TBH light features don't mean much, Ashkenazim on average have dark features just like other Jews. That being said you guys should not take the commercial results too literally, better to upload your raw data to Gedmatch or use 3rd party tools. Much of that stuff is open source.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ice Tea, you were too nice, you shouldn't have confused them with facts. I'll show you how it's done.

A picture is worth 1000 words, so I just made a nice PCA for you:

bas remember kids... Jews are jUsT a ReLiGiOn ?
    no jews are also a genetic configuration, fi homo-sapien w fi homo-sapien-jew ??

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    He expected 100% Yemeni/Qa7tani.

Though TBH light features don't mean much, Ashkenazim on average have dark features just like other Jews. That being said you guys should not take the commercial results too literally, better to upload your raw data to Gedmatch or use 3rd party tools. Much of that stuff is open source.
    Yeah I've done a Gedmatch and compared my results with IceTea.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    BTW, 90% of Lebanese descend from Canaanites, which means most Muslims descend from them. So @Ice Tea can't call us invaders.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Jews are an ethnoreligious group like the Druze.
    No meng, we jUsT a ReLiGiOn... Fo' real!

BTW, 90% of Lebanese descend from Canaanites, which means most Muslims descend from them. So @Ice Tea can't call us invaders.
    akid... bas now you are Canaanite invaders ?

@True Palestinian from which country are you? Your answer confused me.
    From France... But not for long! I plan on joining the hilltop youth in mzare3 sheb3a... 'tagiv3a, le3olam lo nishkakh!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Jews are an ethnoreligious group like the Druze.
    So any group of people who dabbles with inbreeding is now an ethno-religious entity?
    Can we have a Habsbourg dna line perhaps?

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    I didn’t know that a DNA test can also track religion. Judaism is a religion not a race.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    If you have problems believing me, I'm sure you'll take the word of papa Hafez over mine:

“You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people. [Addressing the Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization Yasser Arafat]”
    ― Hafez Assad

Source

Regarding the etymology of "Falastine", it comes from the Greek Παλαιστίνη (Palaistī́nē) < Hebrew פְּלֶשֶׁת (Pəléšet) < Middle Egyptian ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? (Pwrsty). No /f/ in there, and that's because /p/ systematically becomes /f/ in jarabic. Also worthy of notice is how the /t/ is not pharyngealised /ṭ/ in any of these while it became ط in jarabic. This word is about as jarabic as Caitlyn Jenner is a woman ;)

I could also mention how those "European Ashkenazi Zionist Jews" are genetically far closer to the ancient Philistines than any balistinian out there... But hey, let's keep pretending they're total foreigners!!!11 ?

[]
    You live in a world of your own. And yeah, the Syrian, Lebanese, Palestinians and Jordanians are not close to the ancient Canaanites. They're migrants from Antarctica and descendants of the penguins. It is White Ashkenazi Jews from Khazaria that are related to ancient Phoenicians and ancient Israelites.

But wait, are Jews descendants of Abraham, who was born in the second or third century BC or descendants of ancient Philistines, who were present in the Levant as far back as the 12th century BC? As far as I know, Abraham migrated from Ur, in Mesopotamia and the Canaanites preceded him in the Levant. So how are blonde Khazarian Ashkenazi Jews related to Middle Easterners?

As for the terminology, it is historically fine for a people to live without a name and be given a name or label centuries afterwards. It makes no difference to their presence and existence. The "ph" sound does equate to an "f" sounding word.

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    You live in a world of your own. And yeah, the Syrian, Lebanese, Palestinians and Jordanians are not close to the ancient Canaanites. They're migrants from Antarctica and descendants of the penguins. It is White Ashkenazi Jews from Khazaria that are related to ancient Phoenicians and ancient Israelites.

But wait, are Jews descendants of Abraham, who was born in the second or third century BC or descendants of ancient Philistines, who were present in the Levant as far back as the 12th century BC? As far as I know, Abraham migrated from Ur, in Mesopotamia and the Canaanites preceded him in the Levant. So how are blonde Khazarian Ashkenazi Jews related to Middle Easterners?

As for the terminology, it is historically fine for a people to live without a name and be given a name or label centuries afterwards. It makes no difference to their presence and existence. The "ph" sound does equate to an "f" sounding word.
    There is your answer:

"For a more scientific take on the Jewish origin debate, recent DNA analysis of Ashkenazic Jews – a Jewish ethnic group – revealed that their maternal line is European. It has also been found that their DNA only has 3% ancient ancestry which links them with the Eastern Mediterranean (also known as the Middle East) – namely Israel, Lebanon, parts of Syria, and western Jordan. This is the part of the world Jewish people are said to have originally come from – according to the Old Testament. But 3% is a minuscule amount, and similar to what modern Europeans as a whole share with Neanderthals. So given that the genetic ancestry link is so low, Ashkenazic Jews’ most recent ancestors must be from elsewhere."

Those tools only cite the propaganda they get from Bibi's twitter account.

The non-Levantine origin of AJs is further supported by an ancient DNA analysis of six Natufians and a Levantine Neolithic (Lazaridis et al., 2016), some of the most likely Judaean progenitors (Finkelstein and Silberman, 2002; Frendo, 2004). In a principle component analysis (PCA), the ancient Levantines clustered predominantly with modern-day Palestinians and Bedouins and marginally overlapped with Arabian Jews, whereas AJs clustered away from Levantine individuals and adjacent to Neolithic Anatolians and Late Neolithic and Bronze Age Europeans. To evaluate these findings, we inferred the ancient ancestries of AJs using the admixture analysis described in Marshall et al. (2016). Briefly, we analyzed 18,757 autosomal SNPs genotyped in 46 Palestinians, 45 Bedouins, 16 Syrians, and eight Lebanese (Li et al., 2008) alongside 467 AJs [367 AJs previously analyzed and 100 individuals with AJ mother) (Das et al., 2016) that overlapped with both the GenoChip (Elhaik et al., 2013) and ancient DNA data (Lazaridis et al., 2016). We then carried out a supervised ADMIXTURE analysis (Alexander and Lange, 2011) using three East European Hunter Gatherers from Russia (EHGs) alongside six Epipaleolithic Levantines, 24 Neolithic Anatolians, and six Neolithic Iranians as reference populations (Table S0). Remarkably, AJs exhibit a dominant Iranian (88%˜88%~) and residual Levantine (3%˜3%~) ancestries, as opposed to Bedouins (14%˜14%~ and 68%˜68%~, respectively) and Palestinians (18%˜18%~ and 58%˜58%~, respectively). Only two AJs exhibit Levantine ancestries typical to Levantine populations (Figure 1B). Repeating the analysis with qpAdm (AdmixTools, version 4.1) (Patterson et al., 2012), we found that AJs admixture could be modeled using either three- (Neolithic Anatolians [46%], Neolithic Iranians [32%], and EHGs [22%]) or two-way (Neolithic Iranians [71%] and EHGs [29%]) migration waves (Supplementary Text). These findings should be reevaluated when Medieval DNA would become available. Overall, the combined results are in a strong agreement with the predictions of the Irano-Turko-Slavic hypothesis (Table 1) and rule out an ancient Levantine origin for AJs, which is predominant among modern-day Levantine populations (e.g., Bedouins and Palestinians). This is not surprising since Jews differed in cultural practices and norms (Sand, 2011) and tended to adopt local customs (Falk, 2006). Very little Palestinian Jewish culture survived outside of Palestine (Sand, 2009). For example, the folklore and folkways of the Jews in northern Europe is distinctly pre-Christian German (Patai, 1983) and Slavic in origin, which disappeared among the latter (Wexler, 1993, 2012).

Look who turned out to be "Iranian Majus" :lol:

Last edited:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

The Lebanese, Syrian, Palestinian and Jordanian CHRISTIANS are close to ancient Canaanites. The Muslims? Not so much.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

By the way Khazar Jews were Turkish Jewish State located North West of Iran and bordering the Abbasid Caliphate from the North. The Khazars were allies to the Abbasid Caliphate where the latter is the imaginary historical enemy of Khomeini's in his rewritten history of the Abbasid Caliphate. Nevertheless, the Khazar is really much closer to Iran and Iraq than it is to Germany and England.

1567205354236.png

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

mUh KhAzArs, mUh Bl0nDe jUiCe
    Let's picture what you're saying here for a second... Since a picture is word a thousand words, I just made this sweet PCA for you, I even added a few labels so even you can understand what's going on:

^^So unless you feel like explaining why those blonde khazars basically form a single population with Italian, Sephardic, Greek, North African and Syro-Lebanese Jews, I'm afraid this is an another epic failure from your part m8... And before you give me that redundant crap from Elhaik, keep in mind that all of the data is open source, I can show you how to do the exact same PCA free of charge.

But hey, it's not like you guys are going to disavow that blonde bimbo 3hed tamimi, right? After all, el boulandi bi falas6een 7aram... bas el rousi bi sourya l 7abibé 7alal ?

Last edited:
    True Palestinian

True Palestinian

There is your answer:

"For a more scientific take on the Jewish origin debate, recent DNA analysis of Ashkenazic Jews – a Jewish ethnic group – revealed that their maternal line is European. It has also been found that their DNA only has 3% ancient ancestry which links them with the Eastern Mediterranean (also known as the Middle East) – namely Israel, Lebanon, parts of Syria, and western Jordan. This is the part of the world Jewish people are said to have originally come from – according to the Old Testament. But 3% is a minuscule amount, and similar to what modern Europeans as a whole share with Neanderthals. So given that the genetic ancestry link is so low, Ashkenazic Jews’ most recent ancestors must be from elsewhere."

Those tools only cite the propaganda they get from Bibi's twitter account.

The non-Levantine origin of AJs is further supported by an ancient DNA analysis of six Natufians and a Levantine Neolithic (Lazaridis et al., 2016), some of the most likely Judaean progenitors (Finkelstein and Silberman, 2002; Frendo, 2004). In a principle component analysis (PCA), the ancient Levantines clustered predominantly with modern-day Palestinians and Bedouins and marginally overlapped with Arabian Jews, whereas AJs clustered away from Levantine individuals and adjacent to Neolithic Anatolians and Late Neolithic and Bronze Age Europeans. To evaluate these findings, we inferred the ancient ancestries of AJs using the admixture analysis described in Marshall et al. (2016). Briefly, we analyzed 18,757 autosomal SNPs genotyped in 46 Palestinians, 45 Bedouins, 16 Syrians, and eight Lebanese (Li et al., 2008) alongside 467 AJs [367 AJs previously analyzed and 100 individuals with AJ mother) (Das et al., 2016) that overlapped with both the GenoChip (Elhaik et al., 2013) and ancient DNA data (Lazaridis et al., 2016). We then carried out a supervised ADMIXTURE analysis (Alexander and Lange, 2011) using three East European Hunter Gatherers from Russia (EHGs) alongside six Epipaleolithic Levantines, 24 Neolithic Anatolians, and six Neolithic Iranians as reference populations (Table S0). Remarkably, AJs exhibit a dominant Iranian (88%˜88%~) and residual Levantine (3%˜3%~) ancestries, as opposed to Bedouins (14%˜14%~ and 68%˜68%~, respectively) and Palestinians (18%˜18%~ and 58%˜58%~, respectively). Only two AJs exhibit Levantine ancestries typical to Levantine populations (Figure 1B). Repeating the analysis with qpAdm (AdmixTools, version 4.1) (Patterson et al., 2012), we found that AJs admixture could be modeled using either three- (Neolithic Anatolians [46%], Neolithic Iranians [32%], and EHGs [22%]) or two-way (Neolithic Iranians [71%] and EHGs [29%]) migration waves (Supplementary Text). These findings should be reevaluated when Medieval DNA would become available. Overall, the combined results are in a strong agreement with the predictions of the Irano-Turko-Slavic hypothesis (Table 1) and rule out an ancient Levantine origin for AJs, which is predominant among modern-day Levantine populations (e.g., Bedouins and Palestinians). This is not surprising since Jews differed in cultural practices and norms (Sand, 2011) and tended to adopt local customs (Falk, 2006). Very little Palestinian Jewish culture survived outside of Palestine (Sand, 2009). For example, the folklore and folkways of the Jews in northern Europe is distinctly pre-Christian German (Patai, 1983) and Slavic in origin, which disappeared among the latter (Wexler, 1993, 2012).

Look who turned out to be "Iranian Majus" :lol:
    By all means ya khabeer, check the sweet PCA I just made and explain.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

The guy can't understand basic English, don't hold your breath ?.
    I want him to tell me the Juice are kHaZaRs and should look like Armenians & Georgians (Elhaik's crackpot theory) so I can take the same PCA and show him where Georgians & Armenians are :lol: