The Levant’s DNA mosaic

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Throughout history many Jews converted to Islam or Christianity. Same goes for Christianity to Islam and vice versa. Moreover many Christian Arab tribes settled in the Levant.

Therefore religion doesn’t define the gene.

1) No Jew or Christian ever just converted to Islam in the Middle East, they were CONVERTED BY FORCE. And after they were converted and the Arab identity was forced on them they became Arabs and started mixing with other Arabs from all over the Arab world.

2) No Muslim ever converted to Christianity simply because that would be considered apostasy and would mean their death, since you know Christians are considered infidels that will burn in hell forever according to Islam.

3) Christian Arab tribes didn't exactly settle in the Levant per se, and most certainly not in Lebanon. They lived on the Levant-Arabian border in places like Jordan and the Syrian desert. And they were the first ones to be killed or converted by force during the Muslim conquest. Further proof of that is that the supposed descendants of Christian Arabs, the Christian Orthodox, are genetically no different from the Syriac Maronites.

• Advertisement
  • Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    1) No Jew or Christian ever just converted to Islam in the Middle East, they were CONVERTED BY FORCE. And after they were converted and the Arab identity was forced on them they became Arabs and started mixing with other Arabs from all over the Arab world.

2) No Muslim ever converted to Christianity simply because that would be considered apostasy and would mean their death, since you know Christians are considered infidels that will burn in hell forever according to Islam.

3) Christian Arab tribes didn't exactly settle in the Levant per se, and most certainly not in Lebanon. They lived on the Levant-Arabian border in places like Jordan and the Syrian desert. And they were the first ones to be killed or converted by force during the Muslim conquest. Further proof of that is that the supposed descendants of Christian Arabs, the Christian Orthodox, are genetically no different from the Syriac Maronites.
    I am not disagreeing with you on this. All I am saying is that religion and genes are something different.

True Palestinian

True Palestinian

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why Ashkenazi Jews are near-identical to Italian, Greek, Sephardic, North African and Syro-Lebanese Jews... I mean, they're "just a religion", sa7? It's all a big mystery to me!

Someone help me out plz

Last edited:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

3 random Christians and 3 random Muslims. The results confirm what was already known, Christians are basically pristine Levantines who descend from the Canaanites.

The Muslims are surprisingly even more admixed than previously thought and could barely be considered native, being less than 50% Levantine.

As it was hinted in an earlier study, it's not Arabian admixture that set Lebanese Christians and Muslims apart, but the heavy Turkish/Iranian input the latter have.

Christians:

Muslims:

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

For comparison, an Israeli Christian from Nazareth. Basically identical to the Lebanese Christians. For those who say religion plays no role in genetics: all Levantine Christians are closer to each other than any is to their Muslims counterparts.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I hope this serves as a reminder for @Rachel Corrie and co not to call anyone 'foreign colonizer', especially when referring to Israelis. These Lebanese Muslims are scoring only 30-40% Levantine, while even full blown Eastern European Ashkenazi Jews scores +50%.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    3 random Christians and 3 random Muslims. The results confirm what was already known, Christians are basically pristine Levantines who descend from the Canaanites.

The Muslims are surprisingly even more admixed than previously thought and could barely be considered native, being less than 50% Levantine.

As it was hinted in an earlier study, it's not Arabian admixture that set Lebanese Christians and Muslims apart, but the heavy Turkish/Iranian input the latter have.

Christians:

Muslims:

Chou 7a tefro2

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

@Ice Tea you should live in an Asylum for brain handicaps.
    I expected @LVV to conduct such research and not you

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    I hope this serves as a reminder for @Rachel Corrie and co not to call anyone 'foreign colonizer', especially when referring to Israelis. These Lebanese Muslims are scoring only 30-40% Levantine, while even full blown Eastern European Ashkenazi Jews scores +50%.
    23andme keeps changing their results / categories. Not sure if it's getting better or worse. I was 97% Levantine a while back. Now it chipped it into my West Asian component saying I'm 14.3% "Iranian, Caucasian & Mesopotamian" all lumped into one category and 1% Anatolian.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

23andme keeps changing their results / categories. Not sure if it's getting better or worse. I was 97% Levantine a while back. Now it chipped it into my West Asian component saying I'm 14.3% "Iranian, Caucasian & Mesopotamian" all lumped into one category and 1% Anatolian.

Well, Levantine Christians range from 80% to 99% Levantine on this new update, I imagine the same is true for the Druze considering it's been proved Levantine Christians and Druze are closest to each other. Levantine Muslims range from from just 30% Levantine to 60%, most being 40-50% and can no longer be considered native.

The fact that a Lebanese Christian from Akkar is genetically almost identical to a Christian all the way down to Bethlehem and completely different from a Muslim next village is amazing.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Aren't many Druze of Kurdish descent, or is it just the Jumblat family?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Well, Levantine Christians range from 80% to 99% Levantine on this new update, I imagine the same is true for the Druze considering it's been proved Levantine Christians and Druze are closest to each other. Levantine Muslims range from from just 30% Levantine to 60%, most being 40-50% and can no longer be considered native.

The fact that a Lebanese Christian from Akkar is genetically almost identical to a Christian all the way down to Bethlehem and completely different from a Muslim next village is amazing.

I think Lebanese Sunnis tend to be heavily admixed because Ottomans wanted Sunnis to govern, so they encouraged many Sunnis from all over the Ottoman empire to migrate to Lebanon. But contrary to popular belief, Shiites do not come from Iran. It's Lebanese scholars who helped spread Shia Islam in Iran and not the other way around.

O Brother

O Brother

Legendary Member
    hahaha based on 3 randoms what kind of stupid study is this ya wallad

Please follow the Oroom rules and post the sources of your stupid study or wait is it your own "study" walla manak hayen sayer te3mil sudies w 2osas :lol:

Last edited:
    fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Most christians comb their hair to the right while most mulsims comb theirs to the left. That's a striking diff... Sorry STRIKING difference if i ever saw one.
    You see, genetically speaking, the christian scalp developed over time while most christians were looking towards the west, and since the dominant wind is south-eastern, the hair followed it. Muslims look towards the east, hence the different hairstyle.
    That's why jumblats hair is all over the place and he seems to have resigned from trying to find a suitable hairstyle a long time ago.
    It's actually useful not to be shallow sometimes in these matters and go think matters through academically.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    What an embarrassing thread. I love it though. It's like Ice Tea's whole existence summed up in a few words.

The only thing it is missing is a PCA, @True Palestinian. Maybe an upcoming collaboration to be published in Nature linking Ice Tea's groundbreaking genetic testing with True Palestinian's data-analysis abilities and @Muki 's commentary? :lol::lol:

Last edited:
    Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Are the 3 Muslim results still showing for you guys or should I post them again?

SAVO

SAVO

i did the 23andme test .. the result was as expected ...
    half levantine and half caucasian ( high percentual levantine , and high northern west asian)..

lot of my relatives as for 23andme are ashkenazi jews ;D ;D..

SAVO

SAVO

Christians:

Muslims:

mine is :

arab levantine egyptian : 54.8 ( 37.7 levantine (lebanon ) , egypt 5.9, penisular arab 1.9,coptic 0.2, broadly arab egyptian levantine 8.9 % )

northern west asia 40.50 (iranian, caucasian & mesopotamian 23% , Anatolian 8.9 , cypriot 1.2 % , broadly northern western asian 7.4 )

broadly western asian and northern african ; 4.6 %

and here 0.1 change , once they say siberian ( and one of my grandfather from jacuzia (siberia ) as for 23ndme lived in the 700 ', and once 0,1 brodly chinese & south east Asian )