The Levant’s DNA mosaic

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
More fantasies; watching you get destroyed in a subject you are highly ignorant in is bigly entertaining. It is typical of Arab men to pretend they know something they do not; they find it difficult to say "no." You are a fine example.
Ah resorting to ingrained racism to fuel those delusions of superiority, lololol. Lovely.

• Advertisement
  • True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Ah resorting to ingrained racism to fuel those delusions of superiority, lololol. Lovely.
    You made a claim you can't support. koun rajoul and accept you messed up. I admire people who recognise their mistakes... And I loathe people who persist in their error.

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    Put your money where your mouth is. Since you run PCAs all the time, go ahead and do it using the open-source data.

But all you're good at is defaming others... and failing miserably in the process.
    Lol, are you for real? You can't be that stupid.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

I mean let's be honest here... The theory according to which Dustin Hoffman is descended from some horse-riding mongoloid steppe warriors who converted to Judaism was never going to work, there's a reason why they use Jewish actors to play Sicilian mobsters instead of Genghis Khan you know :lol:

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    Ask and I'll provide. Here's a recent study on Crete:

Genetic history of the population of Crete

Abstract

The medieval history of several populations often suffers from scarcity of contemporary records resulting in contradictory and sometimes biased interpretations by historians. This is the situation with the population of the island of Crete, which remained relatively undisturbed until the Middle Ages when multiple wars, invasions, and occupations by foreigners took place. Historians have considered the effects of the occupation of Crete by the Arabs (in the 9th and 10th centuries C.E.) and the Venetians (in the 13th to the 17th centuries C.E.) to the local population. To obtain insights on such effects from a genetic perspective, we studied representative samples from 17 Cretan districts using the Illumina 1 million or 2.5 million arrays and compared the Cretans to the populations of origin of the medieval conquerors and settlers. Highlights of our findings include (1) small genetic contributions from the Arab occupation to the extant Cretan population, (2) low genetic contribution of the Venetians to the extant Cretan population, and (3) evidence of a genetic relationship among the Cretans and Central, Northern, and Eastern Europeans, which could be explained by the settlement in the island of northern origin tribes during the medieval period. Our results show how the interaction between genetics and the historical record can help shed light on the historical record.

Here's what they have to say about Ashkenazi Jews:

In the PCA of Crete vs Europe, the Cretans overlap with three populations: the Peloponneseans, the Sicilians and the Ashkenazi Jews (see Figures 4a, S17, and S18). Southern European and Mediterranean ancestry of the Ashkenazi Jews has also been demonstrated before (Atzmon et al., 2010; Behar et al., 2010; Bauchet et al., 2007; Price et al., 2008; Seldin et al., 2006; Tian et al., 2008). Furthermore, we find in both PCA and ADMIXTURE analysis, that the Ashkenazi are more similar to the Cretans than to the two Levantine Semitic populations. One possible explanation is that this relation might reveal a common Mediterranean ancestry that the Cretan and Ashkenazi populations share.

^^In red on this PCA.

In other words, they're as Turkic as Cretans... As well as Sicilians, Ancient Greeks, Philistines and (most importantly) Jewish populations.

Also notice the comparison with Eastern Europeans (second PCA on the top). Guess who this counts for as well ;)

And don't forget to compare what they say to what you see on my PCAs :cigar:

Still waiting for an explanation.
    Even your own article says Ashkenazi are more similar to European than semitic levantine population.

This is getting boring guys.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Even your own article says Ashkenazi are more similar to European than semitic levantine population.

What the article says is that they are more similar to Cretans than to Druze & balistinians. I would argue that Cretans are not, in fact, a good example of a European population for the simple fact that they, much like all the Jewish populations I highlighted, are closer to the Middle East than to Europe.

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    What the article says is that they are more similar to Cretans than to Druze & balistinians. I would argue that Cretans are not, in fact, a good example of a European population for the simple fact that they, much like all the Jewish populations I highlighted, are closer to the Middle East than to Europe.
    Lolz. Your own article says that cretans and Ashkenazi share southern European genes and are DIFFERENT from semitic middle eastern populations. It makes that distinction very clear and in fact doesn't really contradict the article I posted. Pelopenese, Crete are all very close to turkey. The map is rather similar.

Fout nem. 2al he runs PCAs. W haydaki lmastoul why don't you run your own, lmao.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Lolz. Your own article says that cretans and Ashkenazi share southern European genes and are DIFFERENT from semitic middle eastern populations. It makes that distinction very clear and in fact doesn't really contradict the article I posted. Pelopenese, Crete are all very close to turkey. The map is rather similar.

Fout nem. 2al he runs PCAs. W haydaki lmastoul why don't you run your own, lmao.
    Since you insist on claiming that Ashkenazim are "different" from Semitic-speaking groups, here's a personal example... My Y-Chromosomal lineage is J1-ZS222, here are a few maps detailing its frequency:

And here's a tree showing the correlation between this lineage and Semitic languages:

^^My branch is right under the red "Canaanite" box. The above is based on ancient DNA, as this lineage has been found in several Bronze Age samples from Lebanon, Jordan and Israel (Philistines in fact).

I am not the exception, I am the rule. Around 20% of Ashkenazim carry this. ~90% of the other Ashkenazi lineages are just as Middle Eastern.

"Different from Semitic populations" 2al :lol:

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    Since you insist on claiming that Ashkenazim are "different" from Semitic-speaking groups, here's a personal example... My Y-Chromosomal lineage is J1-ZS222, here are a few maps detailing its frequency:

And here's a tree showing the correlation between this lineage and Semitic languages:

^^My branch is just under the red "Canaanite" box. The above is based on ancient DNA, as this lineage has been found in several Bronze Age samples from Lebanon, Jordan and Israel (Philistines in fact).

I am not the exception, I am the rule. Around 20% of Ashkenazim carry this. ~90% of the other Ashkenazi lineages are just as Middle Eastern.

"Different from Semitic populations" 2al :lol:
    Tayeb 7aboub if this is gonna make you sleep at night. Akid you're semitic because of your n=1 data. Yalla fout dodo and let's get back this thread to topic. (Btw based on these maps shaklak lezim yerja3 3a Arabia with the rest of the balistinians lolol)

2al he runs PCAs and makes graphs, lolol.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

Tayeb 7aboub if this is gonna make you sleep at night. Akid you're semitic because of your n=1 data. Yalla fout dodo and let's get back this thread to topic.

2al he runs PCAs and makes graphs, lolol.
    y3ne if you really believe Jews are Turks, go tell a few Cretans that they're Turks as well... I'm sure nothing will happen to you if you try that stunt ?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Cretans, Sicilians, Maltese, Cypriots are all heavily Middle Eastern-influenced European populations. Ashkenazi Jews are mostly Levantine on their paternal lineage and Greco-Roman on their maternal one, hence why they are close to the aforementioned groups. They are basically equidistant between Levantines and Greeks or Romans, as @True Palestinian has demonstrated in his PCA.

Palestinian Muslims, on the other hand, are equidistant between Palestinian Christians and Peninsular Arabians, and have varying degrees of Arabian ancestry both on their paternal and maternal sides.

Anyway, from an autosomal point of view it could be argued that both Askhenazi Jews and Palestinian Muslims are 50% Levantine. So who has the better claim to Palestine/Israel? Well I say the group who speaks an actual Canaanite language (Hebrew), practices a native religion (Judaism) and has a deep and profound cultural and spiritual connection to the land, after all Jews originated in Israel. Palestinian Muslims although also have genetic ties to Palestine/Israel, their cultural and spiritual ties point to Saudi Arabia, they pray facing Mecca after all don't they.

Anyway, you seem to like to accuse others of racism but you're the one saying Jews are not Levantine or Israelite enough, not good enough to have a country on their ancestral homeland solely because of their genetics. Like I said before, if you are racist enough to wanna play this stupid 'purity' game, then so be it. But remember Levantine Muslim populations are just as mixed with Arabians and other Muslims as Askhenazi Jews are mixed with Southern Europeans. It's only the other Levantine religious minorities (basically Christians, Samaritans and Druze) that seem to be 100% native to the land based on DNA, so if you're not one of them STFU. And even if you are, you can't say one group is not native enough without the same being true for the other.

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    Cretans, Sicilians, Maltese, Cypriots are all heavily Middle Eastern-influenced European populations. Ashkenazi Jews are mostly Levantine on their paternal lineage and Greco-Roman on their maternal one, hence why they are close to the aforementioned groups. They are basically equidistant between Levantines and Greeks or Romans, as @True Palestinian has demonstrated in his PCA.

Palestinian Muslims, on the other hand, are equidistant between Palestinian Christians and Peninsular Arabians, and have varying degrees of Arabian ancestry both on their paternal and maternal sides.

Anyway, from an autosomal point of view it could be argued that both Askhenazi Jews and Palestinian Muslims are 50% Levantine. So who has the better claim to Palestine/Israel? Well I say the group who speaks an actual Canaanite language (Hebrew), practices a native religion (Judaism) and has a deep and profound cultural and spiritual connection to the land, after all Jews originated in Israel. Palestinian Muslims although also have genetic ties to Palestine/Israel, their cultural and spiritual ties point to Saudi Arabia, they pray facing Mecca after all don't they.

Anyway, you seem to like to accuse others of racism but you're the one saying Jews are not Levantine or Israelite enough, not good enough to have a country on their ancestral homeland solely because of their genetics. Like I said before, if you are racist enough to wanna play this stupid 'purity' game, then so be it. But remember Levantine Muslim populations are just as mixed with Arabians and other Muslims as Askhenazi Jews are mixed with Southern Europeans. It's only the other Levantine religious minorities (basically Christians, Samaritans and Druze) that seem to be 100% native to the land based on DNA, so if you're not one of them STFU. And even if you are, you can't say one group is not native enough without the same being true for the other.
    I've never ever used any "DNA" arguments regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I don't think Palestinian rights have anything to do with DNA. And I have also mentioned in the past that Jews have a religious and historical connection to Palestine regardless where they came from.

I'm only engaging in this conversation to point out that your bs that all Jews are descended from the Levant - YOUR racist DNA arguement to justify ethnic cleansing - is just propaganda, not scientific fact.

You are a shameless two-faced liar, who called for nuking Lebanese (including Christians) and then denied saying this. So I can't expect anything less. You shouldn't have been banned for a week. You should be banned permanently for advocating genocide against Lebanese and for really being a vile, disgusting Neo-Nazi lahdist slave.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    I mean let's be honest here... The theory according to which Dustin Hoffman is descended from some horse-riding mongoloid steppe warriors who converted to Judaism was never going to work, there's a reason why they use Jewish actors to play Sicilian mobsters instead of Genghis Khan you know :lol:
    Modern Jews like the Palestinians themselves have a variety of ethnic ancestries. So for you to claim Palestine solely because you descended from Israelites some thousands of years back is childish. And a big chunk of you have less and less Levantine genes to lay your claim based on that theory. Otherwise how would you explain black Ethiopian Jews and blonde Russian Jews? I am sure the sun didn't bake them long enough to collect that much melanin over some thousands of years. It must have taken constant intermarriages with other races to develop such variations, if at all there was any descent and not just conversions. As @Jorje said, you are the ones trying to build claims and propaganda on DNA studies and it is not in your support in the end.

Last edited:
    Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    I follow the wisdom of Ali Bin Abi Taleb and he told me to stop arguing with fools :cigar: so I'm going to stop arguing with you. Until I'm bored that is!
    Haram! Please don't cry.

• Haha
    Reactions: LVV
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I've never ever used any "DNA" arguments regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I don't think Palestinian rights have anything to do with DNA. And I have also mentioned in the past that Jews have a religious and historical connection to Palestine regardless where they came from.

I'm only engaging in this conversation to point out that your bs that all Jews are descended from the Levant - YOUR racist DNA arguement to justify ethnic cleansing - is just propaganda, not scientific fact.

You are a shameless two-faced liar, who called for nuking Lebanese (including Christians) and then denied saying this. So I can't expect anything less. You shouldn't have been banned for a week. You should be banned permanently for advocating genocide against Lebanese and for really being a vile, disgusting Neo-Nazi lahdist slave.

Liar, I've never called and would never call for the nuking of my people (Christians) nor any other non-terrorist and peaceful group. I've called and continue to call for the extermination of Hezbollah Persian murderous terrorists. I admit I expressed myself the wrong way before due to poor choice of words, and I paid for it, I did my time - 20 days, not just a week.

And I'm the furthest thing from a Neo-Nazi, you dumb ****. I 100% support Jewish rights and their right to self-determination, imo they're the most noble people in the world and inspire me so much. I only don't call myself a Zionist because I'm not Jewish (it's like a man who supports women's right calling himself a feminist, even tho he has the best intentions it could sound offensive to actual women and be considered appropriation).

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Judaism is a religion not a race. There is nothing called Jewish genes.
    Like there is nothing called Muslim or Christian genes.
    From a Middle Eastern perspective:

Muslim genes = Arabian genes

Jewish/Christian genes = Levantine/Canaanite genes

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    From a Middle Eastern perspective:

Muslim genes = Arabian genes

Jewish/Christian genes = Levantine/Canaanite genes
    Throughout history many Jews converted to Islam or Christianity. Same goes for Christianity to Islam and vice versa. Moreover many Christian Arab tribes settled in the Levant.

Therefore religion doesn’t define the gene.

zero

zero

Throughout history many Jews converted to Islam or Christianity. Same goes for Christianity to Islam and vice versa.

Therefore religion doesn’t define the gene.
    nah man every Muslim in Lebanon marched straight from Mecca :lol:.Every chinese muslim also, they are all arabs that scotch tape their eyes every morning.

Last edited: